Chapter 2

Delectable Sickness

 

“So what do you do for a living? You seem well…I mean, you look rich.” Ga Eul asked.

 

“I’m a doctor.” Yi Jung said not taking his eyes off the road.

 

“Oh…really? What kind of doctor?”

 

“A surgeon to be exact.”

 

“Oh…that’s coo-“

 

Yi Jung managed to stop a few blocks away from Pulse, causing Ga Eul to curse him again for hitting the break. Yi Jung switched off the engine, removed his seatbelt and got out of the car.

 

“Ww-Where is that guy going? Ya!” She opened the door and got out of the car to only to be dragged by So Yi Jung inside a… Mall.

 

“Ya, where are you taking me to? It’s 9PM and the mall’s about to close!” Ga Eul tried to defend herself.

 

“Not…” Yi Jung looked at her. She was blushing! He smiled.

 

“Not…not if you’re with F4.” He squeezed her hand and they went in.

 

“F…F4?? You mean that w…pretty boy group thing?”

 

“Pfft…that was way before high school, although we don’t like to be called like that anymore, we’re still known as…F4.” Then they entered the department store and into the ladies’ section.

 

“What are we doing here Yi Jung-sshi…”

 

“Oh? What’s the problem Ga Eul? Don’t like calling me oppa anymore?” He smiled even wider and handed her a dress.

 

“What is this for?”

 

“Try it. If you’re going to a battle, you will be needing weapons. You can’t make him realize what he just lost with you looking like that.”

 

“Wae? What’s wrong with my clothes? I look totally fine for a 22 year old single chef!”

 

“So you’re voicing out loud that you’re single? Sorry Ga Eul-yang but that won’t work for me. Now do you like to see that ex-boyfriend of yours to drool over what he just ditched or would you rather be laughed at by him…and…me?”

 

She pouted.

 

“I swear in my entire 22 years of living, I’m never gonna buy a dress worth this much!” She protested.

 

“If you don’t shut that pretty little mouth of yours, I’m gonna kiss you.” He threatened.

 

“Well then kiss me as much as you can, come on, kiss my lips kiss my cheeks, kiss everything ‘cause I’m never gonna take this ever!” She folded her arms and took a deep breath.

 

“If you insist.” Yi Jung smiled…teasingly.

 

 

Yi Jung took a step forward, Ga Eul took a step back. He stepped again, she stepped back.

 

 

“Ya, what the devil are you planning?”

 

“I’m not going to a club with a plain chic; it’s a turn off for my image. Now…are you going to wear this or choose…”

 

“Choose what?”

 

“You want French or Swedish?”

 

“AiiiisshhhH! That sounds disgusting! Araso! But I’m not going to cook for you for a month if I do this! That would take my whole month’s supply!” She said snatching the dress from his hand and marching her way to the fitting room.

 

It took her a few minutes before she popped her head out for him to see.

 

“Can you hurry now? Jun Pyo’s nagging me where the hell I took you, Jan Di’s a bit scary isn’t she?” Yi Jung asked.

 

“Well, she’s a very good friend. Well?” She said looking very uneasy. She was wearing a y red dress.

 

“You need a job.” Yi Jung said.

 

“But I already have a job, in fact I run my own restaurant!” Ga Eul said.

 

“What I meant is a job. Obviously not in shape, let’s look for another dress..which is… not too revealing.” He pinched her chin.

 

“What do you mean by that?!” She retorted.

 

Ga Eul just followed Yi Jung wherever he drag her to, and was shocked…no, too shocked when he just smiled at the ladies and didn’t even bother to pay. She tried to fish out her wallet and search for hidden folded bills but she just heard him say…

 

 

“Just cook for me and consider this a gift…”

 

When they arrived at Pulse, Jan Di and Jun Pyo noticed the two’s sudden closeness. Jan Di blinked her eyes for a couple of times when she saw Yi Jung opening the door for Ga Eul.

 

“Ga Eul-yang, I’ll just go to the restroom…”

“Sure oppa…I’ll just meet you inside.”

 

Then Jan Di dropped when she heard the two.

 

“Ya, Chu Ga Eul, what was that all about? Ga Eul-yang? Oppa? What are you two like? Instant lovers?” Jan Di interrogated her while dragging her away from Jun Pyo. When they entered the club the lights and blasting music welcomed them.

 

“Ya! Jan Di-ah! Over here!” Woo Bin called.

 

They were all seated on a VIP section. Ga Eul scanned the place, looking for the familiar face of the guy who broke her heart.

 

 

“You won’t see him if you just sit there.” Yi Jung commented.

 

Ga Eul didn’t pay attention to him. She continued searching the whole scenery but she couldn’t…ah!

 

 

In plain sight, there he was, with a girl in his arms, making out at the bar.

 

 

Yi Jung looked at the direction where she was looking and was surprised when he looked back at her..

 

She just drank the whole glass of vodka. Make that two glass… yes, glass, not shots. She used the water glass. What kind of chef is she? Can’t she differentiate a measuring cup and a beaker?

 

“Ya…that’s enough.” Yi Jung took the bottle and glass from her causing Jan Di to act strange again.

 

“Ya Ga Eul-ah, what’s wrong?” Jan Di tagged her best friend. Ga Eul looked at her and pointed her finger to the direction where the culprit stands.

 

“Omo, I knew that cheater’s here!” Jan Di said emptying her glass.

 

Ga Eul stood up, wobbly, she dragged Yi Jung. (wait, SHE dragged him? Yes…it was SHE who dragged him)

 

 

“Ya, I usually do the dragging and don’t act like you’re so desperate in front of him.” Yi Jung said.

 

Ga Eul stopped walking, okay, she was tipsy.

 

“I will cook you everything you want 24/7, housekeeping service and whatever. Just help me with this one. Jebal.” She pouted while unknowingly pulling him closer.

 

 

“You mean that?” He pulled her by the waist.

 

She nodded.

 

“Good, I like it.”

 

“So? What do we do now?” She asked, cheeks flushing.

 

Yi Jung looked at the guy behind Ga Eul. He held Ga Eul closer, slightly dragging her forward, just to be a few steps away from him.

 

“Ya, So Yi Jung, I asked you to be my boyfriend for tonight, now what?” She was really drunk.

 

“Kiss me.” He grinned.

 

“Wwhat do you mea-“

 

“Now.” And he kissed her, being the stubborn girl she was, of course she was hesitant at first… but fire was taking control. She felt like melting as she played with his tongue, returning every kiss.

 

Yi Jung broke from the kiss and realized that this guy can’t even recognize Ga Eul even if she was just a few steps away. Gaah, does he even know where she lives? It seems like Ga Eul picked the wrong guy… really the wrong guy.

 

“Why did you stop kissing me? Kiss me more.” Ga Eul said, Yi Jung raised an eyebrow and smirked. She was drunk. Her cheeks flushing and her playful tongue wetting her lips.

 

 

“Later dear…i just have to deal with this first.” He said and pushed Ga Eul….to her ex.

 

“Ahh, ya, look at what you did to my shirt miss!”

 

Ga Eul stood up, fixed herself. She was wet. Took a deep breath and…..SLAP!

 

“Look at what you did to my heart…you…you heartbreaker!” Ga Eul blurted, she stared at the girl next to him.

 

“Ga Eul? Why are you here? Ahhh, can’t get enough of me huh? You’re really stupid aren’t you? I tried my very best to make you notice I’m cheating on you. And here you are, a martyr for love. Pfft, you think I believe your “soulmate thing”?? I just needed some place to eat…and there you are, acting slave for love. You really thought I love you? Gaah, who would ever love a girl like you? You look like a-“

 

“Enough.” She said, she was about to cry but she controlled herself. She can still handle it, just a few more minutes and this will be through. She’ll go the ladies’ room and cry out loud, yes… she promised herself not to cry in front of a guy.

 

“Wow, never thought you have that fighting spirit Ga Eul.”

 

“Ya, Sun Pyo, don’t be so full of yourself. I just needed to stress that out… hear me ladies? He’ll just use you. That freaking bastard is a womanizer, a cheater and a heartbreaker.”

 

Yi Jung just let Ga Eul do her thing, before he enters the scene and save his girlfriend….for tonight.

 

“Come on Ga Eul, we all know you can’t get over me. You even got yourself drunk…”

 

“That’s what you think Go Sun Pyo. Actually, I’m here with my boyfriend.”


“Oh…so you found someone who’ll pretend to be your new boyfriend? And who might that jerk be?” He said smirking. The girls beside him were also looking at Ga Eul.

 

“Oppa?” Ga Eul turned around but he wasn’t there.

 

“Ohhh, looks like your boyfriend backed out on you huh? I guess you’re really unlucky at love.” Sun Pyo said.

 

 

“Actually…she’s really lucky to have four boyfriends at the same time.”

 

Ga Eul looked behind her and saw the girls crowding. Even the girls beside Sun Pyo can’t believe their eyes.

 

 

“Actually you broke the wrong girl’s heart…” Woo Bin said.

 

“Bad timing young man…” Ji Hoo added.

 

“You really want to die don’t you?” Jun Pyo said.

 

“I’ll make you regret you broke her heart.” Yi Jung ended.

 

 

“And who are you? Her knights in shining armors? Don’t make me laugh.” Sun Pyo said and the girls beside him distanced themselves.

 

 

“Yi..Ju…what…are…you…” Ga Eul said but she was pulled by Yi Jung.

 

 

“If she’s really your girl…prove it. The hell I even care…” Sun Pyo scoffed.

 

 

The girls were like going crazy over them. Others even went on a catfight when Ji Hoo and Woo Bin placed their glasses on a table.

 

“Yi Jung-ah…” Ga Eul whispered.

“I told you I’d kiss you again after I deal with this…” and he did kiss her again.

 

Okay…everybody looked at them including Jan Di who was ready with her stiletto. She could throw it at Yi Jung anytime. A minute has passed and they are still kissing… Sun Pyo was getting a bit bored and pissed off at the same time so he poured himself a drink.

 

YJ’S POV: I’m supposed to be the one kissing her…but why is she doing all the move? But hey, she’s sure hot. Her tongue’s sweet and…stop it. You have a girlfriend Yi Jung. You have…

 

 

Yi Jung broke from the kiss.

 

 

“Is that enough? Or should we make out in front of you?” Yi Jung asked and dragged Ga Eul away from the scene.

 

“Consider yourself lucky…punk.” Jun Pyo said.

 

Jun Pyo insisted taking Jan Di home. Jan Di blushed and instantly forgot about what happened to Ga Eul and Yi Jung. Ji Hoo and Woo Bin went their separate ways too. Leaving Yi Jung and the drunk Ga Eul alone….again.

 

 

“Don’t you dare sleep on me.” Yi Jung said assisting her to her car.

“Go home…I can drive. Thanks for tonight. Just drop by at my café tomorrow.” Ga Eul murmured.

“What do you mean you can drive? You’re drunk.” Yi Jung said as he opened the car door for her.

“Honestly, I can drive. I’ll drop you where you left your car.” Ga Eul stood up properly.

“My car’s at home by now. You can drive me home.” Yi Jung said and Ga Eul nodded.

 

 

Ga Eul went to the driver’s side. She hit her head when she entered her car.

 

 

“You sure you can drive?” Yi Jung asked.

“Dr. So, don’t worry, I promise we’ll arrive safely.” She winked at him and started the engine.

 

While on their way, Yi Jung can’t help but stare at Ga Eul. Surely she’s a woman with responsibility, she knows how to bring herself and control herself. When they arrived…

 

“Dr. So!” Ga Eul called out.

 

Yi Jung looked back at her, she got out of the car. He got a slight view of her hidden slender legs when she stepped out of the car.

 

“What is it?”

“I was wondering…you did not only save me from that stupid ex-boyfriend of mine, you also helped me not to look like a fool in front him.”

“So?”

“I would like to give you an additional…thank you gift.” Ga Eul said.

“And that would be?”

 

Ga Eul looked at him, he stared at her too. Trying to figure out what she’s planning. If she’s thinking of kissing him again, think again! He could bring her inside his house.

 

“Tada!” Ga Eul said and gave him what seemed to look like a gift certificate.

“And this is?”  

“A gift certificate, every Wednesdays we have a special menu and I’m giving you this hoping you could drop by at my café. Aside from the dinners and nonsense meal I’ll cook for you.” Ga Eul said.

“Okaaay…I’ll pretend you didn’t do something embarrassing in front of me tonight. Goodnight then Chef Chu.” He said smiling.

 

Yi Jung opened the gate and went in. He waited for the car engine to start but surprised he didn’t hear any. He peeked through the tiny expanses of his steel gate and saw Ga Eul’s head on the steering wheel.

 

“Omo..don’t tell me she fell asleep?” He said and went out again.

 

“Ya…wake up.” He knocked.

 

Ga Eul opened her window and Yi Jung was shock to see a crying Ga Eul. She quickly wiped her tears away and flashed a faint smile while opening a can of beer at the same time.

 

 

“Hey…don’t be so sad about it.”

“Your part of the deal is off now Dr. So, you can stop pretending now…”

“I’m not pretending…really, you should stop thinking about it. You drank too much already…”

“I understand doctor, but just let me be…just for tonight.” She sniffed.

“No matter how you try to act strong in front of me, I know you’re hurting.” He sat on the ground.

 

Ga Eul sat beside him and took the cooler from her car. She really planned to get drunk in the first place.

 

“I promise myself I won’t cry in front of a guy…whether he’s the reason why I’m crying or not.” Ga Eul said.

 

“So…you haven’t cried in front of a guy before?”

 

“You’re the first one to see me crying.” Ga Eul said.

 

“Unlucky me.” Yi Jung joked and opened a can too.

 

“Have you ever been in love?”

 

“Of course, I have a girlfriend.”

 

“Then…why..did…but you…just…”

 

“She won’t mind.”

 

“How could that be?”

 

“Even if she’d be angry as hell with what I did, there’s nothing she can do about it…”

 

“Why? How ca-hiccup!” Ga Eul asked. Yi Jung cackled at her reaction. She has hiccups!

 

“Really, why is-hiccup! What do you mean by that-hiccup!”

 

“She’s in heaven by now.” He stopped himself from laughing and drank the last of his canned beer