Chapter 30

Delectable Sickness

“What?” Ga Eul asked.

 

“I said…hmmm, kiss me.” Yi Jung mumbled.

 

 

“After what you did you think it’ll all be over?”

 

 

“Wae? What did I…ouch!” Yi Jung ached when Ga Eul let go of his hand.

 

 

 

“Fine, I forgive you for now. But the moment you step off this hospital, I demand discussions. Ga Eul said, just then, the nurse came in.

 

 

“Excuse me Dr. So, I’d just like to clarify if she’s really your wife. I need her to sign the consent. Dr. Yoon said he can’t oblige to it.” The nurse attendant said. Yi Jung then looked at Ga Eul.

 

 

“I kind of panicked and didn’t know what to-“

 

 

“Yes Joo Hyeon, she’s my wife.” He smiled weakly.

 

 

 

The nurse nodded and had Ga Eul sign some papers. She saw the paper saying SIGNATURE OVER PRINTED NAME. She was about to write CHU GA EUL but Yi Jung squeezed her hand.

 

 

“You really are…right?” Yi Jung asked.

 

 

Ga Eul smiled and wrote SO GA EUL instead.

 

 

When the nurse left, Yi Jung struggled to get something in his pocket.

 

 

“AIssh, you really don’t know how to listen do you? I told you to rest before-“

 

 

“Will you marry me? Again? For real?” he said flashing that velvet box from his pocket.

 

 

“What did you just…”

 

 

 

And Yi Jung pulled her close to him, using his right hand and all of his strength. Yes, it did hurt a bit. Well,         I guess a lot. But it didn’t matter when his lips met hers. He kissed her, and yes, she gave in. After a few tongue tricks, Ga Eul pushed herself away.

 

 

 

“I really missed you a lot Ga Eul. If only you knew how much I do.”

 

 

“I don’t want to hear that…I just want to know how you really feel about me…because..”

 

 

“Because what? Don’t you love me?” Yi Jung asked, still hugging her with his right hand… he was her hair.

 

 

 

“No…I don’t love you.” She said and felt Yi Jung’s hand stopped her hair.

 

 

 

“I was just joking, yes, I love you…so much. So much that it hurts seeing you together with someone else. I get mad at times, I get jealous. But what makes it more frustrating is that there’s nothing I could do about it. Because you’re not mine…and neither am I yours.” Ga Eul said looking sad.

 

 

“Ya, you’re assuming things Ga Eul.” Yi Jung said and smiled at her childish acts. He, with Ga Eul’s help, sat on his bed. He placed his injured hand on Ga Eul’s lap while Ga Eul was leaning on his chest. Using his right hand, he patted her back…and suddenly laughed.

 

 

 

“Now what’s funny?” Ga Eul looked at him.

 

 

“Nothing, never thought your s would look so good in a different angle. We should do this more often.” He said in a teasing tone and hugged her even tighter.

 

 

“Muo? What does that suppose to mean?” Ga Eul raised a brow.

 

 

“I’m just telling the truth and will you stop hitting me? I’m injured.” He said when Ga Eul started smacking him.

 

 

“I thought you said they needed a job.” She pouted.

 

 

“Will you let me do the job? You know pretty well I’m a surgeon do you?” He winked. And that caused Ga Eul to be ballistic.

 

 

“You !” She accused and started smacking him again.

 

 

“Ya! That was before…okay? Have you been stimulating it? It looked much bigger now.” He said amusingly.

 

 

“Ya, who gave you the right to talk about my private property?”

 

 

“Didn’t you just say you’re my wife?”

 

 

“But we’re not married!” Ga Eul reasoned out.

 

 

“That’s why I’m asking you to marry me!” Yi Jung accidentally raised his tone too.

 

 

“What do you want me to do? Say yes, and then what? You’ll be mine?”

 

 

“Of course, I’ll be yours. I-“

 

 

“Then yes! I will marry you.” She said out of the blue.

 

 

 

 

Yi Jung was caught off guard with her reply.

 

 

 

“You sure Ga Eul?” He asked…finally smiling.

 

 

“Wae? Want me to take it back?” Ga Eul answered.

 

 

 

“So…does that mean, you’re giving me the right to talk about your private…you know.” He chuckled.

 

 

 

“That wasn’t part of the plan… you!” And they started hitting each other.

 

 

 

Ji Hoo, Woo Bin and Jae Kyung peeked through the door and saw the two arguing with each other.

 

 

 

“Well, I guess they’re okay now.” Jae Kyung smiled.

 

 

 

“Finally… after all the denials and hush-hush, those two are finally walking down the isle.” Ji Hoo said.

 

 

 

“How could you say that? Did he propose already?” Jae Kyung asked.

 

 

 

“I don’t know…. But I know soon he will.” Ji Hoo said confidently and closed the door.

 

 

 

“Aww…how sweet.” Jae Kyung admired and Woo Bin slipped his arm on her waist.

 

 

 

“Have you thought about double wedding?” Woo Bin winked and Jae Kyung could just smile and nod.

 

 

 

“Make that a triple. I think I like that idea too.” Ji Hoo said and flashed that velvet box.

 

 

 

Yi Jung demanded he’d go home the next day, to which, no one objected. He said he’s already feeling good, and felt the need to be with his “real-future-wife-to-be”. With Woo Bin’s help, he and Jae Kyung took Yi Jung home safely while Ga Eul went home to fresh things up and cook some food.

 

 

Ga Eul was busy preparing lunch when her phone rang…

 

 

 

CALLER ID: DR. SO

 

 

 

“Ya, I’m not yet done. Can’t you wait?”

 

 

“I’m starving. Hurry up. I told you, you should have cooked here instead.” Yi Jung reprimanded.

 

 

“Aissh…I’m hanging up. I’ll see you later.” She said and she really did hang up on him.

 

 

Yi Jung looked at his phone and smiled.

 

 

 

Actually, he was also planning something for her.

 

^^

 

 

After Ga Eul has cooked lunch, she immediately cleaned her kitchen before leaving. She took a cab instead of taking her car.

 

 

 

She rang the doorbell.

 

 

 

 

“It’s open!” Yi Jung answered.

 

 

 

Ga Eul entered and went straightly to the kitchen. She saw Yi Jung struggling to slice the mangoes.

 

“Ya! What are you doing! I told you to rest didn’t i?” Ga Eul said and snatched the knife from him.

 

 

“Well I wanted to make you something too… that’s why I planned on making mango shake for you.”

 

 

“How nice of you yobo to think of me, but as you well know, I hate mangoes.” Ga Eul said and washed her hands first before slicing the mangoes.

 

 

“Huh? Wae? They’re delicious.” Yi Jung asked grabbing a piece.

 

 

“Exactly, they’re addictive that’s why I hate them. I can’t stop eating.” She smiled at him.

 

 

“Hmmm, just like you then.” Yi Jung blurted.

 

 

“What do you mean like me?” Ga Eul stopped slicing.

 

 

“You’re so addictive.” Yi Jung said and hugged her from her back.

 

 

“Oh my God Yi Jung, don’t start it. Please…” She sounded like she was pleading.

 

 

“Wae? What did I do? I haven’t even started yet.” Yi Jung chuckled.

 

 

“Could you at least wait ‘till we say I do?” She asked and looked like she was enjoying the situation.

 

 

 

“I can’t wait forever Ga Eul. Give me a date now or I’ll end up in the asylum. I just can’t resist these curves now that I have touched them.” Yi Jung teased as he placed his right hand on her waist.

 

 

A tinge of heat curled up on Ga Eul’s body. What could this possibly mean?

 

 

Ga Eul wiped her hands and placed all the mangoes in the blender. She pressed the button and faced Yi Jung. He was smiling, and it was different. Different from his smiles before. There was assurance, real happiness and commitment in his eyes. It’s sparkling like they’re saying, these eyes are only meant to look after you…forever.

 

 

 

And oh, guess what? They kissed.