Chapter 29

Delectable Sickness

Yi Jung stopped by at Ga Eul’s house to check if she’s safe at home already and saw her car in the driveway. She was, so he decided to go home. Before doing so, he stopped by at convenient store and bought a case of beer and a bottle of vodka. What’s he planning?

 

When he got home, he poured all the beer into one big container and arranged the bottles on the floor beside his bed. He then placed the container in the fridge. He closed the curtains and turned off the lights.

 

What could he be doing?

 

The next day, Ga Eul woke up early to throw her garbage. She was about to step out of the door when a small package was in her doorstep. Curious, she picked it up. She placed the two garbage bags in the large bin on the streetside for the garbage collectors to pick it up. She went back in and went straight to her bedroom. She was unsure if she should open it but seeing the bold letters GA EUL in it, she opened the package.

 

It was a CD and a beer bottle wrapped in a small box.

 

Curious again, she went down to her living room so she could watch or listen to it HD. Whatever it was.

 

 

It was dark…at first. It took about 5 seconds when the lamplight was by Yi Jung….wait, by Yi Jung?? What’s he planning?. She increased the volume.

 

 

He was seated there on the floor, leaning on his bed with his messy hair and tangled tie. With a shot glass on his left hand, he was drunk. Ga Eul couldn’t tell what he was trying to propose on the vid so she watched patiently. Ga Eul opened the bottle and started drinking.

 

 

She was surprised when she saw the drained bottles beside him, she counted them all and sighed.

 

 

“Omo, Yi Jung, what have you done…” she gasped. Just then, he spoke.

 

 

“You’re probably asking what I have done.” He smirked.

 

“Pabo, you knew me very well.” She said teary eyed.

 

“Now I don’t want that beautiful eyes of yours glistening with tears a’ryt? I’m perfectly fine. Just like you said, I’m just stressed from work, and I needed to ease the tension. So don’t give me that pout.” He said like he was really talking to her. (Yes, he’s talking to her but like he’s talking to her personally….you know what I mean. T_T)

 

“Fine…I won’t pout. But why are you so drunk?” Ga Eul said as if Yi Jung would really answer her.

 

“Well, I never really had the intention of getting drunk in the first place. But…remember when we first met? You were nice when you’re drunk. So I guess the beer will come in handy. Cheers! My love. I think you’re already halfway through it, or you’ve finished it already. Whatever, and I’m guessing you’re laughing now, it’s the alcohol’s effect. (He smiled). I just love that alcohol’s effect on you.”

 

Ga Eul smiled and emptied the bottle.

 

“You may be asking what’s the meaning of this… well, I thought I could say to you and explain to you clearly everything without you cutting my explanation. Judging on your personality, you wouldn’t allow me to finish my explanation and get on your own. So please spare this… 10 minutes listening to me.”

 

“Fine.” She said shortly.

 

“Thank you, may I start?” Yi Jung asked. Ga Eul dropped when he said that. He really knew what she was going to say and  will react. She smiled at that.

 

”When I saw that lipstick mark on your face, I knew there was something already inside of me. I wasn’t so sure. Then you surprised me with your proposed deal of asking me to be your boyfriend. That wasn’t new for me, a lot have said that actually. (Ga Eul rolled her eyes). But you’re just simply different from them. You know why? Because you stole my heart without trying too much like they did. You just did by being yourself. Let me make this simple…You stole my heart unknowingly? I didn’t know it at first too. I guess I kind of knew it but ignored it… and I’m sorry for that. It’s just that, I don’t want to date my friends, or anyone acquainted to my friends. And since Jan Di happened to be Jun Pyo’s girlfriend, I didn’t date you. I guess, what I’m trying to say is, I don’t want to hurt you. But every day we’ve spent together feels like heaven for me. I never felt that comfortable with anyone else the way I’ve felt with you.”

 

Yi Jung stopped talking and poured some vodka into his glass. His eyes were weak and it looked like he just stopped from crying.

 

”Ga Eul…I’m sorry if you felt like I just used you to get over Eun Jae. I guessed it kind of felt like I did, but no. All those hugs and kisses we’ve shared together felt real for me. At least for me it was.”

 

“Pabo, it felt real on my part too!” She said.

“But I just wanted you to know, every time…we kiss, I’d wish that time would stop with you in my arms. ‘Cause that’s the only time I could stop pretending and felt like you were really mine. But I can’t read your thoughts, I don’t know how you feel about me. You said I’m not your type, and I kind of believe that I really am not. I don’t see a single sign of you liking me. I guess my fault was… I was a bit selfish and yes, a bit numb too. I kept on waiting for you to confess first before I could finally do so, but that would be wrong right? I kept on waiting, finding the right person, when I’ve been blind that it’s you all along. ‘Cause love is not about finding the right person, it’s creating the right relationship. And the relationship I have with you is enough for me to say that you really are the one I’m looking for. The relationship we have now…is friendship but you made me feel like you’re the only one I needed in this world. You’ve been a friend, a lover, a soulmate, you’ve been everything I ever wanted and needed. Is it too much? I hope it’s not, because you don’t know how happy I am that I’ve already said the words coming from my heart. It’s a bit refreshing, like a stone was taken out of my chest. Please believe me Ga Eul, please do. And… I still have so much to say to you. But I’m saving it for last. I really want to talk to you, please forgive me… please. If you forgive me, I’ll wait at Namsan Tower…today at 2. Please wear anything with white in it. Okay? Till here then my friend.” Yi Jung said and took the remote control.

 

Ga Eul raised her brow when she heard the last sentence. My friend? My friend? Is that it?

 

“I was just joking jagiya, please take care when you go there okay? I love you…for real.”  He winked and turned off the video. But before Ga Eul could stop the video, her phone rang.

 

“Yoboseyo?”

 

“Ya, Ga Eul-ah, let’s go out today! Jae Kyung planned something special for the three of us.”

 

“Oh…you don’t really have too guys. I’m not really mad at you, I was just not feeling well that’s all.” Ga Eul said.

 

“We really felt bad so we want to make it up to you.” Jan Di said.

 

“Ani…it’s okay. Besides, I have something to do today, so I’ll see you soon. Bye.”

 

“But-“ and Ga Eul ended the call.

 

 

She turned the TV and the player off and headed to her room. Yi Jung said to wear white… what’s he planning? I can’t trust him yet, I’ll just bring with me a dress in case I really need to wear a dress. But he didn’t say I have to wear a dress, he just said white.  Gosh, I’m so sorry Yi Jung for making you feel so bad. It’s your fault anyway! No, Ga Eul stop your touchy temper.

 

 

Ga Eul waited patiently for the time. She had her hair crimped and had it down. With a simple make up, she just had a simple bracelet as her accessory. When she saw the clock reading 1:45 PM, she was ready to go. But before she could stand up to where she was sitting, her phone rang again. It was Yi Jung.

 

 

“Yoboseyo?”

 

“Hey…you ready?”

 

“Yes…I’m on my way. Yi Jung…I…”

 

 

 

 

“SShh… just save it for later. Okay? I’ll see you.”

 

“Okay…Yi Jung?”

 

“Yes?”

 

“I…take care.” Ga Eul stuttered.

 

“You too my dear.” He said and hang up.

 

 

Ga Eul smiled to herself, took her car keys and left.

 

Yi Jung didn’t know if his plan would work, but he was hoping it would. He wasn’t really that drunk, just a bit. He didn’t drink all those beers, it’s just for show. He just drank the vodka. And it sure was hell, he had a headache. He was driving his way to Namsan Tower when two teenage boys were waving their hands to stop by.

 

“May I help you?” Yi Jung said through the open window of his car.

 

“Sir, can we have a ride? We lost our money and we can’t take the bus.” The boy said.

 

“Here, go home safely.” Yi Jung handed a bill.

 

“Thanks!” The other boy said but quickly took a knife and stabbed his arm after giving the bill. They quickly scanned his coat and took his wallet and ran.

 

 

 

“Those boys…” Yi Jung uttered. He was bleeding. He searched for his phone. He looked at his watch, it was almost 2:30. If he called for help, he would be brought to the hospital, which would make Ga Eul anxious. He can’t let this moment pass by. It could be his last chance. Yi Jung, you’re a doctor, and this is certainly the wrong thing to do but…He forcefully drove a few meters away before finally arriving at Namsan Tower. He searched everywhere.

 

 

 

There she was. She sighed when she saw his car, I thought he’d never come. Her eyes widen when she saw him struggling to get out of the car.

 

 

“What happened to you??? Yi Jung!”

“Ga Eul…I-“ and he fainted. He was bleeding…a lot.

 

“Yi Jung…oh my God, don’t you faint on me. Don’t you….Oh Yi Jung.” She asked for help and good thing there were people who helped her get him inside his car. She locked her car properly and drove his to the hospital.

 

Yi Jung was taken to emergency room for prompt medical care. Ga Eul was left in the lobby. She called Jan Di first then Jun Pyo and Ji Hoo. She was about to call Woo Bin but Jae Kyung sent a message using Woo Bin’s phone.

 

We’re on our way sweetie, calm down. He’ll be fine.

 

Ji Hoo came in and hugged Ga Eul.

 

“He’ll be fine Ga Eul, don’t you worry.”

 

“I trust you Ji Hoo.” Ga Eul said. Ji Hoo went inside the emergency room. Yi Jung had severe blood loss.

 

 

 

The nurse attendant came out of the room and asked Ga Eul.

 

 

 

“Excuse me ma’am, how are you related to Dr. So?”

 

“I’m his wife.” She said and flashed her hand but forgot she returned the ring back to Yi Jung.

 

“Ehhh…” the nurse doubted.

 

“Really, I’m his wife. You could ask him yourself.” Ga Eul said with little confidence.

 

 

The nurse bowed and went back in. Just then, Jun Pyo and Jan Di were the first to arrive.

 

 

“What happened?” Jun Pyo asked when Jan Di hugged Ga Eul.

 

“He was bleeding in his arm. I don’t know where he got that, we’re supposed to meet at Namsan at 2, he came in late and when he arrived he was bleeding and he fainted on me. He was…”

 

“Ga Eul…breathe. Okay? He’s going to be fine. You need not be worried, Yi Jung’s a doctor, remember? Surely he knows how to handle himself. Let’s just pray everything will go smoothly.” Jan Di said. Ga Eul nodded.

 

 

They waited for 3-4 hours before Yi Jung could be transferred to a private room. He was in a stabilized condition now. It wasn’t that major really.

 

 

 

He was asleep, Jan Di went home to get Ga Eul some clothes. She wasn’t going anywhere. She needs to be there…beside him. She was holding his hand. Jae Kyung and Woo Bin were talking to Ji Hoo outside the door. She was just there, making him feel like it’s going to be okay, I’m here now.

 

 

 

“ Ga..Eul…” He whispered.

 

 

“Yi Jung? You have to rest, it’s okay. I’m not going anywhere.”

 

 

“I’m sorry…” He said and squeezed her hand slightly that caused him to say “Ow!”

 

 

“I told you…It’s okay. You’re forgiven. Let’s talk when you’re okay araso?” And Yi Jung gave a quick nod, still with eyes closed.

 

 

 

Ga Eul smiled.

 

“Ga Eul?”

 

 

“Yi Jung…you’re really stubborn aren’t you? I said we could talk when you’re-“

 

 

“Can you kiss me? I really missed your kisses…” He cut her, smiling a bit.