Chapter 6

Delectable Sickness

Author's Notes:

whew...again, this actually is still half of the "fun night" they're having. i'm taking it really nice...and slooooowwww... lol., so sorry...sorry.

“ Tell me… are you still a ?” he smirked and continued walking.

 

“What did you say?!”

 

“I said…are you still a ?” He said smiling. He’s really enjoying this.

 

 

 

Ga Eul stopped walking, clenched her fists, and gritted her teeth and…

 

 

 

“Ya!” she called him

 

 

 

Yi Jung looked back at her and bang! A 3-inched heel just flew out of nowhere hitting his forehead.

 

 

 

“Oh my God, I’m so…not sorry!” She said, picked her shoe and put it back on.

 

“What the hell is that for!” He cried.

 

“Wae?! What the hell is that question for?!”

 

“I was just asking you! Damn, it hurts!” Yi Jung said.

 

“Oh yeah? Want more?!” Ga Eul said showing him a fist.

 

“Aisshh, this…girl.” He said holding his head up.

 

 

 

 

Ga Eul was a few meters away from him already when she remembered something…

 

 

 

 

“Geez, great, I’m so having a bad day.” She said and went back, walked past Yi Jung who was hardly walking straight.

 

 

“Hey, where do you think you’re going?!” Yi Jung called.

 

 

“I forgot something. Just go on.” She called back.

 

 

 

 

Ga Eul opened the backseat of her car and pulled out her priceless violin. She was having doubts before leaving the house, but this baby of hers caught her attention. It’s been a long time since she played…and she never had plans to, until now.

 

 

 

Yi Jung looked back at her and saw her carrying the case.

 

 

 

“Ga Eul…you…” Yi Jung said.

 

“Don’t start it. I don’t have plans to play tonight. I just thought of bringing it with me.” She said walking faster.

 

 

 

Yi Jung then thought of a good idea.

 

 

 

 

“Ouch. Ouch.” He cried.

 

“That won’t work.” She said coldly. T_T

 

“What a cold-blooded mama.” He uttered.

 

 

 

They’re already near since Ga Eul could clearly see the enormous gate of Gu Jun Pyo’s house.

 

 

 

“Finally, my heels are…” PLOK.

 

 

 

Damn. Damn. Damn. Damn. What is wrong with her today? She’s so doomed.

 

 

“Well, well, what do you know, even your heels gave up on you.” Yi Jung said picking up the dismantled piece of her shoe.

 

“Could you please shut your mouth? I am having a really very bad day and I was hoping, as a friend, could you help me by shutting that annoying mouth of yours?!”

 

“You said it was hot when we kissed.” He said coolly. 

 

“Dr. So!”

 

“Okay…okay, geesh. Such a bad temper.” He said and kneeled in front of her giving her a piggy back ride.

 

“What do you think you’re doing?”

 

“Giving you a lift.”

 

“I wouldn’t consider that a lift.” She said folding her arms.

 

“Well how about this? Do you consider this a lift?” He said and carried her bridal style.

 

“What are you doing? You…ert! Put me down So Yi Jung!” She protested.

 

“I guess a sleeping pill won’t calm you down the way Jan Di did, so I’m suggesting a bottle or two of soju perhaps?” He laughed.

 

“I swear, for a million times Dr. So, I’m gonna kill you the moment you put me down.” She said.

 

“Well then, that leaves me no choice, I won’t put you down.” Yi Jung said as they entered the gate.

 

 

 

 

Jan Di opened the door and stared at them.

 

 

 

“Ga Eul? Gwenchana?”

 

“Yes, I’m fine. I’d like a glass of whatever you’re drinking Jan Di.” She said eyes fixed on Yi Jung.

 

“Don’t give me that look, I’m not gonna get myself killed, you leave me no choice, I can’t put you down.” He said smiling.

 

 

 

“Yo bro, what happened to your? Is that…a bump on your head?”  Woo Bin pointed out.

 

“Your friend here, Jan Di, hit me with her 3-inched heel after I asked her a question.” He said and threw Ga Eul on the couch. Ji Hoo, Jun Pyo, Woo Bin, Jae Kyung and Jan Di looked at Ga Eul.

 

“Watch it you…insolent doctor! I’m gonna shred you into pieces!” Ga Eul accused.

 

“Go ahead! Wae? And why did you get mad in the first place? You could answer it with Yes if you’re pretty much confident with it. You act like you’re offended.” He said taking a seat next to Jae Kyung.

 

“Do you want to have a rocky road on your face? I would be kind enough to give you another one!” She said.

 

 

“Ga Eul…you brought your violin with you.” Jan Di said.

 

“Well, I wasn’t planning to but…I don’t know. Where’s the bathroom?” She asked Jun Pyo.

 

“I’ll go with you Ga Eul.” Jan Di said.

 

“Wait for me!” Jae Kyung followed them.

 

 

 

Yi Jung smiled when the ladies left the living room.

 

 

“So? What happened back there?” Woo Bin asked.

 

“I think they had a nice walk. Right Yi Jung?” Ji Hoo seconded.

 

“But she looks…mad.” Jun Pyo said.

 

“She’s always mad. She’s just nice to me whenever she’s drunk.” Yi Jung said calmly.

 

“I see…did you invite Eun Jae? I heard she’s in-“

 

“This is our fun night, and we’re supposed to have some fun. You think this night will be fun if she’s here?!” He said loudly.

 

“Hey, take it easy man. Did you two break up?” Jun Pyo asked.

 

“When will you ever learn Jun Pyo?” Yi Jung said and emptied his glass.

 

“Eun Jae showed up in his office with a wedding ring and a four year old son. I saw her on my way to the OR, she was timid talking things with me so I told her to wait for you in your office. ” Ji Hoo said.

 

“So she’s been cheating on you all this time? How did she get pregnant? Is it yours?” Jun Pyo asked again.

 

“Hell no.” Yi Jung immediately answered.

 

“Then…whose son is it?” Woo Bin.

 

“His original boyfriend proposed, and she said she’s not quite ready yet ‘cause they’re still young. She tried to forget things, and that’s where it happened.”

 

“So, when we were on the club, when you first met her, she already had a boyfriend that time?”

 

“Yes, and stupid me, I played fire with her!” He jeered.

 

“But…it looked like she really loved you. You’ve been together for a year.” Woo Bin said.

 

“I don’t know if she really did. She just disappeared without telling me anything.”

 

“Okay…let me get this straight. 1..2..3…okay, 4 years ago, so you were 19 when you met Eun Jae right? I’m really confused.” Jun Pyo said and Ji Hoo silenced him.

 

“You…late bloomer, no he was 18 when he met Eun Jae, they’ve been together for a year, when Yi Jung turned 19, Eun Jae left him without any further explanations and came back four years after with a son!”

 

“But how? And where did she get her son?”

 

“Aiissshh…pabo. She went back to her boyfriend and left Yi Jung! They got married and had a child! And the child is 4 years old now! You’re hopeless Jun Pyo. Hopeless.” Ji Hoo said, it was the first time he raised his tone like that.

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile, the girls are having chitchat while fixing themselves in the restroom.

 

 

“What happened Ga Eul?”

 

“Seriously, he asked if I’m still a ? Do I look like I’m some desperate-“

 

“Hey, what happened to your shoes?” Jae Kyung asked.

 

“Yeah right, I’m so doomed.” Ga Eul said burying her face in her hands.

 

“I’ve got some extra clothes and stuffs on the car, I’ll be here for a photo shoot, so I’m staying for a few days. You can borrow mine for the mean time.” She said and sprinted out to get stuffs.

 

“She’s really nice.” Jan Di said. And Ga Eul nodded.

 

 

 

She washed her face and tied her hair into a bun. Jae Kyung arrived with a black dress and a pair of boots.

 

 

 

“Oh my god… no, I am not wearing that.”

 

“Sorry, but I can’t let you wear the other since my mom gave it to me and I treasure it most so, this is the only thing I got.”

 

“Come on Ga Eul, it’s just for tonight. Or would you rather wear those uneven shoes of yours?” Jan Di said chuckling.

 

“This really is a bad day.” She said and took the dress.

 

 

 

After Ga Eul had changed, she joined the others in the dining room. She felt relieved when she didn’t see the least person she wanted to see…

 

 

 

“Dinner?”

 

 

She grunted when she heard him say.

 

 

“How about…guess what? Never!” She said and stormed away. She sat next to Jan Di…opposite to him.

 

“Don’t you think it’s a coincidence that we’re all musicians here? I mean come on, we all have our work not really related to arts except Jan Di of course, who seemed to be a loyal devotee of the music industry…” Jun Pyo started.

 

“Ehhh…do you play too Jae Kyung?” Ga Eul asked.

 

“No…but she sings…” Woo Bin answered.

 

“That’s wonderful…where?” Ga Eul asked again.

 

“Ehhh…anywhere.” Jae Kyung smiled.

 

 

After they ate dinner, they headed to the music room, well, it looked more like an auditorium than a room to me. Almost all the instruments you could imagine are there, a complete set of orchestra could perform here. Ga Eul looked closely at the set of cellos, violins, and basses. Then she saw the grand piano at the center stage.

 

 

“It’s…beautiful…” she whispered.

 

“Yeah, it’s such a waste that you’re not playing.” Yi Jung hinted.

 

“Why…are you such a bother today!” Ga Eul shot at him.

 

“I was just being friendly, and besides, I came here to tell you about the punishment.” Yi Jung said, putting his hands in his pockets.

 

“What is it? Make sure you say it right or I’ll finish your head off in no time!” she said showing off her clenched fists.

 

“Geesh, you’re more scary than Jan Di. Lucky ex-boyfriend of yours I guess.” Yi Jung said and Ga Eul got caught on his words.

 

 

She remained silent for a few seconds.

 

 

Am I really that scary? Is that why he left me? She thought.

 

 

“Anyways, your punishment would be playing this song for me, using the piano.” He said and handed her a music sheet. He then placed his hands on his head, like a refugee retreating, he left her still contemplating.

 

 

She looked at the piece on her hands. She read the title… Scars From that Distant Day. That’s when she thought of something…in the past.

 

 

Everyone was still busy looking at the other stuffs inside the room Jun Pyo’s bragging about, except the F3, Jan Di and Jae Kyung were really amazed. He was talking where he brought this, where he got that, who gave this, who gave that. Ga Eul looked at them, then she decided to go to the center stage where the piano is and placed the sheet in front of her. They were busy talking, including Yi Jung when…

 

 

(A/N: You can listen to this while reading the story. ^^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mORBedkTdoA)

 

 

“Ga Eul…” Jan Di uttered.

 

“She plays so…” Jae Kyung said..

 

“So beautifully…” when she was cut by Woo Bin.

 

“I haven’t seen her play like that…for a very long time.” Jan Di said smiling.

 

“She’s really good.” Jun Pyo commented.

 

“More like very good. I can feel her music.” Ji Hoo said sitting on the front row seat. All of them then sat and watched her.

 

 

 

Ga Eul continued playing while continuing to hold back her tears as she reflected from the music itself.

 

 

GE’S POV: Scary? Am I really that scary? What made him leave me like that? He said he’s tired of me and my belief in love? What’s wrong with giving your all for love? I love you? Is saying I love you really that important? Is it the only thing you can do to prove how much you care for a person? Because if it is, then Sun Pyo may never have loved me at all. He’s the first person I’ve ever loved and I never heard him say he loves me too. Although I’ve said it many times, in many ways, he would just say “I know.” Yet…this song, it reminds me of the wounded scars he caused my heart a few days…or maybe a year ago. Who knows he already cheated on me the first day we were together? No matter what, I wouldn’t want to remember anymore. Even though it ended already, the scars are still hurting. I don’t want to love anymore… Yes, I promise myself, I won’t love anymore…

 

 

Yi Jung stared at her with pure amazement, his heartbeat raced seeing her play like that. He could feel her hurting, from the way she bangs the piano.

 

 

After she finished playing the piano, she looked at the music sheet in front of her one last time… then she stood up and searched the whole place until she found the person she was looking for. She quickly arranged the sheets and went to the people who stood up and clapped their hands.

 

 

“That was breath-taking Ga Eul. You impressed me again.” Jan Di hugged her.

 

“I didn’t know you could play that well, thought you don’t have the passion.” Jun Pyo said.

 

“You really are one of a kind Ga Eul. Bravo.” Woo Bin cheered.

 

 

 

Ji Hoo gave her a handshake and a very sweet smile while Yi Jung remained composed and cool. Ga Eul handed him back the music sheet.

 

 

 

“Here. I’m done with my punishment.” She said and went out of the room.

 

 

Yi Jung almost crumpled the music sheet he was holding as he looked at her leaving the music room. F3, Jan Di and Jae Kyung didn’t fail to notice that.

 

 

 

“Whoah, don’t do that bro, it’s a good music.” Woo Bin said taking the music sheets away from him.

 

 

 

 

Then Yi Jung ran after her leaving a surprised F3, confused Jae Kyung and a speechless Jan Di with hanging open. (at least they’re not left alone again, they’re the one who left them  alone this time.)

 

 

 

“Hey…are you feeling better now?” Yi Jung asked. They were on the garden at the back of Jun Pyo’s house.

 

“Yes…thanks.” She said.

 

“You really can’t get over him?” he said and they started strolling around.

 

“I’m over him. Thanks to you.” She finally smiled.

 

“Is that so?” He asked.

 

“Why’d you choose that as a punishment? You could make me do something…well stupid, even if I said don’t.”

 

“I know you needed a way to pour out your heartaches…and drama and 1…2…3…”

 

 

 

She cried…out loud.

 

 

“I knew this would come…” He said rolling his eyes, he tossed out his hanky and handed it to her.

 

“I don’t need that, I need a crying shoulder. Call Jan Di.” She said sniffing.

 

“Why? Can’t you use me? Come on, try me.” He said extending his arms.

 

“I can’t.”

 

“Huh? Why?”

 

“’Cause you’ll end up kissing me again.” She said.

 

 

Yi Jung doesn’t know if he should smile, laugh or be even mad at what she just said.

 

 

 

“Ya, I’m trying to be a good friend here. But I could kiss you again if you want to.” He joked.

 

“Why do we always end up kissing each other?”  She asked.

 

“I don’t know, we just have this sickness when we’re drunk.” Yi Jung answered.

 

“Yeah, like everything seems to get out of control.”  

 

“Out of control? We both wanted it right?” He smiled and gave her his hand again.

 

 

 

She gladly took it and they hugged each other.

 

 

“Thanks for being a friend Dr. So.” She said.

 

“Thanks for listening to me too Chef Chu.” He replied.

 

“Say, since you made me feel better, I have a surprise for you.” She smiled breaking from the hug.

 

“What is it? If you’re-“ he said and was cut by Ga Eul’s quick kiss on his cheek.

 

“Thanks for tonight.” She smiled and walked away leaving an awestruck Yi Jung. Before she could entirely leave the garden, she turned back.

 

 

 

 

“For the record…Yes, I am a . And I will give it only to the person I love…which will be of course, my husband.” She smiled sweetly and left.

 

 

 

Yi Jung smirked as he touched his cheek.

 

 

 

“This is the first time you’ve been nice to me without getting yourself drunk…Ga Eul-yang.”

 

End Notes: