Chapter 7

Delectable Sickness

Ga Eul and Yi Jung went back to the music room and were surprised to see a dancing Jae Kyung and Jan Di. Well not really dancing, but dorky dancing. Ji Hoo, Woo Bin and Jun Pyo were jamming into a jazz music.

 

“Want to join them?” Yi Jung said taking off his coat, leaving his stylish crumpled shirt, vest and tie.

 

“I…well, I guess that won’t hurt.” She smiled and joined them.

 

 

 

Yi Jung snatched a sax on the displays and joined the three.

 

 

 

“Come on Ga Eul!” Jan Di called.

 

 

“Okay…but I won’t dance.” She smiled jokingly. She then went to the other side of the room, seated at the biggest drum set she ever saw in her entire life and started stepping on the pedal.

 

 

The three…I mean…four… F4 can’t believe their eyes when they saw Ga Eul on the drums.

 

 

“This is going to be good.” Jan Di smiled and Jae Kyung took off her shoes and started dancing…lively.

 

 

When the song…when they finally decided to end the song, Ji Hoo clapped his hands.

 

 

“My my, Chef Chu, you never fail to amuse us with your…deliciously amazing talents.” Ji Hoo said.

 

“Yeah, you got defeated babe.” Woo Bin joked putting his arm over Jae Kyung’s shoulders and kissed her head.

 

“At least, she can stand up for us girls. I told you, we can do what you guys can do. But you can’t do, what we girls do.” She said.

 

“Oh yeah? Try us.” Jun Pyo dared.

 

“Nahh, you can’t be serious. You can’t even wash your own plate, let alone the laundry and the cooking.” Jan Di laughed.

 

“My father is a chef Jan Di, he can do the household chores efficiently. But, like they said…nothing beats experience, I’m sure he’s a failure too when he started, would you like to give it a try then Mr. Gu Jun Pyo and prove us…what you guys can do?” Ga Eul said while returning the drum sticks to where it was placed.

 

“I have a better idea.” Ji Hoo said, he and Yi Jung were whispering to each other for a few seconds.

 

“And?” Jan Di asked.

 

“We’re gonna play truth or dare w-” Yi Jung smiled but was cut by Ga Eul.

 

“Ha! That’s a lame game. Pfft. I’m sure you’ll all pick truth and answer silly romantic questions like “who is your crush?”, “who is your first kiss?” “what’s your type?” and all those other freaky questions you can ever imagine. I’m not playing. That’s old school Dr. So, don’t you have any new tricks?” Ga Eul teased.

 

 

“Chef Chu, I understand you’re not in the mood for some romance, and so are we, except for these two pairs of lovebirds in the room. I was about to say…Truth or Dare with a twist. Would you like me to finish first?” He said with a mocking tone.

 

 

“Fine. What’s the twist?” She said sitting down on.

 

“You won’t be the one to pick truth or dare. Since there are three of you and four of us, Ji Hoo won’t be joining the game and will be handling it instead. Bro, you ready?” And Ji Hoo gave them the weirdest mean smile of his.

 

They went out of the music room and Jan Di, Jae Kyung and Ga Eul sat on the stairs, waiting for Jun Pyo and the guys.

 

 

“Okay, now…for the whole duration of the game, you girls, should act like men and guys, I’m sorry but you have to act like women.” Ji Hoo winked at the guys.

 

 

“Ha! Love you man.” Jun Pyo said. It’s indeed a familiar game to the four of them. They would always make sure that they’d outnumbered their opponents so one of them would have to manipulate the game.

 

 

Let me explain the game first:

 

 

Team A:                                                  Team B:

Jan Di                                                      Jun Pyo

Ga Eul                                                     Yi Jung

Jae Kyung                                                Woo Bin

 

 

Game Master: Ji Hoo

 

 

They would all do something they are all capable of, example, jumping jack, and Ji Hoo would shoot them with an out-of-this-world-question, meaning, it could be of any category or topic (it’s done randomly, they could use a draw ball). Before they could answer, they’d pick a partner. Their partner will be the one to answer the question. If the answer is correct, then their partner will choose between Truth or Dare for them to perform…and if their partner got the wrong answer, they will be the one choose between truth or dare for their partner to perform.

 

 

Example: Jan Di’s turn and she picked Jun Pyo.

 

 

Ji Hoo: What is the capital city of S. Korea?

 

Jan Di: Seoul. (Correct! So Jan Di will choose Truth or Dare for Jun Pyo to perform)

 

 

BUT if:

 

Ji Hoo: What is the capital city of Korea?

Jan Di: Busan. (Wrong! So Jun Pyo will choose Truth or Dare for Jan Di to perform)

 

Do you get the mechanics? Shall we start the game now?

 

 

 

“This is nuts.” Jae Kyung said.

 

“How can you prove your versatility in here? How can you show us you can do what we can do?” Jan Di asked.

 

“I told you for the whole duration of the game, you’d act like them, and they’d act like you.” Ji Hoo instructed.

 

“’Kay, it’s a bit boring. Game on. I’m not scared of anything.” Ga Eul said.

 

“Really? Let’s go.” Yi Jung said.

 

“Where are we going?” Ga Eul asked.

 

“Oh…we’re not playing here. We’re playing there, at good old grandma’s burial chamber.” Jun Pyo said devilishly.

 

“Muo?! Are you insane?!” Jan Di complained.

 

“Wae? Are you admitting defeat this early? We could stop already and set the winner by default.” Jun Pyo said.

 

“No, no, no, that’s not fair. Okay, we’ll go, but let us change first.” Jae Kyung said dragging Jan Di and Ga Eul to the living room.

 

“We’ll meet you there ladies.” And they left.

 

 

Jae Kyung took off her shoes and changed into more comfortable pumps.  Ga Eul took off the boots and borrowed flip flops. Jan Di was about to change to flats when she recalled something.

 

 

“Hey, didn’t Ji Hoo say that we should act like men and that they should act like…” Jan Di said and was cut by Jae Kyung.

 

“Exactly. Hurry up and change, I’ve got a good feeling about this. Do you think this’ll suit Woo Bin?” She said laughing while showing off a y red dress.

 

“I know exactly what he’ll wear.” Ga Eul jeered.

 

 

 

 

 

In the house next to the mausoleum.

 

 

 

“Hey halmoni, you mind if we play here for a while?” Jun Pyo said while touching the fine frame of his grandma’s portrait.

 

“Ga Eul actually thought this was the catacomb.” Yi Jung said sitting on the sofa.

 

“No one could tell, they’re identical.” Ji Hoo said pouring some wine.

 

“So, what are the questions?” Woo Bin asked.

 

“Same old. Same old.” Ji Hoo assured.

 

“Nice.” Jun Pyo smirked.

 

 

Then they heard the gates screeching.

 

 

“It’s them.” Yi Jung said.

 

 

They all stood up and got themselves appalled with what they just saw. Three ladies in pants, sleeves and… with beards?

 

 

“You gotta be kidding me.” Woo Bin hissed.

 

“Or should I repeat the mechanics…one more time?” Jae Kyung said and tossed the red dress to Woo Bin.

 

“You can’t do this to me.” Jun Pyo backed off.

 

“So… Are you admitting defeat this early? We could stop already and set the winner by default.” Jan Di mimicked him.

 

 

Yi Jung looked at Ga Eul who was smiling brightly with hands at her back. Yi Jung sighed with relief when he saw her not bringing anything.

 

 

“Ha! I love this girl.” Yi Jung said hugging Ga Eul childishly.

 

“Hey, that’s not fair, you must make him wear something stupid too Ga Eul-ah.” Jun Pyo reprimanded.

 

“Exactly. Something…very stupid.” Ga Eul said and Yi Jung’s eyes grew big when he was hugging her. He felt it.

 

 

Beneath those thin sheets of fabric she was wearing…she wasn’t wearing anything to protect it, or should I say, to cover it.

 

 

 

“Oh god…don’t Ga Eul.” He said.

 

“Okay…now you know I’m not wearing it and still you’re hugging me even tighter. Let go of me now.” Ga Eul said. She then fished out that one piece white laced lingerie in her inner pockets.

 

“You won’t do this don’t you?” Yi Jung asked.

 

“But since I’m drunk now, I’ll be nice. You can wear your boxers instead of these thongs. Now wear it.” Ga Eul commanded.

 

“Haha. I never thought this could be so much…exciting.” Ji Hoo said laughing.

 

 

Jan Di made Jun Pyo wear a nighties gown (you know, the ones they wear during honeymoons. That lacey see-throughs).

 

 

Jae Kyung made Woo Bin wear a red y dress with the boots Ga Eul used earlier.

 

 

And…Yi Jung, my friends, a white bra and a boxer. (Ga Eul was being nice, right?)

 

 

 

(Now which is more stupid to look at?!)

 

 

 

“You drank?” Yi Jung said while removing his socks.

 

“A little…” Ga Eul said.

 

 

FLASHBACK:

 

 

“Hey, didn’t Ji Hoo say that we should act like men and that they should act like…” Jan Di said and was cut by Jae Kyung.

“Exactly. Hurry up and change, I’ve got a good feeling about this. Do you think this’ll suit Woo Bin?” She said laughing while showing off a y red dress.

“I know exactly what he’ll wear.” Ga Eul jeered.

“Hey, I’ve got a good idea on how we can put up the scene.” Jae Kyung said.

“How? I’m never going back to that creepy place again Jae Kyung.” Jan Di said.

“Here…take this.” Jae Kyung handed them each a tall glass of spirits.

 

After drinking… Ga Eul remained silent.

 

“I think I’m going to puke. I thought there’ll be no drinking sessions tonight.”

“We both got it wrong Ga Eul, kaja.” Jan Di said.

 

On their way…

 

“Wait, I didn’t bring any for him to wear. You didn’t tell me to bring any extra clothes Jan Di.” Ga Eul said.

“Want to do something stupid?” Jae Kyung mumbled.

“Yeah.” Ga Eul shouted.

 

They stopped, really, they’re walking criss-cross already. Jae Kyung faced Ga Eul.

 

“Take it off.” She said.

“What?” Ga Eul asked.

“These.” She said and cupped her precious tots.

“Ahhhh!” Ga Eul screamed. But really, she took it off. Effects of the alcohol…maybe?

 

END OF FLASHBACK.

 

 

“Let’s start, since our beloved ladies are sweating and in the mood for dancing, let’s all dance.” Ji Hoo said and played the music. Think of any music you like that’ll make them dance…ily or dorkily.

 

 

Ji Hoo then drew a ball… and smiled.

 

 

“Ahh…Woo Bin. It’s your ball man, tell me, who’s your lucky girl?” Ji Hoo asked.

 

“Jae Kyung.” He mumbled pulling the straps of the dress as it keeps on falling off his shoulders.

 

“Sorry Jae Kyung, answer me… How many moons does Saturn have?” Ji Hoo asked with a triumphant smile.

 

“Are you kidding me? How would I know?! 60?” She then winked at Ga Eul and Jan Di and gave Woo Bin an F sign. Woo Bin, Ji Hoo, Jun Pyo and Yi Jung all looked at her with disbelief.

 

“Ahhmmm….well, that’s correct. Truth or Dare?” Ji Hoo continued.

 

“Dare, you, give Ji Hoo a . And…make it real good.” And the three ladies laughed with all their might.

 

“What?!” Woo Bin retorted.

 

“Yeah, do what I did to you. You said you can do it right?” Jae Kyung hit back.

 

 

When Woo Bin started dancing, he whispered something to Ji Hoo…

 

 

“Make sure you make the questions more difficult.” He said.

 

 

 

Next Ball…. Jan Di.

 

 

“Who do you choose Jan Di?” Ji Hoo asked.

 

“Ha! Gu Jun Pyo.” She said lazily.

 

“Okay…here’s the question Jan Di. What’s the real full name of Mozart? This is a bonus Jan Di, I know you’re good in music.” Ji Hoo said and Jun Pyo was already laughing vociferously.

 

“Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart…but that would be wrong right? So my answer is… Johannes Chrysostomus Wolfgangus Theophilus Mozart…serves you right for being so full of yourself. I pick Dare and I want you to wear this for the next one…two…three hours.” Jan Di said and tossed him Jae Kyung’s 4 inched heels. “You can do what we can do right?” She beamed.

 

 

Next ball… Yi Jung.

 

 

“I choose Ga Eul.” Yi Jung said.

 

“Okay…here’s the question Yi Jung, how many states are there in the US?” Ji Hoo asked.

 

“Oh crap. Even a grade schooler can answer that.” Ga Eul pouted.

 

“I’d say…50 states. Well, what do you know Ga Eul? I win. I choose truth…”

 

“Ehh what?” Ga Eul asked, she was expecting something worse.

 

“What is the wackiest thing that you have done and then got caught by someone?” Yi Jung asked.

 

“Well…okay…I was practicing a striptease on a table for S…Su…my ex-boyfriend and he caught me and said…”

 

“And said?” Yi Jung signaled her to continue.

 

“He said…he have never seen something so disgusting in his entire life.” She said, her head down.

 

“Ga Eul…” Jan Di gasped and held Jae Kyung’s hand.

 

 

 

Ga Eul walked out…crying.

 

 

 

“There she goes again.” Jun Pyo said earning a whack on his head from Jan Di and Jae Kyung.

 

 

Yi Jung looked at her and took him 30 seconds to run after her.

 

 

“Ga Eul!”

 

 

“Go away!” She said.

 

“Oh great.” Yi Jung said when it rained.

 

 

Ga Eul continued walking until she reached the gate…she was soaking wet when Yi Jung caught her.

 

 

“Hey you didn’t have to tell the truth. You could lie, we’ll never know.” He said.

 

“Then you won’t be able to call it truth if I lied right?” She said.

 

“That’s the problem with you Ga Eul. You’re so honest.”

 

“What do you want me to do? Pretend?” She asked covering herself.

 

“From the first time we’ve met, you’ve been so very honest with me, you opened up to me like we’ve known each other for years already. Aren’t you awkward with that? I mean, don’t you feel uncomfortable sharing your story with a stranger?” He said, removing the bra he was wearing. ^^

 

“Well, you were open with me too. And I got a feeling I could trust you. What does it got to do with it anyway?”

 

“Sometimes, you have to lie to achieve piece of mind. Mind you, don’t tell everyone about your problems. Half of them don’t care…and half of them are happy it happened to you.” He said giving her back the bra. She chuckled.

 

“Oh…right, sorry for making you wear this stuff.” She said.

 

“It’s okay…at least it’s Jun Pyo who looked the most stupid.” He grinned.

 

“I told you about my problems…which of the half you said earlier you belong to?”

 

“Neither.”

 

“Ehh?”

 

“Neither, I mean…I care about you and…why would I be happy it happened to you? Consider me as your best friend from now on. The male version of Jan Di…rather.” He said awkwardly.

 

“Thanks.” She said still looking sad.

 

“That’s not what I want to hear. Tell me, what can I do to make up for what I’ve done earlier?” He asked.

 

“No..i’m fine actually. Wearing this is enough for you already.” She smiled faintly.

 

“I insist.” He said.

 

“Do you really want to?” She made sure.

 

“Yes.” He nodded.

 

“Okay…perhaps you’re not new with this anymore.” Ga Eul said playing with her fingers.

 

“What?”

 

 

“Kiss me.”