Chapter 32

Delectable Sickness

He deleted the message and just then felt a hand on his shoulder.

 

 

“Paris it is man. Haha, my baby’s going. My baby’s going.” Ji Hoo hummed happily and Yi Jung just stared. He looked at Ga Eul who was happily chatting with Jae Kyung and Jan Di.

 

 

He can’t let this happen. Not now that everything’s set to where it should be.

 

 

“What’s the problem bro? You look like you’ve seen a ghost.” Jun Pyo appeared out of nowhere.

 

“I have to go.”  Yi Jung said.

 

“Eh? Where?” Jun Pyo asked but Yi Jung went to Ga Eul already.

 

“I just have to fix something, stay here. Don’t go out without any of the guys. Araso?” Yi Jung said and kissed her head.

 

“Huh? Wae? Is there something wrong?” Ga Eul asked, troubled.

 

“Ani, I’m just making sure you’re safe at all times. You’ll gonna be my bride in a few days, remember?” Yi Jung said flashing a smile.

 

“Aww, that’s so unoriginal Yi Jung. I’ve heard that before.” Jae Kyung joked.

 

 

 

Before Yi Jung could leave, he gave Woo Bin a glare. A glare that says you know what I mean.

 

 

 

It was early when Yi Jung arrived, much to the sender’s delight.

 

 

 

“I’m glad you came…early. As I’ve expected.” The woman said.

 

 

C”,)

 

“Ga Eul-ah, it’s almost 11, where could he be?” Jae Kyung asked.

 

“Molla, he didn’t say anything. You heard him, any idea you guys? I’m worried.”  Ga Eul said.

 

“Don’t worry, we’ll take care of that. As your husband’s bestfriend and your friend, I’ll take you home Ga Eul.” Ji Hoo said who seems to be in a very good mood. Ga Eul just smiled at him and ignored her negative thoughts about Yi Jung.

 

 

After Ji Hoo dropped Ga Eul in her house with his motorcycle, he left. Ga Eul noticed a small enveloped taped to her doorstep. She opened it and…

 

 

SWEETIE, IF I’M NOT HOME BY 10, YOU CAN FIND ME AT THIS ADDRESS.  I LOVE YOU. YI JUNG

 

 

“Omo, Yi Jung, it’s almost 11…where…what… Ji Hoo just left. Should I go?” Ga Eul said to herself.

 

 

Just then her phone rang…

 

 

 

“Ga Eul? Are you home?”

 

 

“Woo Bin? Yeah, I am… you see…”

 

 

“Good, I was just checking. Jae Kyung and Jan Di just wanted to make sure too. Any problem?”

 

 

“You see, Yi Jung left an address and said that if he’s not home by 10, I can find him there.” Ga Eul said, sounding very scared.

 

 

“Muo? Stay there okay? Don’t go anywhere, we’ll be on our way.” Woo Bin said.

 

 

“Ani…ani, I can go there myself. I have my car with me. Thanks for your help.” Ga Eul said.

 

 

“You sure?” Woo Bin insisted.

 

 

“Yeah. Bye.” Ga Eul hang.

 

 

Ga Eul drove to the said address. It was a house. She went to the gates and rang the bell, a maid attended.

 

 

 

“May I help you miss?”

 

“Is So Yi Jung here?” Ga Eul asked.

 

“Are you Miss Ga Eul?” the maid asked.

 

“Yes.” Ga Eul smiled.

 

“Come in.” and the maid opened the gate for her.

 

 

The maid assisted her inside the house. It was a pretty big house.

 

 

“Mr. So Yi Jung is upstairs miss, second room to the right.” The maid said and ushered her to the stairs. Ga Eul obliged and slowly walked her way. She was a bit nervous, what would he think if he sees her? It’s not that she doesn’t trust him, it’s just that, she was worried. It was him who said that she can find him there anyway, according to the note.

 

 

On her way, she notices the door to the room was open, there was a small ray of flight flashing through the door, Ga Eul took a peek.

 

 

 

“I hope you’re happy now.” Yi Jung said while putting on his clothes.

 

 

Ga Eul felt her heart pound like it was going to break her. She felt her hands tremble and she accidentally opened the door wider.

 

 

Yi Jung’s eyes widened when he saw Ga Eul standing there, speechless. With teary eyes, she bowed.

 

 

“Eun Jae…” Ga Eul uttered.

 

“Oh…Ga Eul, you’re here. I’m surprised to see you here in our house.” Eun Jae smiled as she covered herself in a blanket and lighted a cigarette.

 

“What’s this all about Eun Jae?” Yi Jung said with eyes glistening with fire.

 

“I was just showing Ga Eul our house, you know Ga Eul, Yi Jung has a fine taste in interior designs.” Eun Jae said.

 

“Ga Eul, this is not what you think it is.” Yi Jung tried to come near her.

 

“Don’t you dare go near me. I’m sorry for breaking in Eun Jae. The maid said Yi Jung’s here. I didn’t mean to interrupt you guys. Jeongmal mianhe.” She bowed again and ran away.

 

“Ga Eul! Ga Eul! It’s not what you think it is!” Yi Jung ran after her but before he could leave the door, he shot one glance at Eun Jae.

 

“I wish you really died Eun Jae. My life was perfect ‘till you came back.” Yi Jung said and left.

 

 

Ga Eul hurriedly descended the stairs, out the door and out the house. She was struggling for her keys when…

 

 

“Ga Eul please…listen to me.” Yi Jung panted.

 

 

Ga Eul just closed her eyes, took a deep breath and said.

 

 

“It’s okay…no harm done. We’re friends, with benefits… right?” Ga Eul faked a smile even if tears were now falling on her cheeks.

 

“Ga Eul…” SLAP. Did she just slap him? Yes, she did.

 

“I thought you’re different because you were my friend. I thought you’re honest because that’s how I feel you are. I trusted you so much. But you know what? You’re just like Sun Pyo! You guys are all the same! I knew I shouldn’t have loved you from the start!” Ga Eul said in tears. She revved her engine and left.

 

 

>_<

 

 

“I knew it…I knew it.” Ga Eul said while crying. She was pulling away her clothes from her closet and stuffed it into her suitcase. She then found that dress Yi Jung bought her the first time they meet.

 

 

FLASHBACK:

 

 

“Promise me one thing.” Yi Jung said to me.

 

“What is it?” I asked.

 

“If someone…anyone…makes you cry….tell me. I’d do what it takes just to make you smile again.”

 

 

I eyed him.

 

 

“Okay…as long as you’re not the reason as to why I’m crying.” I said.

 

“That won’t ever happen sweetie.”

 

“We’ll never know Dr. So, we’ll never know.”

 

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

 

T_T

 

 

Yi Jung poured himself a drink, he was crying. He thought letting the night pass and talk to her tomorrow. He knew she won’t listen to him no matter how hard he will try.

 

 

“I just made you cry Ga Eul… I just did…” and emptied his glass.

 

 

His phone rang…

 

 

“Yi Jung-ah? Finally, I can’t contact you for hours. Is Ga Eul with you already? She said she’ll-“ Woo Bin said but was cut.

 

“I told you to watch her!” Yi Jung said and hangs up.

 

 

YJ’S FLASHBACKS AND POV:

 

“I’m glad you came…early. As I’ve expected.” The woman said.

 

“Eun Jae…What do you want?” Yi Jung asked.

 

“You thought I’d disappear huh?” Eun Jae asked.

 

“Hope you would really disappear now Eun Jae.” Yi Jung said.

 

“Why so cold? Didn’t you miss me?”

 

“Why do you have to call me here?”

 

“Recognize the place? You and Ga Eul could use it.” Eun Jae said as she came closer to him.

 

“Don’t you dare Eun Jae. I thought we’re over, we ended it well, didn’t we? You were happy already with your husband. Why the sudden change of mind?” Yi Jung asked.

 

“Change of mind? I should say change of heart. I never loved him at all, I didn’t even cry at his funeral.” Eun Jae smirked.

 

“Muo? Funeral? Did you just?”

 

“I never intended to, but rumors and gossips made me. They were all against me, like I’m the one at fault. It wasn’t really my fault, was it?” then she laughed.

 

“You’re crazy Eun Jae. I don’t even know you anymore.” He said and tried to walk away when…

 

“I have men watching over Ga Eul now, if you don’t want anything to happen to her, give me your phone, now.” She said calmly, lighting a cigar.

 

“You’re really crazy Eun Jae.” He cursed.

 

 

Eun Jae then sat on the couch. Got something from the side table which Yi Jung identified as morphine. She took a whole lot of it followed by a sip from her glass wine.

 

 

“What happened to you?” Yi Jung asked.

 

“What happened to me? Ask yourself.” Eun Jae showed her gun and went upstairs.

 

“Ya, what are you trying to do?? Aissh..” Yi Jung looked at his watch and it was past 10 already, he went after her.

 

 

Eun Jae lied on her bed, still with a gun on her hand.

 

 

“Put that away will you?” Yi Jung said.

 

“Come and get it.” Eun Jae dared. She even cocked the gun to Yi Jung’s surprise.

 

“Ya!” Yi Jung said and tried taking the gun away from her. She was drunk, very drunk. He never thought she’d be like this.

 

“Just stay with me for tonight Yi Jung. Just hug me for tonight and I’ll leave you and Ga Eul forever.” Eun Jae pleaded.

 

“Just give me the gun.” Yi Jung said coldly.

 

“Please?”  Eun Jae begged.

 

“Give me the gun first.” Yi Jung insisted and snatched the gun away from Eun Jae. He uncocked and dismantled it to pieces. He rolled and closed his eyes. He took a deep breath and sat on the bed.

 

Eun Jae hugged him from behind…

 

“You know I’m married to Ga Eul, Eun Jae.” He said.

 

“I know you’re not married yet.” Eun Jae said. Yi Jung looked at her.

 

“I saw Jae Hwan and his real mommy. I asked if she knew you and Ga Eul, and she admitted Jae Hwan’s really her son.” Eun Jae said.

 

 

Yi Jung didn’t answer.

 

 

“Guilty much? Come on Yi Jung, just be with me for tonight, just for a few minutes.” Eun Jae requested.

 

“Fine. Just don’t do anything stupid again.” Yi Jung said.

 

 

She started to his coat.

 

 

“Stop it Eun Jae.” He removed her hands.

 

“Fine, I’ll just call my men, where should I start? Kidnap then or then kidnap?” Eun Jae smirked and Yi Jung placed his hands on her shoulders heavily that she laid back on her bed.

 

“If you touch even a single strand of her hair, I’ll make you regret why you met me.” He said fiercely and let go of her.

 

“Then do as I say.” She demanded.

 

 

Yi Jung just sat there, he let Eun Jae do her thing. He wasn’t cheating, it was against his odds. It’s just that, he can’t protest especially if Ga Eul’s in trouble.

 

 

Eun Jae took off his coat forcibly. She then started ing his shirt. For crying out loud, Yi Jung was about to cry. What if Ga Eul finds out? It’ll hurt her more. Ga Eul would understand if it were others who would hurt her as long as it’s not him. He just promised her a while ago that he’ll never make her cry… He was spacing out when he realized Eun Jae just finished undoing his shirt. She then pulled him closer, and hugged him tighter when…

 

 

I can’t do this. I can’t hurt Ga Eul, I’ll just have to save her now if anything happens. He thought to himself.

 

 

“I hope you’re happy now.” Yi Jung said while putting on his clothes. But…

 

 

She was there….standing there, with tears in her eyes. Ga Eul.

 

 

END OF FLASHBACK AND POV

 

 

……

 

 

Jae Kyung decided to sleep at Jan Di’s. Jun Pyo insisted they’d stay overnight but Jan Di wouldn’t. They were watching TV when someone knocked in the middle of the night. Who could it be?

 

 

“Geesh! Ga Eul-ah!” Jan Di said when she saw Ga Eul.

 

“Jan Di-ah…” and she collapsed.

 

“Ga Eul, you…” Jae Kyung said and looked at Jan Di.

 

“She’s drunk.”