Chapter 33

Delectable Sickness

“Geesh! Ga Eul-ah!” Jan Di said when she saw Ga Eul.

 

“Jan Di-ah…” and she collapsed.

 

“Ga Eul, you…” Jae Kyung said and looked at Jan Di.

 

“She’s drunk.”

 

 

 

 

^^

 

 

“Pabo, that cheater didn’t even come or even call to apologize…I might as well drink. Cheers!” Ga Eul sniffed. Jae Kyung and Jan Di just looked at her. After gulping the last of her bottle, she stood up, wobbly.

 

 

“Yah, Ga Eul-ah, calm down, sit back.” Jae Kyung held her hand.

 

 

“Ani, I’m fine. I’ll just go home and sleep. Thanks for letting me in.”  Ga Eul said.

 

“No! You’re drunk, stay for the night and go home tomorrow.” Jan Di stopped her.

 

“And what? Have my own drama here while you two snore your lungs out? I just have to do something Jan Di…” Ga Eul reasoned out.

 

“How about we stay with you for tonight in your house and-“

 

“No, I want some time alone.” And with that, Jan Di didn’t argue anymore. Ga Eul is a responsible driver anyway.  They walked her to the door…

 

 

“Ga Eul-ah…” Jae Kyung called.

 

“Eh?” Ga Eul looked back.

 

“Will you be alright?” JK asked.

 

“Of course…” Ga Eul said with tears forming in her eyes.

 

“Come here for a second. I missed my best friend. (Jan Di hugged Ga Eul.)You don’t come to me anymore when you have problems because you already have-“ Jan Di said but was cut by Ga Eul.

 

“Don’t…Jan Di. I’d rather not hear Yi Jung’s name….aisssh, pabo, why did I even mention his name.” She said smacking herself. Jae Kyung and Jan Di looked at her.

 

“Look at you, trying to be okay in front of us when you’re really not. We know you Ga Eul, we’re your friends.” Jae Kyung said hugging her too.

 

“We get hurt only by people who occupy a big part of our heart Ga Eul, the more it hurts, the more important the person is. And we know how important Yi Jung is to you. We’ve seen you together, from being strangers, friends…even best friends, which sometimes makes me jealous but not really because I have Jun Pyo (laughs), seriously, we don’t think Yi Jung would really cheat on you. Have you listened to his explanation?” Jan Di asked.

 

“No…because I didn’t allow him to.” Ga Eul said.

 

“Then you’re the one at fault. You were always afraid to hear the truth, better know nothing than be hurt. Ga Eul, you better let yourself free and be ready to experience what love really means.” Jan Di said.

 

“Wae? What does love really means?”

 

“Well, it doesn’t really have any explanation, you just feel it, maybe through happiness, hurt or whatever feeling it maybe towards the person you love. If you think of love as being happy with the one you love, then you’re not really loving at all. Being in love means you or both of you’re ready to face the ups and downs that may come in your way as one.” Jan Di said to her.

 

“Thanks Jan Di…Jae Kyung. But for now, I really need some time to think.” Ga Eul said and bid farewell.

 

 

Ga Eul was driving late at night on a high way. She looked at her watch, it was almost midnight. She looked at herself in the mirror and she really looks miserable.

 

 

“You unlucky lady at love.” She whispered and BANG.

 

 

 

“What the?!”

 

 

Ga Eul had her head on the steering wheel, she was really drunk and opened the window for the person knocking at her door.

 

 

“I’m sorry mister, I’ll just pay whatever….Yi Jung??” she said when she saw a silouhette of him.

 

 

“Yi Jung is that you?!” she went out of her car and faced him.

 

 

He was extending his hand towards hers, like he was asking her to take it.

 

 

“Ya! I trusted you so much, I loved you so much… I didn’t even know I was loving you already that much! That much that it really hurts! You know how hurt I am now Yi Jung? Do you know? Huh? Answer me… do you really love me?” she cried, just then, Yi Jung fainted and to the ground.

 

 

“Yi Jung? Yi Jung ah!” She went to him, cradling him to hers.

 

 

“Wake up Yi Jung, wake uP!” She said, shakin him, squeezing his hand.

 

“mi…mianhe..jeongmal mianhe.” Yi Jung said, just then, Ga Eul noticed something wet near his head, which she recognized as blood.

 

“Yi Jung! Yi Jung-ah! Don’t play with me please! I don’t need your apology now. I need you! What am I to do? Help! Yi Jung….Yi Jung-ah! No!” she said as Yi Jung let go of her hand.

 

 

“NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

 

 

 

T_T...>_<....@_@

 

 

“Ya! Ga Eul, wake up!” Jan Di said, tapping her shoulder lightly.

 

“Ehh? Yi Jung? Where’s Yi Jung? What happened? Is he okay??” She said with her voice getting louder and louder.

 

“Ya, calm down! We don’t know what happened to you, we don’t know where Yi Jung is and how he is.” Jae Kyung answered.

 

“Muo?” Ga Eul asked..very confused.

 

“You came here, and you’re really very drunk, we tried to talk to you but you fell asleep.” Jan Di said.

 

“Ouch, my head still hurts, I guess I was just dreaming…” Ga Eul said. She then looked at her watch, it was 20 minutes before midnight.

 

 

Just like her dream.

 

 

“I have to go.” Ga Eul said and stood up.

 

“No! You’re drunk, stay for the night and go home tomorrow.” Jan Di stopped her.

 

 

Déjà vu, as what Ga Eul realized. That was exactly what Jan Di said in my dream, if I was dreaming…and I really hope I was. Oh my, Yi Jung.

 

 

“No, I need to go. Thanks for the advice you two. I finally know what love means.” She smiled and immediately left before the two could stop her.

 

 

“What advice?” Jan Di asked. Jae Kyung just mouthed “molla” and shrugged.

 

 

 

With her keys, she revved her car and went to where she first met Yi Jung, the high way.

 

 

The traffic light turned red, so she stopped. She looked around, he wasn’t there. Why would he even go there? What the hell was she thinking anyway? That her dreams would come true? Hell no!, she thought. She closed her eyes because she felt like her world was spinning, but then….

 

 

 

BANG.

 

 

“Aissshh.” She cursed and got out of her car. A black lotus just bumped her bumper.

 

 

“Sir, I would like to hear your VALID reason for totally ruining my car.” She said and held back.

 

 

“You see…” the person said when he realized what he just heard. He got out of the car.

 

“You said exactly what I said to you when you bumped my car.” Yi Jung said.

 

“Yi Jung…you’re alive.” Ga Eul smiled…

 

“What? Luckily I am, apparently some freak crashed into my car and said marry me! What the hell was that all about?!” Yi Jung exclaimed but Ga Eul just hugged her.

 

“I thought you’re still mad at me.” Yi Jung said and hugged her tightly.

 

“Yes I am, I’m just so happy you’re alive.” She said sobbing, burying her face in his chest.

 

“Pabo, of course I am. If I die, who will love you as much as I do?” Yi Jung said and kissed her head.

 

“But you cheated and you lied.”

 

“About what?” Yi Jung quickly answered.

 

 

Ga Eul let go and can’t seem to answer his question.

 

 

“Where’s Eun Jae?” Ga Eul asked, looking uneasy.

 

“I reported her to the officials. Apparently, she’s taking drugs, illegal possession of firearms and…God knows the truth if she really have killed her husband.” Yi Jung said.

 

“Muo?! So you…” Ga Eul reacted.

 

“Will you listen to my explanation first Ga Eul? You know how much I love you and I know how much you trust me.” Yi Jung said.

 

“I don’t care anymore, yesterday ended last night, (looks at her watch and it read 12:30am) I don’t want to know what happened. I don’t know if I’ll believe you or not after your explanation. I don’t even know how to react at the situation, all I know is I’m scared of losing you, I’m scared of not having you in my life and I love you. Hiccup!” Awww, there she goes with her hiccup again.

 

“Are you drunk?” Yi Jung asked, she nodded…and he chuckled.

 

“You and the alcohol’s effect. You’re so one of a kind. Come here you…” He said and hugged her.

 

“But I’m still mad at you…why am I even talking to you…” Ga Eul said.

 

 “I really hate not talking to you sweetie and I’m really sorry. You’re probably thinking why I didn’t come after you or even called you after that, I know you well enough that I knew you needed some time for yourself.” Yi Jung said and held both her hands.

 

“But I really still need to hear that explanation before I say I do.” Ga Eul said hugging him tightly.

 

“How about I explain on our way to the church so you can say your I do?” Yi Jung asked.

 

“What…I do…” Ga Eul stuttered.

 

“Let’s get married now.” Yi Jung proposed.

 

“As in now?”

 

“Yeah now..i love you too much I can’t-“ she shut her eyes and kissed him passionately on the lips, and for a long while, a full minute, then she stopped.

 

“You can’t what?” she asked.

 

“You really like kissing me don’t you? Ahhh, I can’t wait any longer let’s go.” He kissed her in response, carried her bridal style and into his car.

 

 

“Wait, I’m still mad at you. I need your explanations first!” Ga Eul refused in a playful manner as Yi Jung revved up the engine but Yi Jung just kissed her before he sped up.

 

 

“Didn’t you say you just kiss to cut off the conversation?” Yi Jung smiled. She smiled too, and for the long drive, he was holding her hand….

 

 

….while explaining of course. It didn’t really matter right? Yi Jung didn’t do anything wrong. ^^

 

 

End Notes:

thanks for supporting Delectable Sickness till the very end. For the reviewers, readers, silent readers. thanks so much. ^^ 'till my next fic. ^^