Chapter 27

Delectable Sickness

Yi Jung woke up from a call that’s surely enough to ruin his day. He lazily looked for his phone and looked at the caller ID.

 

 

His eyes grew bigger when he saw…

 

 

CALLING: GA EUL

 

 

He automatically got up and cleared his throat before answering the phone.

 

 

“Yoboseyo?”

 

“So what’s this all about Doctor?” on the other line.

 

”Jae Kyung? Why are you using Ga Eul’s phone?”

 

“Wae? Can’t I use her phone?”

 

“Besides, what are you talking about?” Yi Jung asked.

 

“My very dear cousin Seo Hyun said she’s leaving for New Caledonia, along with Ji Hoo and her friend Uee… and the worst part of the news is… and you too. What are you playing at??” Jae Kyung interrogated.

 

“Oh… well.” He stopped for a minute, composed himself.

 

 

Think Yi Jung, think. Surely Jae Kyung will tell Ga Eul what will happen right now and surely she’ll go flying to New Caledonia to spy on me. Gotcha Chef Chu!

 

 

“Yi Jung, are you there?” Jae Kyung asked.

 

“Ah, yes… you see, It was me who invited Uee actually to go with me to…uhh, New Caledonia. I ac-“

 

 

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.

 

 

 

“Did you just hang up on me??” Yi Jung cursed on the phone.

 

 

 

Just then, he got another call from Ji Hoo.

 

 

“Yes?” He said.

“I’m on my way to your house then we’ll use your car to pick up Seo Hyun and Uee.”

“What? Why?” Yi Jung said.

“Aren’t we leaving now? You planned this whole thing now don’t make me go explaining to my girl the trip’s cancelled. You ruined my date once, I’m not gonna make you ruin it twice. Araso?” Ji Hoo said.

“Ehh…araso.” Yi Jung mumbled. He then grabbed his towel and took a bath.

 

 

After a few minutes of bath and brushing, he lazily grabbed some of his clothes and stuffed it into his bag. He actually felt a little bad about this whole trip thing. He could just tell Ga Eul the truth and confess everything but no… according to him, he’ll stand by with his decision.

 

 

The door bell rang and Yi Jung guessed it was Ji Hoo so he just answered back…

 

 

 

“Just a sec!”

 

 

 

After a few seconds he opened the door and there stood…

 

 

 

“Uee? What are you doing here? I thought Ji Hoo and I will…”

 

“Why? I was just looking around. Seo Hyun said we’ll meet here. Ji Hoo switched plans and thought of fetching Seo Hyun alone.” Uee said and went in. Yi Jung stared blankly for around 5 seconds before he could think things up and sighed….and closed the door.

 

“I’m still not done packing my things so can you wait for me while I go finish it?” Yi Jung said but wasn’t looking at her.

 

“For a moment I thought you were cute, but a guy doing anything for his girl is certainly not just my type.” Uee winked. Yi Jung smirked.

 

“For a moment I thought you were pretty and dazzling too, but a girl doing any…I mean everything for her image is certainly not just my type too.” Yi Jung said smiling to himself as he went back to his bedroom. But before he could completely disappear from her view, he stepped back…

 

“And oh… I prefer lip balm then that dark red lipstick. It’s more luscious.” He winked back at Uee at the thought of Ga Eul.

 

 

Meanwhile…

 

 

 

“Ya Jae Kyung, where are we going? It’s too early to spy on Woo Bin.” Ga Eul asked while looking at her watch.

 

“We’re not spying on Woo Bin, we’re spying on Yi Jung and that booty shakin’ cover girl on the magazine!” Jae Kyung said.

 

“Ehh? I don’t get it… we’re spying on them at… Jan Di’s house?” Ga Eul looked confused when Jae Kyung’s car stopped at Jan Di’s house.

 

“Of course, without the power of tree, there’ll be… whatever.” Jae Kyung said and honked three times.

 

Just then, a disgustingly not so well disguised Jan Di popped out of the door and hurriedly rode on the car.

 

 

“What are you wearing?” Ga Eul asked.

 

“Why? You don’t recognize me?” Jan Di sounded triumphantly.

 

“I know it’s you gaga! (babo). What I mean is, what is that you’re wearing? It’s so…well It’s so embarrassing to see you walking around with us wearing that.” Ga Eul said.

 

 

Jan Di’s wearing a white wig (with the same hairstyle as hers), a mini skirt with a fish net stocking, a pink honeymooney top with lace and a leather jacket. And oh, don’t forget those heavy cat boots (the one she wears as her school shoes in the series).

 

 

“Where are we really going Jae Kyung? Tell me the truth, please?” Ga Eul said.

 

“How many times have you asked me that Ga Eul?” Jae Kyung answered.

 

“If you want to go spy on him, don’t bring me with you. I’m not actually feeling well right now.” Ga Eul said.

 

“Wae? Are you not anxious as to why he’s dating another girl? I mean are you not worried he’d be taken away from you?” Jan Di asked.

 

“Why should I be anxious? He’s not my boyfriend for goodness’ sake! What are you guys thinking? Do I look like I’m desperate over him? Okay we go spy on them and then what? Will he be mine if I did? Answer me!” Ga Eul said.

 

 

Jan Di and Jae Kyung looked at each other.

 

 

“Aisssh, then what’s the purpose of this whole spy thing?” Ga Eul scowled and got off the car. She took a cab and went home.

 

“I told you it’s a bad idea.” Jan Di said.

 

“Actually, it’s not, I just figured something out.” Jae Kyung said.

 

“What?” Jan Di said and took off her wig.

 

Jae Kyung smiled weakly and revved her car. “Our friend’s in love, officially. She’s just scared and too blind to admit it.” And they left.

 

 

 

 

KNOCK. KNOCK. KNOCK.

 

 

“Hey there…uhhh…what are you..Woo Bin’s not here…and what are you, why are you dressed like that?” Yi Jung said when he saw Jae Kyung and Jan Di. They ignored him and went in.

 

“Jae Kyung? Hey, I can’t believe I actually met you. I was trying to-“

 

“Hold that thought girlfriend, where’s Seo Hyun?” Jae Kyung asked.

 

“Oh, still on her way…with Ji Hoo.” Uee said courtly.

 

“What are you guys doing here?” Yi Jung asked.

 

“We tried to spy on you but Ga Eul walked out on us, guess she didn’t like the idea. We can’t stop you from your trip then.” Jae Kyung sighed.

 

 

What Jan Di, Yi Jung and Uee didn’t know, was that Jae Kyung was faking it as she was planning something…unexpectedly.

 

 

 

“She walked out? Wait…is she mad? Jealous?” Yi Jung asked at the height of his astonishment. He smelled triumph.

 

 

“I think she’s a bit mad or should I say upset? But I don’t think she’s jealous.” Jae Kyung said, Yi Jung sighed.

 

 

“What made her upset?” Yi Jung asked.

 

 

“You…and…I’m a bit surprised to include you too.” Jae Kyung said looking at Uee.

 

“What did she say?” Yi Jung asked….again.

 

“She said if you leave now…with her, there’s nothing she could do and would do about it. She said… what’s the purpose of coming after you if you will never be hers anyway if she did. You just broke her heart Yi Jung.” Jae Kyung said.

 

“He did?” Jan Di asked. Jae Kyung used her stiletto to step on Jan Di’s boots but uh-oh, Jan Di’s boots just caused Jae Kyung’s stiletto heel’s a scratch.

 

“What the?” Jae Kyung looked at her shoe.

 

“Hey, it hurt a bit too…what was that for?” Jan Di asked.

 

“Oh…uh, perhaps you haven’t heard Ga Eul saying earlier. But she did say that…you were her first and last.” Jae Kyung finished with a smile.

 

“Did she really say that?” Jan Di asked again. Jae Kyung glared at Jan Di but before she could say something, she heard the door closed already.

 

 

 

Yi Jung left.

 

 

 

“I told you, it would work.” Jae Kyung winked.

 

“Oh…so that was part of the plan?” Jan Di asked again.

 

“You know, if you weren’t my friend and my boyfriend’s bestfriend’s girlfriend? I’d sue you for ruining my shoe!” Jae Kyung said.

 

“Ya, was it my fault? You were the one who did the damage!” Jan Di answered back.

 

“Well I guess, my job here is done too.” Uee said announcing her existence in the room.

 

“Job? What do you mean job?” Jae Kyung asked.

 

“You see, Yi Jung came in running for help too. He asked Ji Hoo and Seo Hyun’s help to make Ga Eul fall for him in 10 days. So one of his plans was to make her jealous, that’s why Seo Hyun had to include me in. Sorry for the trouble I caused, but trust me, he really is not my type.” Uee said and smiled.

 

 

Jan Di and Jae Kyung tried to absorb everything they heard.

 

 

“Guess you weren’t a threat at all. Thanks for helping our friend anyway.” Jan Di said.

 

“It’s nothing, it’s up to Yi Jung now…” Uee said.

 

“Oh my God, I just hope everything turns out well for the both of them.” Jae Kyung said.

 

“Omo!” Jan Di gasped.

 

“What is it this time Jan Di?” Jae Kyung asked.

 

“I remembered something. Ga Eul just told me a secret… but I just can’t tell you about it.” Jan Di said.

 

“What about it?”

 

“Ahhh, I really can’t tell you.” Jan Di said.

 

“Uhh! Then what’s the point of mentioning it if you don’t have the plan to spoil it out?” Jae Kyung said.

 

 

“Uhh, ehem, I guess I should be going now then.” Uee said and left the girls.

 

“What is it Jan Di? Tell me.” Jae Kyung said.

 

“No no, it’s better if Ga Eul will be the one who’ll tell you.” Jan Di said.

 

 

 

Yi Jung drove fast and stopped by at Ga Eul’s car. In case you don’t know, Ga Eul also granted him a bestfriend key, in which, like Jan Di, he also has a key to her house. Especially most of the times that it’s him who’s giving her a ride home.

 

 

 

“Ga Eul? Ga Eul!” Yi Jung searched the house. He went to the kitchen, the dining room, she wasn’t there. He went upstairs.

 

 

“Ga Eul?” He went to her bedroom, still not there.

 

 

 

He sighed then sat on her bed.

 

 

 

“If I was her, and I’m mad or upset, where will I go?” Yi Jung asked himself. He then looked at the window, her car wasn’t in the driveway.

 

 

 

Then he remembered…

 

 

 

FLASHBACK:

 

“Going somewhere?” Yi Jung said emptying his cup of coffee.

 

“Yeah, need to refresh my thoughts and well…release some bad spirits. I’m becoming a little devil.” She said putting on her shades.

 

“Can I go with you? I think I want to do that too.” He said.

 

“Doctor, don’t you have patients to attend to?” She smirked searching for car keys in her bag and left with Yi Jung following her.

 

“Okay if you don’t want to. Just don’t drink…too much. It’s bad for your health.” Yi Jung said and sighed when she just gave him a beep before she could turn left on the corner

 

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

 

 

He then hurriedly went to his car and drive.