Chapter 20

Delectable Sickness

 

After an hour and a half of boat ride, they were fetched by a seaplane and that took them 15 minutes to arrive at their destination. If you choose land trip, it’ll take you two hours drive from Seoul to Yangp’yung…which gives a number of launch sites connected to the scenic Mount Yoomyung. (Now, have you figured out what heaven was Yi Jung referring to? ^^)

 

 

“Omo, Jan Di-ah, it’s so beautiful!” Ga Eul overjoyed.

 

“Yes, I’ve never seen such views before. Look Ga Eul… paragliders!” Jan Di pointed out.

 

 

In a field not that far from them were group of paragliders. Just then, an idea struck Ga Eul. Before she could react to it, she heard the guys approaching.

 

 

“Okay…now, for the first part of my birthday, I want you all to meet….my beloved cousin Min Seo Hyun, an expert paraglider.” Jae Kyung said introducing a beautiful young lady whose body fits the S line like Lee Hyo Ri’s. ^^ (Mian if I sounded bias. ^^ I like Chae Young so much. ^^)

 

 

“Hi, I’m Jan Di, nice to meet you. Do you really fly those things? So cool.” Jan Di said.

 

“I’m Ga Eul, nice to meet you.” Ga Eul said and shook her hand.

 

“Nice to meet you all, you can call me Seo Hyun, since Jae Kyung is only a few months older than me. I only look more mature than her. So… are you all set? Let’s go?” Seo Hyun said.

 

“Go where?” Ga Eul asked, just then, an arm slipped over her shoulders.

 

“Didn’t I tell you we’re going to paradise?” Yi Jung said.

 

“Eeew! Not in a million years with you.” Ga Eul said and left with Jan Di and Jae Kyung.

 

“Tsk…girls…girls…” Woo Bin teased.

 

 

“Did you tell her what we’re doing?” Ji Hoo asked.

 

 

“Not a clue.”

 

 

 

“You’re killing yourself man, if luck was a cancer, you’d be by terminal stage already. She’d surely kill you if you keep on surprising her like that. Anyways, as for me, I think my luck is at its peak, I got a hot para-momma with me.” Ji Hoo said and ran after Seo Hyun.

 

 

“It’s been years since I last saw Ji Hoo liking someone.” Jun Pyo said.

 

 

“Yeah…you’re right. So let’s get the show on the road!” Woo Bin added.

 

 

 

 

Seo Hyun talked to Woo Bin and Jae Kyung while holding the harness. Ga Eul got a bad feeling that they’re really going to paraglide today. And the worst thing is, she got a bad feeling she’s riding with Dr. So! (It’s not a bad feeling Ga Eul. ^^)

 

 

 

After Seo Hyun finally managed to finished tackling things with Jae Kyung and Woo Bin, Ga Eul seemed to feel her knees shaking when she saw Jae Kyung putting the harness on. It even doubled her fear when she saw Jan Di jumping for joy while putting the helmet on.

 

 

 

“Here, I know you like pink.” Yi Jung smiled and gave her the helmet.

 

 

“Oh no… there is no way I’m riding that thing with you. I don’t want to die young!” She exclaimed.

 

 

“Who says I’ll let you die young? We still haven’t made Dr. So junior (she smacked him) Ow! I was just joking… I mean…we still have lots of years to spend together Ga Eul, so… will you trust me on this one? Come on… as a best friend?” Yi Jung said.   Ga Eul saw Jae Kyung and Woo Bin flying already. Jan Di was only waiting for Jun Pyo to finish putting his gear on before they launch.

 

 

 

She sighed… “What else do I have to live for?” she mocked.

 

 

 

“That’s the spirit.” He smiled and helped her put on the harness, her helmet and other protective gears.

 

 

 

Before Yi Jung could head to the jump spot, Ga Eul stopped him.

 

 

 

“You won’t let me go…right?” She asked in such a cute trembling voice.

 

 

“Of course not… even if you reject me to death.” He said and patted her head. He smiled when he remembered that that was exactly what he said when they were in the KTV.

 

 

 

“Wait…if in case… we won’t survive this flight, I just want to tell you…that… you are very special to me and that you are the most annoying person in the world.” She said in a snap.

 

 

 

“Ga Eul, we’re not going to a battlefield and shoot some warplanes you know.” He chuckled at her childishness.

 

 

 

She pouted.

 

 

 

“Since you’ve said it, might as well say it too… you’re the only girl I ever considered spending the rest of my life with. Even if I loved Eun Jae first, I never looked at her as a “forever material”. In short, okay… I lied. You are SO my type of girl.” He winked at her and kissed her temple causing her to blush…so much. He chuckled at her reaction and nudged her to ready herself.

 

 

 

“At the count of three…” Seo Hyun said.

 

 

 

1…2…3…

 

 

 

“Yi Jung hold me!” Ga Eul squealed when she felt her feet were leaving the ground.

 

 

 

Then she felt him hugging her.

 

 

 

“Tighter Yi Jung… tighter.” She said closing her eyes when she realized her feet were no longer touching the ground.

 

 

 

Yi Jung chuckled.

 

 

 

“I hope you’re like this everyday Ga Eul.”

 

 

 

Seo Hyun looked at the three paragliders while hugging Bunnie. JD&JP, JK&WB, GE&YJ.

 

 

 

Then there came her partner, she handed Bunnie to one of her friends who was also a paraglider and started to put the harness on. Ji Hoo couldn’t help but smile at the lovely girl who will be flying with him for the next minutes.

 

 

 

Meanwhile…

 

 

 

“Is this what you’re talking about? About me going to heaven with you?” Ga Eul shouted, they were in midair already.

 

 

“I think so… let me be your angel wings for today Ga Eul.” He whispered and held both her hands.

 

 

“If this is heaven, I’d rather be in hell.” She cried.

 

 

“Trust me Ga Eul, spread your wings…” He said and guided her to stretch both her hands.

 

 

“I’m flying Yi Jung…” Ga Eul said.

 

“I know… but open your eyes, it’s a lot more beautiful than closing them.” Yi Jung said. Ga Eul opened her eyes and saw the beautiful view of Mount Yoomyung.

 

 

“Yi Jung…it’s beautiful!” She cried.

 

 

“I know…but I could never compare it to you.” He beamed.

 

 

“You know what? Sometimes I wish my boyfriend could say those things to me too. I’ve never heard anyone saying such lovely words. I guess…I was saying, I wish what you just said and all the things you said to me before…were true.” She said and kept quiet.

 

 

 

It took Yi Jung a few seconds before he hugged her tighter and whispered.

 

 

 

“They’re true. And I’m telling you Ga Eul, I’m telling you now, if I were to marry, I’d really choose you.” He sincerely said.

 

 

“I wish they were Yi Jung, I wish they were…true.” Ga Eul uttered to herself thinking that Yi Jung didn’t hear it…but yes he did. So he just smiled.

 

 

 

“Hold on tight baby…Whoooo!!!!” Yi Jung said as they glided through the midair.

 

 

“Whoo!! I’m flying Yi Jung!” Ga Eul shouted.

 

 

“Yes you are… you happy?” Yi Jung asked.

 

 

“Yes…super happy. Thanks. You can let me go now.” She said.

 

“Let go of what?” Yi Jung asked.

 

 

“My waist?”

 

 

“But I thought you said to hold on tighter?” Yi Jung asked again.

 

 

“I’m not scared now…” Ga Eul replied.

 

 

“Sorry, but I won’t.” He said.

 

 

“Ya!”

 

 

 

“Even if you reject me to death. Period.” He said and they glided for the last time before they touch the ground.