Chapter 8

Delectable Sickness

“You really like kissing me don’t you?” Yi Jung teased.

 

“No…it’s not like that. Fine…whatever, if you don’t want to.” She said and decided to walk away but before doing so, Yi Jung caught her in an embrace and nibbled her ear.

 

“You like me don’t you?” He asked.

 

“What? No..pfft, don’t think of anything stupid Dr. So. You are NOT my type.” Ga Eul defended. He then let go of her.

 

“Okay…as long as there’s no feelings involved, no harm done…right? What are we? Friends with benefits? You are the first girl to ever turn me down Ga Eul. I’ll certainly remember that.” He chuckled.

 

“You are not that handsome, I tell you.” She smiled.

 

 

It’s getting late and they decided to end the game and go home. Jun Pyo offered Jan Di a ride home, which of course Jan Di obliged and refused Ga Eul’s offer instead. Ji Hoo left first with his motorcycle. Woo Bin and Jae Kyung left too, with Woo Bin still wearing the red y dress. Ga Eul was helping Yi Jung look for his sock.

 

 

“I’m sure I placed it here a while ago.” He said searching the whole place.

 

“Why? Can’t go home without a sock?” Ga Eul chuckled.

 

 

“Very funny Ga Eul, found it. Let’s go.” He said.

 

 

 

When they reached the gate, Ga Eul then remembered that her car won’t start (and yet she offered Jan Di a ride).

 

 

 

“Oh crap.” She hissed.

 

 

“See you Chef Chu.” Yi Jung bid and walked back to the mansion to get his car. Ga Eul was freezing already since she was drenched.

 

 

“Hey…I…” Ga Eul tried to call but the words died in before she could say it. Yi Jung disappeared from the view and now she’s alone. She opened the hood of her car to check it…again. She tried for how many times but it didn’t really work. Her phone was dead too. She sat at the ground until Dr. So’s orange sports car light its way in the dark street.

 

 

 

Ga Eul looked at the approaching car, he didn’t even dared to offer me a ride, she thought. But his car then stopped right in front of her.

 

 

 

“You really think I’d leave you like that?” He said smiling through the open window of his car.

 

 

“I thought so.” She said and was about to cry.

 

 

“I got your clothes and your violin. Hop on.” He said.

 

 

 

Ga Eul smiled and peeked through the window.

 

 

 

“But I’m wet…I…”

 

 

“So am I. No questions please…just get in.” He said.

 

 

 

 

When Ga Eul got in, she played with her fingers again…playfully clasping the hemline of her sleeves. Since she’s not wearing anything to cover “it”, Dr. So could clearly see through her fare skin because of her wet clothes.

 

 

 

“You want to get home safe right?” He asked and started the engine.

 

“Of course. Why?”

 

 

“Stop doing that!” He said and buckled the seatbelt for her.

 

 

 

“But I really can’t stop it, especially when I’m nervous and in deep thinking.” She said. Before Yi Jung could start driving, he held her hand and placed it on his lap. (Don’t work on your dirty thoughts, it’s not something like that. ^^)

 

 

“Hey, why are you-“

 

 

“You said you can’t stop doing it right? So I’ll just have to hold on to it so I won’t be distracted from driving.” He said.

 

 

“Muo? Ehhh…why…ah! Dr. So! You and your erted thoughts. You wouldn’t think of anything stupid right? She said slightly punching his arm.

 

 

“Ow, no, I just find it distracting. Besides, I know you’re cold.” He winked.

 

 

 

When they arrived at Ga Eul’s house, Yi Jung helped her and carried her violin for her. At the doorstep…

 

 

 

“You really didn’t play…this….but at least you played the piano.” He said and handed the violin to her.

 

 

“I told you I just brought it with me.”

 

 

“Right…well then, see you tomorrow Chef Chu.” He bid.

 

 

“Tomorrow? Why? Are we seeing each other tomorrow? It’s Sunday.”

 

 

“Perhaps you’ve forgotten about your promise. How about my breakfast? Lunch? Di-“

 

 

“Oh yeah, sure, call me anytime. Good night Dr. So.” She said and pushed him away.

 

 

“Okay…okay…sweet dreams Chef Chu.” He said and went back to his car.

 

 

 

Ga Eul waited for him to start his car… Yi Jung revved up the engine, and that was Ga Eul’s signal, she was about to go inside her house when Dr So beeped at her…

 

 

 

“Ya! Chef Chu! You sure you don’t like me?” He asked.

 

 

 

“In your dreams you dreamy ambitious doctor! Night!” Ga Eul grinned and went inside.

 

 

“Yeah…in my dreams.” He whispered to himself and headed off.

 

 

 

Next Morning…

 

 

minna minna minna kanaete kureru fushigina POKKE de kanaete kureru sora wo jiyuu ni tobitai na

 

 

 

There goes her alarm clock again. She turned it off and tossed to the other side of the bed. She searched her bed lazily to find her phone.

 

 

 

1 NEW MESSAGE: DR. SO

 

 

 

Check out your new baby. I even replaced the alternator, your debts are escalating Chef Chu, make sure you make me good breakfast when I arrive there. See you at 9. –YJ

 

 

 

“What is he talking about? Alternator? Oh my God..” she said and looked at her window. There’s her car…

 

 

 

She then replied to his message.

 

 

 

You won’t regret it. Thanks a lot. =)

 

 

 

After she sent it, she checked the time 8:27am. Omo, I only have 30 minutes… she thought.

 

 

 

She quickly went to her precious well taken care-of kitchen. It wasn’t long when she heard the screeching car on the driveway.

 

 

 

“Oh my…he’s here.” She said and washed her hands.

 

 

 

KNOCK. KNOCK.  KNOCK.

 

 

 

She was surprised when she saw a bunch of flowers covering the face of her “male-version-of-jan-di-bestfriend”.

 

 

 

“Dr. So…what’s this? Are these for me?” She said and tried to take the flowers from Yi Jung.

 

 

“I’m sorry Chef Chu but I’ll have to buy you flowers next time. This is for my date.” He said smiling. He placed the flowers on the table in the living room.

 

 

“Oh…really? Who’s the unlucky girl?” She folded her arms and went back to the kitchen.

 

 

“I met her a few days ago. And…I think I like her.” He said and followed her in the kitchen.

 

 

“Is that so? Good for you.” She said sternly and continued to cook.

 

 

“Hey…you’re not yet done cooking? I have to meet her at 10.” He said and sat on one of the tall chairs in her mini bar.

 

 

“Here. Challah French Toast with berry and maple syrup. I have to go to the resto today. Splurge!” She said and went upstairs.

 

 

“What’s wrong with her?” He said and started eating.

 

 

 

Ga Eul in her room…

 

 

“Date? You just met her a few days ago and you already asked her for a date? Pffftt.” She said and took a bath.

 

 

 

After she finished taking a bath, she screamed her lungs out when she saw Dr. So Yi Jung looking closely at her prepared clothes in her bed…including her black undies and black bra.

 

 

 

 

“You insolent little freak! You really want to die?! Get out of here!” She said.

 

 

“Okay…okay, I was just checking on something.” He laughed.

 

 

“What are you laughing at?!”

 

 

“Nothing, so you’re B cup on a 34 huh? Same size as 36…really, you should wear 36 cup A, it’s ier.” He said laughing and closed the door.

 

 

“I hate you!” She shouted.

 

 

“Oh…don’t hate me ‘cause I love you Chef Chu. I really love you! Haha! Hurry up!” He called back.

 

 

 

When Ga Eul finished dolling up, she caught Dr. So fixing his hair in front of the mirror.

 

 

 

“Pfft. This…trying hard to be…ah…” She said to herself.

 

 

“I told you…you need a job.” He again.

 

 

“What are you a surgeon?” She retorted.

 

 

“I got my license two years ago.” He said smiling.

 

 

“Hurry up and step out of my house.” She was getting impatient.

 

 

“Awww, my girl…friend is mad at me.” He kidded.

 

 

“It doesn’t mean that if you’re my best friend, you can totally invade my room! And peek at my underwear! Get out!” She said and prepared her car keys.

 

 

“Yah, there’s no need to be so mean. Look, I came here because I want you to come with me.”

 

 

“Where? In hell? Have fun! I’m gonna miss you!” She mocked and locked the door.

 

 

“Why are you acting like a…jealous girlfriend?” he asked.

 

 

“Why are you acting like a…stupid boyfriend?” she asked in return.

 

 

“Aha! I knew it…you’re jealous!”

 

 

“No I’m not.” She defended.

 

 

“Just come with me. You’ll see.” He said, held her hand and dragged her all the way to his car.

 

 

“Where are we going?”

 

 

“I told you, I have a date…at 10.” He said.