Chapter 33

Hope

 

Park Jung Min’s POV:

 

 

A ringing tone intruded the interview session.  He quickly picked it up and excused himself hurriedly.  While making his way away from the ears of the MNet crew to a more private and silent place, he could hear the other members covering for him regarding the call and his reaction to the call.

 

Thank you guys…’ he gratefully thought as he took the phone to his ear, “Hyung, I’m in the clear now.  So, how is she?”

 

 

The answer he feared the most and another bombshell was the one he heard from the other end of the phone.  From the only one he trusted on this particular matter that was still in Seoul.

 

“What do you mean you don’t know where she is?  Hyung, I thought you helped her back into her body.  How can she be gone in two days that you’re abroad?”

 

He slumped down on the floor.  He didn’t expect the answer. 

 

‘Where could she be now?  How is she?  Did she check out already?  Why didn’t she try to contact me?’ 

 

Question after question filled his head. 

 

“I understand hyung.  At least we knew one thing for certain.  She’s alive.  Eun Hyuk hyung, thank you for everything you’ve done for her.”

 

He was about to hang up when he heard Eun Hyuk’s sudden loud cry from the other end of the phone.  Jung Min placed the phone back to his ear.

 

What he heard next shattered his heart.  He was stunned.  He didn’t even realize that he has dropped down his hand that held the mobile phone to the floor.  His eyes stared emptily to the wall in front of him.  Luckily he was at the deserted hallway.  No one saw his state and no one knew he was there. 

 

He didn’t even realized how long he stayed it that position.  There were so many things playing in his mind.  Flashback memories of her.  From the time he saw her until the night of their first date.  And how worried he was when she wasn’t around the morning he awoke alone at the beach, woken by the ringing of his phone.  How confused he was about the message left by her with Kyu Jong and how troubled he was when he knew about the condition she was in from the call he made to Eun Hyuk after realization hit him regarding her message.

 

But now?  He doesn’t know what to feel.  Relieved that she was finally back into her body safely and the procedure went well?  Or worried when he doesn’t know her whereabouts at this current moment when she was finally able to checked out from the hospital?  Or feeling sorry for himself when he knew he’s the only that would be able to remember everything?

 

He placed his right hand on his chest and held his breath.  Closing his eyes and clenching his jaw, he tried to compose himself.  He still had an interview going on.  He can’t left s alone.  He’s a professional.  Work is work and his personal life should be separated in a clean cut from work.  Letting out his held up breath, combined with his frustration sigh, he stood up with the help of the wall behind him and put on his work face.  Walking back towards the room where the interview was still going on.