Chapter 22

Hope

 

 

Staring down at her body, “We shouldn’t make the ones we love feel bad about themselves for not being able to safe us.  Everyone is trying their best to help us.  We shouldn’t give up.  You should continue hang in there and if you want us to have a new start, a new beginning, I will try my best to get rid of the black spot.  I miss the happy part of myself too,” she said as she scanned her body from the face to the leg.

 

A new wire has been attached to her body, to her chest, monitoring her heart.  Soo Min placed her palm on her physical body’s chest, passing through slightly.  ‘We have to keep fighting.  We can’t let Jung Min down.

 

Closing her eyes, she reached the place with her mind.  ‘One more place before going back to the apartment.  Jung Min would have arrived home by then from the filming.

 

Opening her eyes as she heard the clings and clangs of dishes, her eyes were welcomed by the sight of a man washing the dishes by the sink.  She heaved out a heavy sigh, ‘One way or another…’ as she began to approach him.

 

She stopped short, a feet behind him and continued staring at the back of the man.  Her feelings were heavy.  ‘Can I really forgive him?  Has he really changed for the good?  Can I really trust him?  Like before?’  Questions after questions bombarded her but not even one could be answered just yet. 

 

As she was still contemplating, the man turned around.  With the light on, this would be the first time she was able to see his true feature.  8 years have somewhat changed his physicaly self.  That was expected.  His feature are still somewhat the same.  But he seemed weary, his eye bags were visible and he was thinner than she remembered.

 

He walked past her as she moved away, letting him thru, towards the living room.  She kept watch as he bent down and took a book, a diary perhaps, from the floor beside her double-seater sofa.  With the book in his hand, he sat down on the sofa and opened the diary, scribbling something in it. 

 

She made her way closer, trying to peek on the writings.  Reading it made her gasped.  She quickly closed .  ‘I have no idea.  Is he really?  I need to read this diary. I have to know.’  Closing her eyes, she wished for another place.

 

“Yu Soo Min?  Why are you here?”

 

She quickly opened her eyes when she heard the voice, “Eun Hyuk-sshi, I need your help.”

 

“Is anything wrong?”

 

She ignored his question, “Is there a way for me to hold on objects longer?  Without tiring myself?  I can briefly touch things but I need to hold one longer this time.”

 

“Wae?” Eun Hyuk stared at her, waiting for her answer.  His curious expression clearly shown.

 

“This has something to do with cleansing myself.  Like you have suggested before.”

 

“Are you sure?  This has nothing to do with harming anyone?  How can I be sure that the thing you are trying to hold is not a knife?”

 

“Eun Hyuk-sshi, do I look like I want to kill someone?”

 

Eun Hyuk smiled, “No, but you seemed desperate.  Desperate enough to even come into the bathroom.  Luckily I’m wearing a towel.”

 

Mworago?’  She looked around, the surroundings.  That was when she realized where she was. Turning back at Eun Hyuk, her eyes, out of her control, drawing down, towards his lower half.  Seeing him in the small, white towel wrapping around his waist, shocked her.  She quickly turned around; “I’ll wait for you outside,” hurriedly going past the door.

 

Soo Min waited anxiously for Eun Hyuk to dress himself in the living room; her eyes scanned the other people in the house.  She remembered some of the faces.  There’s Lee Teuk, flipping through the channels of the television, the one that went through her before, Ye Sung, lying on the floor with his head on top of a new face’s lap.

 

“Hyung, quit going through all the channels.  Stick to one.  You are making me having headaches.”

 

“I still haven’t found the one I want to watch.  Let’s watch a DVD, KyuHyun ah.”

 

“Shiro.  You would always choose the same movie.  Give me the remote,” said the new face that she had just learned his name, KyuHyun.

 

Do all group artists like this?  They are somewhat similar with SS501 too.  Or do boys actually act like this?

 

She heard Eun Hyuk’s door opened and taking her eyes away from the people in the living room, she made her way inside.  Eun Hyuk was on his bed, sitting at the edge.

 

“Eun Hyuk-sshi, about what I asked…”

 

“Soo Min ah, I’m giving you this,” he said as he handed out to her a silver necklace with a small circle inside a triangle shaped pendant, “but use it carefully.”

 

Soo Min hesitated.  ‘Has he forgotten that I can’t hold onto objects long?  That was why I asked for his help.

 

“I’ve put a chant on this.  You can hold it.”

 

Hearing his explanation, she slowly took out her hand and grabbed hold of it.  It was true, she could hold the necklace.  She tried to put it around her neck when Eun Hyuk suddenly stood and stopped her.

 

“Don’t!  Hear this first.  This necklace, it helps you to materialize.  Become solid.  But with a prize.  10 minutes of it, it will claim 1 day of your life span.  And Soo Min ah, you don’t have much left.”

 

She stared at the necklace that was on her palm.  ‘I can become solid?  That means I can search for his diary?  Trying to find the truth?

 

“Just use it for the sake of releasing yourself from all the negative feelings.  Once you are, in a way of speaking, pure, will your body accept you.  I’ve confirmed this.  And I will help you enter your body again with the chants I found.”

 

Soo Min looked up to Eun Hyuk, “And, when I’m back in my body, will I…will I remember all this?  Will I still have the hate inside of me?”

 

Eun Hyuk took a big book beside him and opened it to a marked page, “You won’t be able to remember.  It stated here that the memory part is from the brain, and the brain is part of your physical body.  But, the hatred or whatever feelings that you have sorted out, would stay because that is on your inner self, your spirit.”

 

His words slowly registered within her, ‘That means, I will forget Jung Min as well?’

 

“Soo Min, you will forget everything.  Meeting me, your experience as a spirit, and yes, that would include Park Jung Min as well.  What you are feeling for him, would probably linger, but you won’t remember your times with him,” he added on, probably understanding what was going through her mind.

 

She forced him a smile, “At least I'll still be alive, right?  Eun Hyuk-sshi,’ she paused before continuing, ‘not even as a dream?”

 

“That, I am not sure.  Good luck, Yu Soo Min.  Once you made thru it, come to me, and I will help you for the last step.”

 

She nodded and sighed, “Then, I’ll take my leave.  Komawo, Eun Hyuk-sshi.”

 

Before she left, Eun Hyuk gave her his last warning, “Be careful with using the necklace.  Remember, 10 minutes is equivalent to 1 day.”