Chapter 12

Delectable Sickness

Jun Pyo arrived with a bottle of wine. Everyone was in the living room playing with Jae Hwan and ChuChu. All eyes were on him that made Jun Pyo drop the bottle. (Good thing it didn’t break)

 

 

“What’s with the face? You looked like you’ve seen a ghost.” Jan Di said and picked the bottle.

 

“Look who’s talking? Like you didn’t look like that when you first saw us.” Ga Eul teased.

 

“Who owns that earthling?” Jun Pyo asked.

 

“Ya, what do you mean earthling? He’s my son.” Yi Jung said proudly.

 

“Oh come on Yi Jung, even I…know that he’s not.” Ji Hoo reacted.

 

“Seriously, will you tell us who the real father or mother is?” Woo Bin asked.

 

 

 

Ga Eul looked at Yi Jung and nudged him to tell them the truth.

 

 

“Fine. You win… Okay… Eun Jae called me and asked if I got her invitation and that this should bridge the gap between us. She said we should start again…as friends. So I told her I’d go with my girlfriend and…our child.” He said and looked somewhere.

 

“Aissh, you rascal. And you think she’ll believe you?” Woo Bin asked.

 

“We have evidence. Jae Hwan would be the perfect proof.” He said smugly.

 

“Right…so…shall we get this straight?” Ji Hoo suggested.

 

“What do you mean get this straight?” Ga Eul asked.

 

“If you really want to convince her, you should have tactics. Eun Jae’s not the type to believe so easily unless she sees it before her eyes.” Ji Hoo said.

 

“So what should we do?” Ga Eul asked.

 

“What will you do if questions like these arise? Where did you two meet? When is Jae Hwan’s birthday? How long have you been together? Are you guys married? Where’s your wedding ring? Who’re Jae Hwan’s godparents? When did you-“ Ji Hoo said and was cut by Ga Eul.

 

“Hold it right there Ji Hoo. Right Yi Jung, how are we supposed to answer all of that? Eun Jae would surely be not fooled by us carrying Jae Hwan around. It’s not that convincing.”  She said.

 

“Let’s just tell her stories…surely she would believe and even if she won’t, I don’t care.” Yi Jung said.

 

“Then I have a conclusion for about all of this.” Ji Hoo said.

 

“He’s completely NOT over her.” Ga Eul said and went to the bathroom.

 

 

 

After they finished eating dinner (with Ga Eul and Yi Jung struggling to feed Jae Hwan), Jae Kyung managed to put Jae Hwan to sleep. She laid him on the vacant couch and was guarded by Yi Jung, sitting down on the floor.

 

 

“So…you told us you have a surprise…what’s it about?” Ga Eul asked.

 

“Well…you see.” Jan Di said and flung her bangs flashing Ga Eul a shiny gold ring on her right hand.

 

“Oh no…no, no, no, you can’t be serious Jan Di. This is not what I think it is right?” Ga Eul asked and Jan Di sat next to her.

 

“Ya, like when I saw you outside my door with Yi Jung carrying that baby. Ga Eul…this is…what you think it is.” Jan Di said and it was Jun Pyo who sat next to her, Jun Pyo and Jan Di were like flashing Ga Eul the weirdest puppy eyes ever. Ga Eul, being sandwiched between her best friend and her best friend’s boyfriend tried her best to process what is happening… A lot have happened recently and she’s just so…in-a-confused-state for the moment.

 

 

“You barely know each other… I mean… how long have you been together?” She asked.

 

“Ahhh…that’s not important Ga Eul, what’s important is we love each other.” Jun Pyo said.

 

“Trust him when he says it Ga Eul, what he wants, he gets.” Woo Bin said.

 

“Why are you so quiet there?” Ga Eul tugged Yi Jung.

 

“Ahhh…I know…what about… we met each other a year ago when I was depressed… then I met you on a bar… spent the night with you… than fell in love with you…then we had Jae Hwan.” He said smiling.

 

“Muo? You just made me the bi*tch! What makes you think I’d let you ruin my image just to save you from your reckless acts!”

 

“Ya…what do you expect me to do? We have to convince her.” Yi Jung said.

 

“We’ll come up with a plan tomorrow. And you’re distracting me, Jan Di-ah, are you sure you know what you’re doing??!” Ga Eul asked and JunDi, WooKyung and Ji Hoo laughed.

 

“We’re just joking Ga Eul, we’re not getting married, but this is actually Jun Pyo’s gift. The surprise we’re talking about… is a trip… to China. All of us…” Jan Di said. Ga Eul looked at her, then to Jun Pyo, Woo Bin, Jae Kyung and lastly Ji Hoo.

 

“I’m going nuts with you guys! Okay…this has been a crazy...shocking… and stressful day for me. I’m going home.” Ga Eul said and fixed her stuffs (including Jae Hwan’s).

 

 

Jae Kyung carried Jae Hwan, who’s still asleep… Woo Bin played with little Jae Hwan’s hand.

 

 

“Little Jae Hwan sure got a nice reflex. Look.” Woo Bin said looking at Jae Hwan’s grasp reflex.

 

 

(A/N: the palm of a baby's hand causes the baby to close his/her fingers in a grasp.)

 

 

Yi Jung stood up and took Jae Hwan from Jae Kyung, carefully…not making any noise.

 

 

“See you guys tomorrow… we’ll be going then.” Woo Bin said and left with Jae Kyung.

 

“See ya, Jan Di-ah, thanks for the dinner.” Ji Hoo said and left too giving Jae Hwan a soft kiss on his head.

 

“I’ll go when all of them have left.” Jun Pyo said settling himself in the couch.

 

“Then I guess we’ll be going too… see you tomorrow. Jan Di, are you going to the engagement party too?” Ga Eul asked. Yi Jung went outside with Jae Hwan already…

 

“Yes.. Jun Pyo said I could come. You’re going too…right?”

 

“I don’t know…I’m not invited and I don’t even know her.” Ga Eul said.

 

“Don’t worry.. you’re with Yi Jung. Besides, you have a problem to fix tomorrow…so make sure you walk in pretty ‘ayt?” Jan Di said. She then walked Ga Eul to her door and bid goodbye.

 

 

 

At the car…

 

 

 

“So…you’re bringing Jae Hwan with you? You sure you can handle him?” Ga Eul asked and folded her arms. Yi Jung looked at her and gave her a what-are-you-trying-to-say look.

 

“Ya, I’m a doctor. I’ve held babies, wha-“

 

“I know…I know… fine then, I’ll just take the cab. See ya.” Ga Eul said and laughed to herself when she was sure that he will…

 

“Wait!” Yi Jung called and walked slowly after her.

 

 

“What is it Dr. So?”

 

 

“Where do you think you’re going?” Yi Jung asked.

 

 

“Home. Wae? I’ll see you tomorrow. Don’t worry, I’ll stand by you the way you stood up for me at the bar. I’ll act like your perfect girlfriend.” She said and rolled her eyes. Yi Jung smiled at her.

 

 

“Thanks. I know this is too much of a favor…but please, I have one last favor to ask of you.” He said.

 

 

“What is it now? Make sure you say it right this time or I will really strangle myself if you blurt out something so-“

 

 

“Can you sleep with me tonight?” He asked…shyly.

 

 

Ga Eul stared at him with hanging open…did I hear him right? Ga Eul wake up!, she said to herself. She blinked her eyes for a couple of times…and…went back to Jan Di’s house.

 

 

 

“Ga Eul! Where are you going?” Yi Jung called waking Jae Hwan.

 

 

KNOCK. KNOCK. But she didn’t wait for Jan Di to open, she opened the door herself, took the wine bottle from Jun Pyo and bottoms up! Drank the whole thing up.

 

 

“Ga Eul, what’s wrong?” Jan Di asked her best friend who seemed to have emptied the half-filled bottle for less than a minute.

 

 

“I think…I’m going crazy Jan Di. Gu Jun Pyo, your best friend is a grade one a-hole, with a severe attitudinal problem.” She said.

 

 

Jun Pyo just looked at her. Ga Eul walked sluggishly to the door but before she could open it, Yi Jung bust in with Jae Hwan crying, knocking Ga Eul to the floor.

 

 

“Oh my god, Ga Eul!” Jan Di said and hurried to help her friend. Ga Eul got a big red mark on her forehead.

 

“I didn’t see her, I’m sorry! I’m so sorry. Take him.” Yi Jung gave Jae Hwan to Jun Pyo and helped Ga Eul. (Knocked Out T_T)

 

 

“Hey, what should I do with this thing?!” Jun Pyo said trying to ssh Jae Hwan.

 

 

“Am I dead?” Ga Eul mumbled and passed out.

 

 

 

 

 

The next day…or a few minutes before the next day…rather.

 

 

 

“Ow…my head hurts.” Ga Eul said with her eyes closed and searched for her alarm clock to check the time. She wandered her hands and it landed on…someone else’s...

 

 

“What’s this?” She said and tried to search for more and she moved her hands up… Her eyes widened when she was certain of what she was holding at the moment.

 

 

“Aaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” she squealed waking the disturbed Yi Jung.

 

 

“What? What is it?” Yi Jung forced his eyes to open but it was too late when a fist landed on his face.

 

 

“You ert! I’m not going to that engagement party with you anymore! Solve your problem alone, I’m going home!” She said, stood up and looked at herself in the mirror.

 

 

 

“Aaaahhhhhh!!!! I’m gonna sue you!!! You… fake healer!” She said irritatingly when she realized she was wearing his shirt.

 

 

 

She went to him and grabbed him by the collar.

 

 

 

“What did you do to me last night? Marhaebwa!” She said. Yi Jung (who finally woke up) held her arms and pushed her to bed.

 

 

 

“Ya! I didn’t do anything to you! You’re the first one to ever hit me for 23 years! You drank too much and got accidentally hit by the door, you were knocked out and unconscious. I didn’t know what to do. So I brought you here! And in case you’re wondering, I’ve seen so many women in my life but I didn’t even dare to peek even one second on you! Goodness gracious, I closed my eyes! You’re my friend! I can’t possibly do what you’re thinking I would do! Heaven knows I’m telling the truth! I’m sorry if you felt humiliated. I’m sorry if you’re going insane every time you’re with me, but I just can’t stop myself feeling so open and comfortable with you! I just got the feeling I could do everything with you, I’m happy when I’m with you and I’m just contented having you around. But please don’t think I’m that kind of a person…’cause I’m not!” He said. He was on top of her, holding both of her hands. Ga Eul was speechless…She just stared at him.

 

 

 

“What?! Talk to me! Don’t do this to me Ga Eul! You can’t leave me like this! Not tomorrow!” He said and released her. He sat on the bed.

 

 

 

“Thank you.” Ga Eul said and sat straight, next to him. She then rested her head on his shoulders.

 

 

“Why are you thanking me..” He said…almost whispering.

 

 

“Because you’re the first man who took me…as a woman. I mean…not take as in…you had me you know… I mean… you looked at me like I’m a woman… I…I am a woman… but you-“ she mumbled with her words but was silenced when Yi Jung placed an arm over her shoulders.

 

 

“I know. Trust me Ga Eul. I wouldn’t do such thing…to you. I promise I won’t let anyone lay a finger on you.”  He said gently.

 

 

“Thanks. I’m sorry… I guess… I’m not really nice when I drank too much alcohol.” She said and they chuckled.

 

 

“Not really…whether you’re drunk or not…you’re really nice.” Yi Jung said her hair.

 

 

“What time is it?”

 

 

“It’s almost dawn.” He said checking his watch.

 

 

 

They just spent the sunup talking to each other…and waited for the first light to come.

 

 

 

“So where’s Jae Hwan?” Ga Eul asked.

 

 

“The guest room, I hired a babysitter for the night. He’s not that difficult to manage you know.”

 

 

“I see… so, tell me…are you falling for me now?” Ga Eul joked.

 

 

“What? You’re dreaming Ga Eul… Not in a million years. Let’s have coffee.” He half laughed.

 

 

“Ehh? But you like kissing me right?? Ya! Wait for me!” Ga Eul said and went after him.