Chapter 25

Delectable Sickness

GA EUL-YUI-YI JUNG

Yi Jung joined Soo Young mostly in their “lunch dates” not because of personal matters, but because of “Ga Eul matters” according to Yi Jung. It’s not like he’s pretending to be busy, but he really needs to be busy to succeed in his goal. They were in Samwon Garden and Yi Jung can’t help but smile to himself because this is where he formally met Ga Eul. He refreshed his thoughts of both him and her, with Jan Di Jae Kyung and the rest of the gang, he was spacing out dude!

 

 

 

 

“Ya! It’s like the fifth time I stopped you from spacing out…what the hell is wrong with you?! At first I thought you were admiring my face ‘cause you can’t seem to stop staring, and that’s when I found out you’ve been staring at nothing!” Soo Young said and rolled her eyes.

 

 

“Oh…sorry, you were saying?” Yi Jung said smiling to himself.

 

 

“ArrgghhH! I can’t believe it.” She said, stood up and went to the ladies’ room.

 

 

 

 

Yi Jung just shrugged and started to eat. Before he could have a taste of his Italian dinner, somebody… or shall I say someone caught his attention.

 

 

 

“Where’s Ga Eul?”

 

 

 

“Yui? What are you doing here?” Yi Jung said and looked around.

 

 

“I’m with my mom, see?” She pointed her mom out, talking to some people like having a business meeting. Yi Jung nodded.

 

 

“I see… so wha-“

 

 

“I asked you…where’s Ga Eul?” Yui said, being the curious girl she was.

 

 

“Oh…she’s not here, she’s-“

 

 

“Then who’s that girl you were with a moment ago?” Yui seconded.

 

 

“Well-“ but before he could finish…

 

 

“Are you cheating on her?”

 

 

“What? No…I was-“ Yi Jung tried to defend but…

 

 

“Then why are you going out with someone else?” Yui asked again.

 

 

“Yui! Stop it…okay? Look, what you’re seeing right now is not what you think it is. You are too… way too young to understand such things. Tell you what, how about…I’ll take you to Lotte World in exchange of you…forgetting what you just saw earlier?” Yi Jung winked before he pouted.

 

 

“Nahhh…I’ve been there last week and I didn’t enjoy. Sorry.” Yui simply said.

 

 

“Ya, you are acting too much for your age. I know you want…okay  I know you think you are a grown up now, but that doesn’t mean you can talk to anybody with that kind of term. Understand?”

 

 

“Ga Eul doesn’t like bossy type of men, she likes the sweet, caring and the good husband type. And you’re neither of those,  so it won’t matter if I tell her or not. She won’t care…”

 

 

“Yui! Yui, listen… I’m begging you, I will give you everything, just please… don’t say anything about me going out with anyone…especially a girl.” Yi Jung said.

 

 

“You’re acting so immature for your age too mister, as you see, you don’t have to be so defensive if you’re hiding nothing from her…is there?”  Yui asked.

 

 

“Look-“ Yi Jung said…and again, he was cut.

 

 

“Yi Jung?” Soo Young said, like she was announcing her arrival.

 

 

“Soo Young… this is-“ but Yui bowed and sprinted back to her mom.

 

 

 

 

Before he could talk, Yui disappeared from his sight.

 

 

 

“Hey, can you-“

 

 

“I’m leaving.” Soo Young said, clutched her bag and left.

 

 

“Why won’t they let me talk first! Arrgh!” Yi Jung exclaimed and left too.

 

 

 

It was 7pm when Mrs. Han dropped Yui at Ga Eul’s house.

 

 

 

“I’m so sorry Ga Eul, it’s a very urgent meeting I have to go to.”

 

 

“It’s okay Mrs. Han, Yui’s just in time for some snacks.” Ga Eul smiled.

 

 

“Really Ga Eul? Yeaahhh! Bye mom!” Yui said and went inside immediately.

 

 

“I told you to not call her that, I’m so sorry, you know Yui…”

 

 

“Oh, it’s okay Mrs. Han. Take care.” Ga Eul bid before closing the door.

 

 

Yi Jung was pacing back and forth in his office thinking if he should call Ga Eul before Yui could tell her or just let it be. Why was he so worried anyway? Was he afraid that Ga Eul might think there’s something going on between him and Soo Young? Because if there is none, then he was just overreacting. Gracious! He was talking to a 6 year old!

 

 

 

“Bossy? I’m not bossy… Sweet? I am sweet… caring? I am very caring… good husband? I am the perfect husband she’s looking for!” He said to himself. He then looked at her picture in his table.

 

 

 

“Aisssh no… let her be. Yui will surely forget what just happened.”

 

 

 

 

 

“You like it?” Ga Eul asked as she sat opposite to Yui.

 

 

“Yeah, you should make more of this Ga Eul, it’s delicious!” Yui said.

 

 

“Really? Thanks…” Ga Eul said as she scooped on hers too.

 

 

“Your home made ice cream is better than the ones I’ve been buying in school!” Yui said.

 

 

“I learned it from a friend who works at Lotte World, she’s the best dessert chef ever!” Ga Eul said.

 

 

“Lotte World? Speaking of which, your friend just bargained with me.” Yui said.

 

 

 

Ga Eul chuckled at Yui’s maturity.  She surely acts formal and decent for a 6 year old.

 

 

 

“Which friend?”

 

 

“The one who smells like rotten fish…” She said not looking at her.

 

 

“Oh…that friend.” I haven’t talked to him in a while, he must be very busy. She said and thought.

 

 

“Yeah.. he said he’ll take me to Lotte World if I forget what I just saw earlier but since you reminded me of it, now I remember.”  She said.

 

 

 

Ga Eul chuckled again…and then stopped. Forget what she just saw earlier? What was it that made Yi Jung deal with a 6 year old? Was it serious?

 

 

 

“What did you saw anyway…Yui?” Ga Eul asked.

 

 

“Mom and I went to Samwon Garden earlier for lunch, and I saw him smiling to himself after that woman left him, so I went near him to ask where you are because I thought you’re with him but he said you were not. Then I asked him if he was cheating because she’s with another girl, and the girl wasn’t you but he said he was not. Then he said-“

 

 

“Yui…Yui… look, breath. Breath in between the lines…” Ga Eul smiled.

 

 

“Oh..yah, he said, I’ll take you to Lotte world if you just forget what you just saw and then I said I can’t because I don’t want to, so he said he’ll give me anything I want, and again I said I can’t and I don’t want to.” Yui said and continued to eat.

 

 

“Do you know the girl?” She didn’t want to ask, because it wasn’t her business but she just did.

 

 

“Soo…y…soo…y…” Yui tried to recall.

 

 

“It’s okay dear if you don’t remember.” Ga Eul said.

 

 

“Soo Young! That’s right, I remembered.” Yui said.

 

 

“Oh…” That was all she could say.

 

 

 

Just then… at the very moment, the doorbell just rang.

 

 

 

“Mom’s early.” Yui said and hurried to get the door before Ga Eul.

 

 

 

 

But was surprised to see….

 

 

 

“Oh, it’s you…” Yui said. Then Ga Eul peeked through the kitchen door and was surprised too.

 

 

“Hey…” Yi Jung said.

 

 

“Hey…” Ga Eul said.

 

 

“…and there goes awkward silence.” Yui said and went back to the kitchen.

 

 

 

Both of them chuckled at what Yui said.

 

 

 

“I just dropped by to say…”

 

 

“What Yui said isn’t true?” Ga Eul cut him.

 

 

“Look… you surely know that children these days are mostly misunderstanding things and…”

 

 

“Yui sure acts like an adult to be misunderstanding things.” Ga Eul said.

 

 

“I know but…it’s not what you think it is.”

 

 

“Did you come here to just defend yourself? Because if you are…then you are guilty.” Ga Eul said and went to the kitchen.

 

 

“Ya, it’s not like that.” Yi Jung said, closed the door and followed her to the kitchen where Yui is playfully enjoying her ice cream.

 

 

“Then what are you here for?” Ga Eul asked.

 

 

“Ehhh…Ice cream? I guess…” Yi Jung said taking a seat next to Yui.

 

 

 

When Ga Eul was preparing Yi Jung his ice cream, Yui whispered to Yi Jung…

 

 

 

“Liar! You came here to stop me didn’t you!” She whispered.

 

 

“You’re the one lying! You told her stuffs which isn’t true!” Yi Jung also whispered.

 

 

“You know what,  your whispering is useless because I can hear you.” Ga Eul raised a brow and gave him his ice cream.

 

 

“I know, it’s just that…”

 

 

“What are you doing here?” Ga Eul asked once again.

 

 

“I…”

 

 

“What?” Ga Eul seconded.

 

 

“He missed you.” Yui said.

 

 

 

Yi Jung looked at Yui then at Ga Eul, who was blushing!

 

 

 

“You what?” Ga Eul asked again.

 

 

“He missed you, that’s why that woman left him earlier because he’s been smiling to himself like some idiot fantasizing Lee Hyo Ri.” Yui said.

 

 

“Watch your language Yui.” Both of them said.

 

 

“But it’s partly true…” Yi Jung seconded.

 

 

 

They finished eating their ice cream and watched TV for a while.

 

 

 

 

Not later than that, Mrs. Han arrived and fetched Yui leaving the two behind. Ga Eul was in her doorstep, waiting for Yi Jung to go inside his car.

 

 

 

“Well…bye.” Ga Eul said.

 

 

“Look…I know it sounds a bit sarcastic, but I terribly missed you…r kisses.”  He said….shyly.

 

 

“Cut it out Dr. So or next thing I know, we’ll end up kissing again… look, it’s okay if you’re going out with someone else…  I won’t stop you.” Ga Eul said shortly.

 

 

“Ga Eul…you just broke my heart! I told you I was gonna court you.”  Yi Jung said.

 

 

“Really? Never thought you’d do it for real.” Ga Eul answered.

 

 

“Ya! DIdn’t you miss me? Not a little…?” He asked but Ga Eul just smirked. She was about to enter her house when he stopped her and pulled her by the waist.

 

 

 

“If you don’t miss me it’s okay, but I terribly missed you.” Yi Jung whispered in her ear. He kissed her cheek and whispered.

 

 

 

“I’ll make sure you’ll be mine in no time.” He said shortly and left, leaving Ga Eul breathless.

 

 

 

He sighed and went to his car. He drove home and went straight to bed. Before he could close his eyes, he went to his table and got that piece of paper.

 

 

 

10 DAYS OF COURTING CHU GA EUL.

 

 

 

PLAN A: MAKE HER MISS REALLY MISS ME… - FAILURE

 

PLAN B: …..

 

YJ POV

 

I just failed on my first plan… this is your fault Yui but since you’re under the age of minority, I’ll let you pass this time. I’m gonna make sure I’ll have her on my next…and very sure to be last plan. I’m not playing tricks here Ga Eul, I really want to spend my life with you. Don’t you get it? Why is she not after me? All the girls are dying just to make me say their name, they’d even hurt themselves just to have an appointment with me and yet there she is not even missing me even if we haven’t seen each other for days! Why are you doing this to me Ga Eul…

 

END OF POV

 

 

 

GE POV

 

He sure is acting a bit odd these past few days… He’s not calling, texting or even seeing me. But now, he just appeared out of nowhere just because he’s worried Yui might spill out that date he had with Soo Young. Oh right, I forgot to ask if it really was Soo Young he was with. Anyway, I don’t know if he’s sure with the court thing or not… but one thing’s for sure…. I terribly missed him too… and… his kisses…. So badly.

 

 

END OF POV