Chapter 24

Delectable Sickness

Jan Di dropped by at Ga Eul’s house early for some exciting news. Being the best friend that she was for more than 10 years, she used her own spare key and went straightly to Ga Eul’s room.

 

 

KNOCK. KNOCK. And she entered….

 

 

“Wake up you ninny I’ve got some good news for you!” Jan Di said and jumped in her bed.

 

“Jan Di…get…off…hmmm.” She said and covered her face with a pillow.

 

“Fine…if you don’t want to hear the good news. I guess I should just let those workers finish your place without you supervising it. But you can’t make any corrections when I finally decided the…”

 

“What do you mean Jan Di??” She said awake as ever.

 

“I just received a call from your beloved fake…I mean husband, and he asked me what your favorite color is. I said white, so do you think he’ll repaint the whole place white? Or should I tell him you chose pink?” Jan Di said while checking her nails.

 

“Muo?!”

 

“Just joking, but he did ask me what your favorite color was and I said white. He said he wants to meet you, actually, he told Ji Hoo to tell Jun Pyo to tell me to tell you that he wants to see you.”

 

“What a weird guy, why can’t he just call me?” She said and yawned.

 

“Molla. I’ll just go check your kitchen.” She smiled and hurriedly went out before Ga Eul caught her.

 

“I haven’t cooked anything yet cookie monster!” She called.

 

 

 

Meanwhile…

 

 

 

Yi Jung was in his office surfing the net about certain articles like, How to get your girl, and Do Bad Guys always gets the girl? He was reading some until he finally opened the drawer and removed the thin sheet of plastic covering the book he bought earlier. He was having doubts from the moment he landed his eye on the book until now, should he do this? My gosh, he’s an expert when it comes to this! But does he have to? He read the title and scratched his head with embarrassment, HOW TO GET HER SWEET YES. He flipped through the pages when he read…

 

CHAPTER 1: MAKE HER MISS YOU.

 

Just then, he remembered telling Ji Hoo to tell Jun Pyo to…. Whatever. To tell Ga Eul that he wants to see her. He continued reading…

 

Make her miss you. Offering a woman every bit and piece of you will potentially extinguish her interest in a shorter period of time than if she were fed bread crumbs along the way. Limiting your availability at the onset will also raise your value in her eyes, as it indicates that you have a sense of independence. The elements of surprise and mystery work well in keeping her intrigued. Making her seem like an enhancement to your life by “taking time out of your busy schedule” to spend with her will make her feel special.

 

 

He then placed a bookmark on the page and immediately fished out his phone.

 

 

Ringing…

 

 

“Yobosae…”

 

“I just want you to know that our date’s cancelled and I’m really busy right now.”

 

“Oh…I see… it’s okay. I’ll just spend time with Jan Di as well.”

 

“Okay…I really am very busy today you know…”

 

“Okaaay? So…I won’t disturb you in your work now…go on.”

 

“And you know that….(he opened the book and read) me taking time out of my busy schedule to spend time with you will make her..i mean YOU..make you special.” He stuttered as he read those lines from the book.

 

“Are you okay? You seem…tensed.”

 

“I’m totally fine.”

 

“You are so uncool nowadays Dr. So, where’s my cool guy?” She half laughed.

 

“Ya, Chu Ga Eul, very busy hot gorgeous doctor here. Busy…I am busy.”

 

“Fine! Busy all you want. What a weird guy. Bye.” She said and hung up.

 

 

Yi Jung could not believe it when he heard that beep sound from the other line. Disappointed he got a piece of paper and wrote down…

 

 

10 DAYS OF MARRYING CHU GA EUL.

 

 

Just then, when he reread it….he sighed and crushed out the marrying word.

 

 

10 DAYS OF MARRYING courting CHU GA EUL.

 

 

PLAN A: Make her miss really miss me…

 

 

YJ’S POV

That’s right, I’m gonna make her miss me if it’s the last thing I’ll do. I’m super sure that my plan A will actually work that there’s no need for a plan B and C if things go wrong. I won’t see her for a couple of days…and I won’t even talk to her, call her, text her, but that doesn’t mean I can’t think of her…right. So, I will pretend…no… I HAVE to be busy. I need to, have to be busy… so that I will be able to avoid her for days. And when the time comes, she’ll miss me and come knocking on my doorstep saying Dr. So, I can’t possibly survive a day without seeing you, yes, I will marry you! Haha, and congratulations Dr. So. That’s right Yi Jung. That’s right.

 

END OF POV

 

 

He smiled wickedly and looked at her picture in his table.

 

 

 

“Soon Chef Chu, you’ll gonna be mine.” He said and just then… that thought somehow struck him.

 

 

Mine? Do I really want her to be mine? I must admit I love spending each and every day of my life with her, but marrying her… it means I have to spend forever with her. Do I really want that? Am I…Or…Have I fallen for her already?

 

 

He was cut when the door opened revealing a sleepless Ji Hoo, (his eyebags really are visible if you could see). Dr. Yoon Ji Hoo somehow got hooked up on a case study which Yi Jung never showed interest on.

 

 

“Can you at least knock?” Yi Jung said.

 

“I knocked like… more than five times? You’re spacing out man.” Ji Hoo said.

 

“I didn’t hear you knocking. You should have knocked louder.” Yi Jung defended.

 

“What’s that you got in there?” Ji Hoo peeked and saw the book and snatched it before Yi Jung could hide it.

 

“Hmmm…make her miss you huh? You planning this on Ga Eul? Or someone else?” Ji Hoo said reading a few lines.

 

“Ga…Eu…Someone else. Give me that back.” Yi Jung snatched back the book, and placed it back to his drawer together with that piece of paper he was working on lately.  

 

“Fine…what are you working on?” Ji Hoo said and quickly peeked on his laptop.

 

 

Yi Jung tensedly closed the windows but too late…tsk…Ji Hoo read the headline already.

 

 

 

“How to get your girl huh? Hmmm, impressive. If it’s not Ga Eul then I assume that long legged short haired y pediatric doctor I’ve seen yesterday huh? In short…Dr. Choi Soo Young? What do you say?” Ji Hoo said and took off his eyeglasses.

 

“I’ve no time to discuss this. I’m busy…busy busy busy. I need to be busy, I have to be busy. Have you worked on that prognosis lately?”

 

“Thought you never had interest on the case?” Ji Hoo asked.

 

“I do, so I will be very busy starting today.” Yi Jung said, put on his coat and left his office leaving a speechless Ji Hoo.

 

 

Later that day… Jan Di and Ga Eul decided to cook something for the boys. Next week they’ll be having their fun night, it’ll be of great help for all of them, a night filled with music, such a great relief for their stressfull week.

 

 

 

“I called Jun Pyo and he’s with Woo Bin, they’ll just finish something he said.”

 

“Good, would you mind calling Yi Jung and Ji Hoo for me as well? I still have to finish this.” Ga Eul said while mincing some onions.

 

 

KNOCK. KNOCK.

 

 

 

“That must be Jae Kyung.” Jan Di said and hurried to get the door.

 

“Tada!” Jae Kyung greeted with a bottle of champagne.

 

“Nice, we could use some help.” Jan Di said and dialed Yi Jung’s number after closing the door.

 

 

 

Jae Kyung went straightly to the kitchen to help Ga Eul, Jan Di waited for Yi Jung to answer…

 

 

 

Ring…ring…

 

 

Yi Jung was driving his way home when his phone beeped.

 

 

 

CALLER ID: JAN DI

 

 

“Yobosaeyo?” He answered through speakerphone.

 

“Ahh…Yi Jung, it’s Jan Di.”

 

“Speak louder.” Yi Jung said causing Jan Di to raise her eyebrow.

 

“Anyway, I was hoping you could join us for dinner. Jun Pyo and Woo Bin are also coming, Ji Hoo is too. Would you?”

 

“Sure…sure, where?” He asked and slowed down for a while.

 

“At Ga Eul’s place.” She said.

 

“Oh okay…I’ll be…I mean no… sorry I can’t.” Yi Jung said when he recalled his plan.

 

“Ehh? Wae?”

 

“I’m busy. Just tell her that, I really am very busy. I gotta go, bye.” And he hang up.

 

 

 

Jan Di even raised her eyebrow to the second floor…I mean to the next level. It’s weird that he refused…

 

 

“What did he say?” Ga Eul called from the kitchen.

 

“Can’t make it, he said he’s busy. I’m gonna call Ji Hoo.” Jan Di said.

 

 

 

Meanwhile…

 

 

 

“That’s right Yi Jung…you did the right thing. And every decision has its own consequences, so for dinner, I’m gonna go for fastfood.” Yi Jung said and drove.

 

 

 

(A/N: I hope your plan of making her miss you will work Yi Jung… I really hope it would. ^^)

 

 

 

 

 

Jan Di called Ji Hoo.

 

 

“Ji Hoo, where are you now?”

 

“Still at the hospital, wae?”

 

“Was hoping you could join us for dinner, Jun Pyo and Woo Bin will be coming too. Unfortunately, Yi Jung could not, he said he’s busy.”

 

“Hmmm, now that you mentioned Yi Jung, yes, I’ll come, I’ll just pack up. See ya.” Ji Hoo said and hung up. He smiled at the thought of Yi Jung.

 

 

“Busy huh? Now you got me thinking what you’re up to Yi Jung.” Ji Hoo said as he took off his smack gown.

 

 

 

Jan Di went back to the kitchen and helped Jae Kyung and Ga Eul.

 

 

 

“Hmmm…it’s weird. Even if he’s in a really hectic schedule, he’d surely find time to be with Ga Eul.” Jan Di whispered to Jae Kyung when Ga Eul went outside to throw some garbage.

 

 

“You think…he has…another woman besides Ga Eul?” Jae Kyung asked.

 

“Don’t know…maybe. They don’t have any real…I mean official relationship, do they?” Jan Di answered. Jae Kyung just shrugged and both retured to their works when Ga Eul came back.

 

 

Night came and Ji Hoo was the first one to arrive at Ga Eul’s.

 

 

“Hey, too bad Seo Hyun can’t come, but she said she’s looking forward to see you soon.” Jae Kyung said.

 

 

“Really? Aww, then I guess I would have a reason to call her again tonight.” Ji Hoo said smiling.

 

 

“Again? You’ve been calling each other?”

 

 

“5 more minutes and the chicken’s done.” Ga Eul peeped through the window, smiling.

 

 

 “Hmmm, Ga Eul, can I have a word with you? Regarding Yi Jung?” Ji Hoo said and Jan Di and Jae Kyung’s ear widen. I mean… not literally.

 

 

“What?” Ga Eul asked.

 

 

“Has he ever mentioned anything to you? About courting someone? Another woman perhaps? I mean…not you?” Ji Hoo said, straight to the point, and with this, not only Jan Di and Jae Kyung’s ear gone big but also their eyes.

 

 

“Well…he did mention about courting…but he said the one he’ll be courting is…me. Although, yesterday he said he will have a lunch date with someone…well, I don’t need to know her name anyway, it’s not my business. Why?” Ga Eul asked showing no signs of interest at all.

 

 

“Well…I caught him spacing out in his office today, with a book entitled HOW TO GET HER SWEET YES and entering into some sites I doubt he’ll be entering if it’s the last thing he’ll do…but actually did. Sites like… Askmen.com and reading articles like How to get your girl…” Ji Hoo said, Jan Di and Jae Kyung looked at each other.

 

 

“Well, if he’s seeing other woman then it’s okay with me… I don’t have the right to get jealous in the first place. Even if I love him but he loves someone else, there’s nothing I could do about it right? I can’t dictate his heart to choose where it belongs. He’s my best friend and all I want for him is to be happy. So…whatever it is, I don’t wanna know. Jan Di, your soup’s overcooked!” Ga Eul said looking carefree in any way.

 

 

“Well stated…I’m impressed.” Ji Hoo said.

 

 

 

Ga Eul just continued with her work but on the back of her mind…

 

 

 

Does he really have someone else in his mind? I hope….not.