Chapter 26

Delectable Sickness

“Are you sure of what you are doing Yi Jung?”

 

“Of course, why not? You haven’t seen me failed ever since, didn’t you?” Yi Jung proudly said.

 

 

“I guess this will be the first time, or should I say, this WAS the first time. Apparently Ga Eul reported that you came by her house last night just to stop little Yui from spoiling your lunch date with Soo Young. Which means…” Ji Hoo smiled to himself.

 

 

“Which means what?”

 

 

“You just failed on your Plan A. Make her miss you? Pfft. You just missed her and you said it last night that you really do.” Ji Hoo said showing that piece of paper with Yi Jung’s writings.

 

 

“Ya! Where did you get that? You went through my stuff? Give me that!” Yi Jung tried to get it from him. Ji Hoo easily let go of it and laughed.

 

 

“My my, I can’t believe you stooped on to this immaturity level just for love my good friend. Well, should I say good luck or should I say better luck next time?” Ji Hoo laughed out loud and left before getting hit by Yi Jung. After he heard the door closed, he sat on his desk and took out another piece of paper.

 

 

 

PLAN B: MAKE HER JEALOUS

 

 

 

Although he’s having doubts on his plan B, he really has no choice. He really doesn’t want Ga Eul to see him with other girls and he really doesn’t want to see other girls except Ga Eul. Did I make it clear? He then started to think on how to start his plan.

 

 

 

“Which is which? I can’t believe being in love is not that easy…damn.” He cursed. He was trying to figure out whom to call… Soo Young or Eun Jae.

 

 

 

At the back of his mind…

 

 

 

I wouldn’t want to call Eun Jae… she’d be at peace by now. I mean… peacefully living with her husband. I wouldn’t want to make new tales about it again… and Soo Young… arrrgggh no choice.

 

 

 

He fished out his phone and texted her…

 

“Hey Soo Young, want to go out for lunch?”

 

 

 

Not that long he received a reply…

 

 

“And then what? Talk to myself again? No thanks.” Soo Young replied.

 

 

 

Yi Jung shook his head, oh no, this can’t be happening, if Soo Young won’t go then who will be his substitute accomplice in making Ga Eul jealous? He took his coat and headed out, he waited for the elevator, when it opened, he saw a very familiar figure walking and entered the office of his friend, Yoon Ji Hoo. Without any second thoughts, he followed…her.

 

 

 

At Ji Hoo’s office…

 

 

 

“Hey there…it’s been a while since I saw that smile.” Ji Hoo lovingly greeted.

 

 

“Yeah, it’s been a while since I heard those playful jokes of yours.” The lady said and sat on a vacant chair facing Ji Hoo.

 

 

“So how-“

 

 

 

“Seo Hyun-sshi, I need your help!” Yi Jung came in bursting through the door without even knocking.

 

 

“Yah, So Yi Jung, you scared me to death!” Seo Hyun said.

 

 

“What are you playing at?” Ji Hoo seconded.

 

 

“Oh, sorry, it’s just that I really need your help….badly. Really, Ji Hoo, you know my plan B, please help me. Soo Young isn’t available, and I can’t possibly get in touch with Eun Jae again, you know the story.” Yi Jung said in a snap, like a groom getting anxious to see his wife.

 

 

“Whoa whoa! Slow down man, you’re not marrying her or anything yet. Why are you such in a hurry to get her anyway?” Ji Hoo asked.

 

 

“Well…I sort of like, believed in myself too much and I gave her a word that…”

 

 

“That what?” Seo Hyun urged him to continue.

 

 

“That she’ll fall head over heels in love with after 10 days…” Yi Jung continued.

 

 

“Take note, not just fall in love, but head over heels in love…” Seo Hyun commented and smiled.

 

 

“I can’t believe you just said that and I have nothing to say about it.” Ji Hoo said and laughed.

 

 

“Please Seo Hyun…” Yi Jung pouted.

 

 

“What’s your plan anyway?” Seo Hyun asked.

 

 

“Tada!” Yi Jung showed that piece of paper he was working on lately.

 

 

 

“Make her jealous huh? How in the world will I be able to help you when all I can do is glide, race and walk?” Seo Hyun asked.

 

 

“Oh, did I forget to mention she’s a kart racer and a model like Jae Kyung too? Hot cousins huh? And besides, we all know she sticks with me, do you think Ga Eul will believe you? Pfft.” Ji Hoo added and Yi Jung thought of something.

 

 

“Then do you have someone you can recommend? Your model friends perhaps?” Yi Jung said.

 

 

“Hmmm, I know a few who could help us out. Let’s go.” Seo Hyun said and clutched her bag.

 

 

“But what about our date?” Ji Hoo stopped her.

 

 

“A double date would be a perfect operation right? Ga Eul wouldn’t be able to tell if it’s a play or not, even Jae Kyung wouldn’t know about it. It’s a perfect getaway.” Seo Hyun said and left first. Ji Hoo took his coat and whispered to Yi Jung.

 

 

“If I didn’t get to kiss her tonight, you’re dead meat.” Ji Hoo said and left.

 

 

Yi Jung gulped and followed them.

 

 

They went to the studio to meet Seo Hyun’s friends.

 

 

 

“Hey there flygirl, who’s that heartthrob?” One of her co-models said and gasped when another “heartthrob” came in.

 

“Girls, these are my friends… Dr. So Yi Jung and Dr. Yoon Ji Hoo.”

 

 

“That famous surgeon everyone’s been talking about?”

 

 

“Oh my gosh, they’re so hot!”

 

 

“I never thought they’d come by to see us.” Some of the girls said.

 

 

“Go ahead let’s get this on, pick one Yi Jung and let’s go.” Ji Hoo said.

 

 

“Unfortunately, I already reserved someone for you.” Seo Hyun said and led them to the dressing room.

 

 

Yi Jung and Ji Hoo just looked at each other and shrugged.

 

 

 

They went to the dressing room and saw…

 

 

 

“Hey girlfriend, how you doing?” Seo Hyun said and hugged her friend.

 

 

“I’m good. What brings you here this early?” She said as she settled on the couch, flashing her long slender legs. Yi Jung shook his head and closed his eyes for a bit.

 

 

“Well, you see, remember that thing you owe me? I came here to top it off with a deal.”

 

 

“What is it?”

 

 

“Guys, this is Uee, my long time friend in the modeling industry. Uee, meet Dr. So Yi Jung and Dr. Yoon Ji Hoo, aren’t they the hottest?” Seo Hyun introduced.

 

 

“A little. But not typically my type, sorry. So what’s the catch?” Uee asked.

 

 

“Ha! I like this girl, you see, I have this-“ and Ji Hoo shut him up by covering his mouth.

 

 

“I suggest you let the girl talk about it since this is a girl matter.” Ji Hoo said to Yi Jung.

 

 

“Go ahead Seo Hyun…”  Yi Jung said.

 

 

 

After Seo Hyun have explained what Uee needs to know, Uee made her decision.

 

 

 

“Fine, as long as you won’t go pulling my hair at the end of the day.”  Uee smiled.

 

 

“Ehhh…which means?” Yi Jung asked.

 

 

“Which means you won’t piss her off or she’ll ruin you plan.” Seo Hyun said chuckling.

 

 

“I promise.” Yi Jung gulped.

 

 

“So, what are we supposed to do? Go out on a date and get caught by her?” Ji Hoo asked.

 

 

“No…that would be obvious. Woo Bin and Jun Pyo should know nothing about this. Their big-eared girlfriends will surely arrive to the conclusion without even analyzing the situation.” Yi Jung said.

 

 

“Fine…fine, so where to go?” Uee asked while putting on lip gloss.

 

 

“How about a trip somewhere far away and let Ga Eul wonder why you didn’t tell her anything? That would make Woo Bin and Jun Pyo wonder too, and their “big-eared” girlfriends about you being so secretive. Then Jun Pyo would have then worked out on a plan, and they’ll go spying on us, and boom! He then caught you with a girl and report to Jan Di immediately and Jan Di would go running to Ga Eul telling her that-“

 

 

“I love you man, you are such a genius!” Yi Jung patted his friend’s shoulder.

 

 

“Okay… for the second time around… where to go?” Uee asked again.

 

 

“How about Paris?” Seo Hyun asked.

 

 

“Nice…how about it Yi Jung?” Ji Hoo asked.

 

 

“That’s the city of lights… and the most romantic getaway for lovers, I’d go there with Ga Eul myself. How about New Caledonia?” Yi Jung shifted.

 

 

“Same old. Same old. It’s my 9th time to go there if we do.” Ji Hoo complained.

 

 

“It would be our first time..” Uee commented.

 

 

“Then New Caledonia it is…” Yi Jung said.

 

 

 

_____________________

 

“Ga Eul, have you seen Yi Jung?” Jan Di asked.

 

 

“Nope, why?”

 

 

“I would like to have something fixed.” Jan Di smiled.

 

 

“I smell something fishy… what is it that you want to get fixed?” Ga Eul asked.

 

“Well, Gu Jun Pyo said my s were like burger pans that got crushed. You know…pam!” Jan Di demonstrated by the use of her palm.

 

“And what? You plan to get them augmented? I can’t believe you considered what your boyfriend just said. I told you image is not the basis for love.” Ga Eul said and sighed.

 

 

“I was just joking okay? He never told me anything and I never planned anything… I was just checking you out about Yi Jung..” Jan Di said.

 

 

“What? Why?”

 

 

“Well I haven’t seen you guys together for days… you not in good terms or something?” Jan Di asked.

 

 

“Nope…it’s just that we don’t see each other that’s all.” Ga Eul said bluntly.

 

 

“But you still talk right?”

 

 

“Ahh…yeah.” Ga Eul lied and looked at her phone. Actually it’s been days too since he last texted, even after that night he said he missed me, he never did call or made it up to me. What’s wrong?

 

 

“Ya, Chu Ga Eul, you okay?” Jan Di asked while stuffing in a slice of pancake in .

 

 

“Ya Geum Jan Di, you know very well I’m in a state of crisis now, would you stop eating my breakfast? I’ve been saving just to pay this months’ bill and yet you always come barging in eating my stuffs.” Ga Eul said.

 

 

“You haven’t paid your bill yet?” Jan Di asked.

 

 

“Nope… I used the money in the bank to pay for the damages. The insurance company couldn’t cover them all, I have to restore back the place. I don’t want to stop my father’s success.” Ga Eul said.

 

 

“Ga Eul, your father’s dream is for you to become successful. And you are what you are right now, a successful chef.” Jan Di encouraged her friend.

 

 

“You are my best friend aren’t you?” Ga Eul pouted.

 

 

“Of course… wae? You found someone new?” Jan Di asked.

 

 

“Well…aside from you there’s Yi Jung.” She chuckled.

 

 

“Muo? You consider him your best friend already? Since when?”

 

 

“A few days after we met.” Ga Eul smiled.

 

 

“Ya, that’s unfair… we spent days since kindergarten. You should love me more.” Jan Di joked.

 

 

“Fine…then I’ll share this one secret he never ever knew.” Ga Eul said.

 

 

“What?”

 

 

 

Ga Eul whispered to Jan Di.

 

 

 

 

“Muo?!” Jan Di gasped.