Chapter 8

Hope

 

“Park Jung Min…you’re back!!”

“Mal!  Young Saeng hyung!! Mal’s back!!”

 

 

She could hear the chaos and a loud thud from behind the closed door.  The thud was like something that fell or dropped off to the floor.  It made her anxious and curious.  She can’t wait for Jung Min to open the door for her anymore and straight away made her way in the apartment by going through the door, looking side to side for Jung Min.

 

 

And there in front of her was a crowd of four people hovering down to one person.  She eyed at the four for Park Jung Min but he was not one of them.  That would only mean one thing.  He was the one on the floor.

 

“STOP!  He had an operation!  Stop being so rough on him!!”  She screamed her hearts out as she strike forward towards the crowd, trying to pull the four boys away from Jung Min, forgetting that she was a spirit and that she can’t hold to any of them.

 

She was just about to push the tall black haired boy who was hugging Jung Min when he heard Jung Min’s loud outburst, “YA!  GET OFF ME!  Do you want my wound to open up again?  Stay away…”

 

“But Mal, I miss you…” said the boy who was hugging Jung Min, not wanting to let him go.

“Hyung Jun…Get off Minnie.  He’s right.  We don’t want him to get back to the hospital to re-stitch his operation wound,” said the boy with the dimples.

 

She stopped on her tracks behind the boy beside the one with dimples, watching as the boy named Hyung Jun released Jung Min and stood up, making the boy in front of him to step backwards, going through her.  She was now exactly inside of him, making her queasy and dizzy.

 

“Hyun Joong hyung!  Come here.  Help me up.”

 

She was sure the voice was Jung Min’s.  And as the boy walked away from her, she shook her head of the dizziness and backed away.  Not wanting to experience the same thing again.  Yu Soo Min looked up when her head cleared up and saw the concerned, worried eyes of Jung Min in front of her.  His eyes were asking her if she was okay and she gave him a nod.  Her eyes diverted to the other guys behind Jung Min.  She could see the questions in their eyes and confusions on their faces while looking at Jung Min’s back. 

 

“They are confused.  In their eyes, they are seeing you standing here alone, staring at nothing.  You better get back to them.”

“Let them.  You are sure, you’re okay?” he whispered to her.

“Don’t worry.  I’m fine.”

“Let’s get you to my room.”

 

He turned around to face his band members, putting on a smile.  “I think I’ll head back to my room.  To rest.  Tell manager hyung to just leave my bags here, at the living room.  I’ll bring them in myself.”

 

“Jung Min ah…is everything okay?” asked the last person she just noticed.  A boy with soft, caring eyes, brownish hair and good looking features.  Now that all four are facing Jung Min and her, she noticed that all 4 are good looking.

 

How can they all be as handsome as this?  What group is this?’ she asked herself, her eyes can’t stop looking from one boy to the other.  She’s lucky they can’t see her because in reality, she would never stare at the opposite like this.  When Jung Min cleared his throat, she snapped out of it and looked back at him as he gave her a gesture to follow him.

 

They went in to the second room on the right with Jung Min opening the door and waited for her to get in first before he made his way in himself.  The room has one queen bed with brown cover at the left side, a cupboard on the right and near the corner was a TV set installed with a noraebang device.  In front of the bed was a big rectangular mirror.  The first thing he would see when he wakes up.

 

She was still standing at the center of the room, when Jung Min asked her, “Are sure you’re okay?  I’m sorry to what Hyun Joong hyung did to you.  He didn’t know you were there.”

 

Turning her head towards the bed, she saw him sitting on, looking directly at her.  She shook her head, “It’s okay.  I understand.  I was the one that got too close behind him.  I wanted to pull the one hugging you away, scared that he might open up the wound.  I think I forgot that I was a spirit for moment there.”

“Thank you for your concern.  I got quite a shock when I heard you shouting back then.”

 

Her cheeks grew hot, embarrassed by his statement.   “I shock myself too.  But you’re sure your wound is okay?”

“Yup.  It is still in tact.  So, you’ve met my band mates.  What do you think of them?”

“Well…they are good looking for one.”

“You were checking up on them?”

 

Another rushed of blood went up her face.  This time around, she turned her face away from Jung Min.  ‘I shouldn’t have said that.  He would probably think I’m erted or something.

 

“Never mind that.  Go on…”

 

Still with her face away from Jung Min’s she continued, “They are loud but they sure love and care for you.  So which is which?  If I’m not mistaken, Hyung Jun the turtle is the one that kept calling you Mal and hugging you, right?”

“That’s him.  Stupid turtle.  So, how about the other three?  Can you guess?”

“Well, I think the one that went through me is Kim Hyun Joong, your leader.  Because I heard you called that name, and he went forward to help you.  As the other two…I have no idea.”

“2 out of 4.  Not bad.  Well, the one with dimples, I know you’d noticed that about him, is Heo Young Saeng and the last one with the most caring voice is Kim Kyu Jong.”

 

Then there were silence.  Confused, she slowly turned around.  On the bed, she saw Park Jung Min lying on his bed with his eyes closed.  She went closer to him to check if he was really asleep when she heard the door creaked open.  Two heads popped inside, one above the other.  If she was not mistaken, it was the turtle and the leader. 

 

“Shh…he’s asleep.  Hyung…are you sure you heard him talking alone?  Probably he was on the phone.”

“Babo…the conversation was like a two way communication and he can’t be talking on the phone since manager hyung just dropped off his bag and phone to us a while ago.  And if you didn’t notice, he was acting quite strange before.  Suddenly walked past us and stood still facing nothing.”

“Hyung…did the operation affect his brain?”

“You are really a babo, Junnie ah.  The brain is up here,” said Hyun Joong, while knocking the head of the boy below him, “and the appendix is near the stomach.  I think the hospital put something inside him.  He’s communicating with aliens.”

“Hyung!”

“Shhh…he stirred.  We better go…”

 

With that the two quickly pulled their heads away and closed the door slowly.  Yu Soo Min can’t help grinning hearing to their interesting conversation.  ‘You have really interesting friends, Jung Min.