Chapter 22

Delectable Sickness

He laid her down to HIS bed. The same thing that happened a few days ago when she got drunk , he changed her clothes without peeking for even one second. He went to the kitchen and made some coffee before going back to his room and indulging in the Big Champ he bought at McDonald’s. He the TV and decided to sit at the side of the bed.

 

“No please, take away the money. Please…No.” She pleaded…in her sleep.

 

 

Yi Jung stuffed back the piece of burger he was eating back to the plate and went to check on Ga Eul.

 

 

“No please don’t…”

 

 

“Ga Eul, sssh, it’s alright.” He said and tried to wake her up.

 

 

“No…no…” She moaned louder and woke up.

 

 

“Ga Eul, you okay?”

 

 

 

 

Ga Eul just nodded and hugged him. She was having cold sweats.

 

 

 

 

“Sssh, it’s just a dream.”

 

 

 

“I know… thank God.” She said.

 

 

 

“What was it?”

 

 

 

“They were feasting…on me.” She panted.

 

 

 

“Who?”

 

“Sun Pyo, my ex boyfriend and his friends.”

 

 

“Still not over him?”

 

 

 

“Ya, he’s my first boyfriend. Ask yourself, you’re not even over Eun Jae.”

 

 

 

“First boyfriend? You don’t call him your first love?” YJ asked.

 

 

 

“Well, I can’t call him my first love yet…I…don’t think I know already what love means.”

 

 

 

 

 

“You believed what that guy told you?”

 

 

“Of course. He said I’m such a newbie when it comes to stuffs like… you know.” She sighed.

 

 

“Is that what love is for him?”

 

 

“That’s what he said. If you love someone, you should make love to him. I think it was my fault too, I don’t think I could commit myself to him just yet. How ‘bout you? How do you find love Dr. So?”

 

 

“Love is like an illness Ga Eul-yang, anyone who gets infected, always ends up in bed.” He smiled when he realized their position. They were still hugging each other, not letting go.

 

 

“Do doctors always think that way?” she asked.

 

 

“Not really, but mostly. Feeling better now?” He asked.

 

 

“Yes, I think so. Do you mind if I ask you something?” 

 

 

“What is it?” Yi Jung said while playing with her hair.

 

 

“What does SOB mean?”

 

 

“The SOB medical people mean or the SOB other people mean?”

 

 

“Other people… I mean.”

 

 

“If you ask me as Dr. So, I’d say shortness of breath, but if you ask me as So Yi Jung, I’d say on bed.” He said and winked at her as he let her go.

 

 

“Ehhh…” she mumbled and lied back.

 

 

“Why?”

 

 

“He asked me if I could have SOB with him? All I could ever do was raising my eyebrow for I don’t know what it means at all. He said I’m the worse girl a guy could take ever. Everyone knew that term except me.” She said.

 

 

 

“My grandma doesn’t know.” He chuckled and she trew a pillow at him.

 

 

 

“Hey, I was just joking. I haven’t talked to Jan Di, or the others yet, they didn’t know what happened.”

 

 

 

But she did not respond, she was spacing out…

 

 

 

“Hey, earth to Chef Chu? My wife?” he snapped.

 

 

“Wife. Right, you have the papers don’t you?”

 

 

“What papers? Your documents? Yep, the firefighter gave it to me. And don’t worry, the cash is with me too.”

 

 

“No, our marriage contract, and everything. I know it’s all for show and it’s fake, but we can legalize it right?”

 

 

“You’re thinking of marrying me? For real?” he asked.

 

 

“Well, I was wondering…you are my best friend right?”

 

 

“So?” He said folding his arms.

 

 

“All I ever wanted in my life was to run my father’s business successfully and live my life peacefully. I never planned to marry and have kids.”

 

 

“Skip the drama part. Then why do you want to legalize the papers?” he said and sipped some coffee.

 

 

“So that you could LEGALLY make love to me.” She blurted causing Yi Jung to spit what he just drank earlier.

 

 

“Are you serious?!” he asked.

 

 

“So that I will finally know what love really means. I’m desperate. Help me.” She said with puppy eyes.

 

 

“Good heavens, I have a nun with me. You’ve never done it at all?”

 

 

“Nope.”

 

 

“Not once?”

 

 

“Not a single touch.” She said confidently.

 

 

“You’re making me commit a sin Ga Eul.”

 

 

“That’s why let’s legalized the papers and make love to each other. That won’t make it a sin.”

 

 

“It’s called .”

 

 

“If it’s lust, it’s . If it’s love, it’s not.”

 

 

“It’s not that simple Ga Eul. I could get you pregnant.”

 

 

“So? You’re my husband. I’d rather be a single mommy than be a single lady forever. You’re not looking for another wife-to-be are you?”

 

 

“No, but you’re still young, you could fall in love with someone else and you seriously can’t do that when you’re married to me.”

 

 

“Wae? Will it only be me who’ll have another chance at love? How about you? Are you certain you won’t fall for others when that time comes?”

 

 

“I never said that Ga Eul. I’m just making you realize what you’re about to go through. If we do legalize the papers, you can’t back off anymore, we have to live under one roof together, eat together, sleep together, do things together.”

 

 

“Are you willing to do those things with me?”

 

 

“Well, I could at least pretend that my wife has the same body stats like Lee Hyo Ri’s.”

 

 

“Ya! I told you, I could roast you alive if you blurt out things like that.” She retorted.

 

 

“Remember, it was you who nearly got roasted alive inside your restaurant.”

 

 

“Wait, was it you who saved me? Oh my God, I’m sorry. I’m so sorry, thank you.”

 

 

“Well…I…” he blushed when Ga Eul hugged him and thanked him. (It was the firemen Ga Eul, not him! Not him!)

 

 

“So, what do you say? Will you look for another girlfriend or will you marry me?”

 

 

“Chef Chu, did you just propose?”

 

 

“Well, i…aissh, I don’t like repeating myself.”

 

 

“Then don’t. How will I answer if I don’t know the question dum-dum?”

 

 

“What dum-dum are you talking about?”

 

 

“Nothing. Goodnight.” He said and lied back on his bed.

 

 

“Where am I supposed to sleep?” She said looking around.

 

 

“I thought you said you want me to make love to you? Come on.” He said playfully.

 

 

Ga Eul, being the innocent stupid girl she was for love, followed what her fake hubby has to say.

 

 

 

“Now what?” Ga Eul said with fingers cross.

 

 

“Relax. It won’t hurt.” He chuckled.

 

 

“Don’t you play with me Dr. So.”

 

 

“I’m not. Besides, you said you’re desperate, right? Are we getting on with this or not?”

 

 

“Okay…I’m ready.”

 

 

“Okay, just follow my lead okay?” Yi Jung said as he playfully played with the soft curls of her hair.

 

 

“Please be gentle Yi Jung…”

 

 

“Don’t worry, I will be… I promise.”

 

Ga Eul closed her eyes when Yi Jung motioned to kiss her…he bent, but did not kiss her. He just stared at her and smiled at her.

 

 

“What?” She asked as she was very nervous at the moment.

 

 

“I thought you said you haven’t done it…but why did you tell me to be gentle?”

 

 

“Okay I admit…I watched movies…okay lots of movies.” She confessed. “…and in those movies, some of them said that those words will make the guy a bit more…”

 

 

“A bit more what?” Yi Jung repeated.

 

 

“Excited...and naughty and aggressive and…”

 

 

“It’s called my dear. It’s not that…and that…and that.”

 

 

“That sounds disgusting to me. And I would not dare use it.”

 

 

“You really must leave the nunnery now if you want to learn. I’m getting a bit excited now that I badly want to make a younger version of you plus me. So Yi Jung Jr.”

 

 

“Who said I’ll name him after you?”

 

 

“I’m the father.”

 

 

“But I’m the mother, I have the right.”

 

 

“Fine, have it your way.”

 

 

“Are we doing this or not?” Ga Eul asked.

 

 

“As of now, I’m teaching you . The real art of lovemaking starts after we get those papers signed.”

 

 

“I’ll be a legal wife of yours by then…”

 

 

“Yes, you will be.” He said and kissed her lips before they….okay they’re still kissing…and…still kissing…done? Okay…oh no, not yet… and still not done with the liplock…anyway, they kissed until they finally fell asleep in each other’s arms.

 

 

 

Early morning, he woke up and took a bath. Yi Jung only allows his maids to enter his house everytime he’s not around or everytime he needs something. Ga Eul woke up too and seemed to be in a good mood. She was smiling.

 

 

 

“You working already?” She asked when she saw him stting on a chair putting his socks on.

 

 

“Yep, got a meeting. Drop by later, Chief Jung will be visiting. He could help us investigate the case. Would you be so kind to cook lunch for me too?”

 

 

“Sure.” She said.

 

 

“I’ll see you later then.” He said, bent down and kissed her lips and left. (Just like what a REAL husband would do to his wife.)

 

 

 

Ga Eul wandered around his house, she even cleaned and fixed the bed. She watched TV for some time and when it was around 10:40am, she took a bath, used the clothes Yi Jung prepared for her, made coffee and cooked lunch for her Husband-to-be. When she arrived at the hospital, Yi Jung met her halfway at the lobby and escorted her back to his office.

 

 

 

“It suits you very well. The meeting’s still on, can you wait for me? We’re about to finish already.”

 

 

“Sure, sure, take your time. Thanks for the dress.”

 

 

“Anything for you sweetie. Stay here.” He said and left.

 

 

 

Ga Eul sat on HIS chair and looked around. His office was big enough to be considered as a space in the hospital. It looked like it was an office from a big company.

 

 

Just then, as she was looking around, her eyes landed on a mini picture frame on his table. When she looked closely at it, her heart leaped and skipped a beat. It was a photo of her. Her heart pounded loudly. When she placed the picture back at its place, she accidentally moved the mouse of his laptop computer, causing its screen to reactivate. And her pounding heart even doubled its thumping when she saw his wallpaper, it was a photo of her too, with a scribbled writing below…

 

 

 

“She’s my angel in a devil’s clothing…my heaven when I’m in hell.”

 

 

 

 

She wanted to cry because of happiness and overwhelmed feeling. What does this guy really feel for me? She doesn’t know if he changed it just now, he changed a long time ago, or changed it the very first day they met. She just can’t believe what her eyes have seen. She just smiled and stared at the picture in the screen.   

 

 

 

Meanwhile, in the conference room.

 

 

 

Joo Hyeon, Yi Jung’s assistant who’s also a nurse, came in to inform him that there’s someone who wants to see him. Yi Jung, forgetting that Ga Eul was in his office, told Joo Hyeon to tell his visitor to wait in his office too. He was about to leave and check the girls when one of the doctors called him.

 

 

 

Dr. Choi Soo Young was wearing a knee length lemon dress, emphasizing her ever long legs. Wih charm and poise, she went to Yi Jung’s office as instructed.

 

 

 

Ga Eul seemed bored so she decided to arrange the messy papers in his table, hang his coats properly and washed the coffee mug which she thought he used earlier. When Soo Young came in, Ga Eul was wiping the mug dry. Her hair was tied into a messy bun but still looked perfectly elegant.

 

 

 

“Oh just in time. Can you make me coffee please? Black and sugar free?” She ordered. Ga Eul stared at her.

 

 

“Excuse me?”

 

 

“I said can I have coffee, black, sugar free…please.” She repeated.

 

 

“Ehh?” Ga Eul stood there, confused.

 

 

“Miss, if you you can’t do your job properly, then I suggest you look for a new job. Dr. So doesn’t need a twiddle-dum twiddle-dee dumdum assistant.” She said and crossed her legs.

 

 

That’s it, it’s the second time she was called a dumdum.

 

 

 

“I beg your pardon?”

 

 

“Anyway, I have a meeting with Yi Jung so I suggest you finish your work here later, And oh, Yi Jung and I will have lunch later, so you can finish cleaning up when we leave.” She said confidently.

 

 

“And you’re his?” Ga Eul asked.

 

“Well, let’s see. Let’s just say I’m the next girl closest to him besides his wife?”

 

 

“You’re like his mistress or something?” Ga Eul isn’t mad, this girl is just talking about her best friend, her fake hubby and her fake soon-to-be-real- hubby.

 

 

“What are you reporter or something?” and Soo Young raised a brow when Ga Eul just sat at HIS chair, facing her. Just then Yi Jung came in.

 

 

 

“Dr. So, it’s nice to see you again. It seems like your secreta-“

 

 

“Ga Eul, I’m so sorry, Dr. Han and I had some discussions about this recent case we had.” He said and kissed her lips. Yi Jung sat on his chair when Ga Eul stood up.

 

 

 

“Dr. Choi, you weren’t at the meeting. I expected you to be there. Oh, I believe I haven’t introduced you yet…to my wife, Ga Eul. Ga Eul, this is Dr. Choi Soo Young, a very good friend of mine. My blockmate during my college days.” He said holding Ga Eul’s hand. Soo Young seemed speechless for the moment and couldn’t say a word but Ga Eul just simply smiled and shook her hand.

 

 

 

“Soo Young, I’m sorry I just read your message now and I can’t go out with you today for lunch. My wife and I are going somewhere.” He said.

 

 

 

“Oh it’s okay. It’s totally fine. I’m so sorry for misinterpreting you earlier Ga Eul. My fault. Anyway, I’ll just go ahead and you guys enjoy yourselves.” She said and left.

 

 

 

Yi Jung continued with his work.

 

 

 

“What’s with the face Ga Eul?” Yi Jung said as he scanned some papers.

 

 

“Nothing, you wouldn’t wanna know.” She said rolling her eyes. It wasn’t a big deal for her anyway.

 

 

“Chief Jung already had the suspects who did those things to you, your café and your waiter. I also paid In Sook’s debts to them but those guys will be filed with attempted murder, and physical injury cases. Anyway, Chief Jung took care of such things. You need not be worried.” He assured without taking his eyes away from the papers he was signing.

 

 

 

“Really? Could I at least talk or see that Chief Jung? So that I could thank him.”

 

 

“He wished to keep his identity a secret.” Yi Jung said and stood up, putting on his coat.

 

 

“Really? Well, could you at least thank him for me?” She said, he nodded and smiled.

 

 

 

Ga Eul looked again on the screen and looked at him. Yi Jung seemed to figure out what she was thinking of and smiled.

 

 

 

“I uploaded it the night you took me home. After I saved you from your ex boyfriend, you gave me lift home right? I immediately uploaded your picture and…ahh… before I forgot.” He said and he opened his drawer, taking out a velvet box.

 

 

 

“This is the ring my father gave to me. It was made especially for the So clan. I thought I’d give it to the woman I’ll spend forever with, funny because I thought I will give it to Eun Jae that day when we’re together. I was about to take it out when something inside of me stopped me from doing so. Like the ring was telling me not to give it to her. Good thing I listened then, and now I am giving it to you.”

 

 

“Really? Can I see it?” She really is very happy.

 

 

“But I have a condition for this Ga Eul.”

 

 

“What is it?”

 

 

“We have to marry…properly...at the church.” He said smiling widely.