Chapter 35

Hope

 

 

‘This person is weird.  Why is he keep staring at me and watch me do my work?  Doesn’t he have any work to do?  I thought an idol has tons of jobs,’ she grumbled silently to herself, trying hard to focus on the work she’s doing and ignore the eyes that continued to fixed on her every move.

 

She typed in the coding using the aircrack tool within her backtrack operating system installed in her laptop to test the security level of the wireless connection within the store.  Waiting for a few minutes to capture the necessary amount of packets to crack through the WEP key, she looked up from her laptop and looked straight into the eyes of the idol in front of her.

 

“So, you are the CEO of the store huh?  For an idol, you sure are working hard to establish your name as someone more than just a singer,” she complimented him.

 

“I’ve told you about it before.”

 

‘Huh?  Again with the remarks of knowing me before.’  She tilted her head a bit and gave the person in front of her an awkward smile, eyeing away from the nonstop stare.

 

This wasn’t the first time something like this happened between them.  The first time she met him, during the rabbit incident, he had given her this wide, warm smile as if he had known her from before.  Sure she knew who he was.  He was Park Jung Min.  One of the members of her newfavourite pop group, SS501.  The group she had started to like so much ever since she woke up from the month long slumber, after coincidently having a chance to listen to one of their song from a radio station.  He was herfavourite singer actually, but she’s not going to let him know about it and risking him to cancel the contract thinking of her as a fanatic fan.

 

Remembering back the earlier set up, he actually did say something like; it’s nice to finally meet you again.  And not to mention the sudden closeness when he stepped forward towards her, making the gap between them just a small step away and using both his hands to shook her hand.  Even the hand shaking took quite sometime before he let go. As if he was longing so much to hold her.  But she was sure this was the first time she had met him live.

 

Soo Min scanned the monitor of her laptop.  Seeing that she has enough packets now, she started to key in commands to crack the WEP password of the WiFi in Royal Avenue, the store she’s in at the moment. 

 

“It takes me less than 10 minutes to hack into your wireless network.  You should try to secure it a little better.  I’ll put it inside of the report.  Now, what is the url of the e-commerce site of the store?” she asked, continuing her work.

 

“How about if we take a break?”

 

Park Jung Min’s voice was heard next to her, startling her in the process.  She quickly turned her sight to her left, where the source of the voice came from.  Only to be surprised again at the little distance between their faces.

 

“Ahhh…” she yelped, backing away abruptly, swaying the chair she sat on, and making her lost her balance.

 

“Soo Min ah…”

 

She grabbed hold of the hand in front of her as the chair fell sideways. 

 

“Gwenchana?”

 

Panted a bit, she looked up, meeting the concerned eyes of her bias in SS501.  ‘Those eyes… It seemed familiar.’

 

She continued to stare at the eyes unknowingly to her own self.  Not even noticing the hand that she tightly held on to, nor aware of the hand that was around her waist, supporting her.  Oddly enough, both of them didn’t even notice the closeness of their bodies together.  They were too absorbed in each other.

 

‘I’ve seen these eyes before.  The familiarity, the warmth…’

 

The way he looked at her, from concern to longing, to compassion, it stirred something inside of her.  ‘But, how could this be? How can I feel this familiarization feeling towards someone I’ve just met?’

 

She quickly shook the feelings away and pushed herself away from her client as the realization of the awkward position they are in. 

 

“I’m sorry.  I’m okay now, Park Jung Min-sshi.  You can let go of me.”

 

But the man in front of her kept his hand wrapped tightly around her, not wanting to let her go.  His free hand, the one she had let go, made its way towards her hair.  Towards the hair rubber band that tied her braided hair, pulling it off, making her hair flowed loosely.

 

“Park Jung Min-sshi…what are you doing?”

 

“Once, let me see your hair loose.  Just once.”

 

Hearing his pleading voice, her heart felt touched by it and she stopped protesting, and let it be.  Her eyes scanning the facial change on his face.  His longing and at the same time happiness shone on it.  She can’t pinpoint it, but seeing him looking like it, her feelings started to felt the same longing feelings in them.  The feelings that she can’t seemed to understand the reason why it was there at the first place.

 

“Soo Min ah, I am so glad that you’re doing well,” he said as he finally slowly loosened his gripped from her and took her hand, leaving the rubber band in them.  He left her then.  Leaving her standing there, dumbfounded.

 

What the…?  What just happened?’ she thought to herself as she swung her head back, looking at the back of Park Jung Min as he walked out of the store towards the car that was waiting for him by the side of the road.