Chapter 28

Delectable Sickness

He parked his car near the highway and searched over the place. This is where he spotted Ga Eul when he decided to follow her before. Before when she still wasn’t over with her EX. There, he spotted the girl, the girl who unknowingly stole his heart, looking far away. With bottles of beer on both hands, he went near her.

 

 

“I certainly have 3 reasons why you come to such place.” He said and handed her the beer.

 

 

“And what would those reasons might be?” she asked as she took her first gulp.

 

 

“One, you need to release some negative energies inside of you that probably made you upset or depressed the whole day.” Yi Jung said.

 

 

“Hmmm…could be.” Ga Eul shrugged.

 

 

“Two, you needed a place where no one could see and hear you drinking and shouting and doing your own thing. You liked the place’s aura.” He smiled looking afar.

 

 

“That could be too.” Ga Eul said. “What’s the third reason?” She asked.

 

 

“Because you know i’d know where to follow.” He said shortly this time.

 

 

 

 

Ga Eul looked at him. He smiled and looked at her in the eye…

 

 

 

 

“You knew I’d found out you were here even if you didn’t tell me.” Yi Jung said.

 

“You shouldn’t have come.” Ga Eul said.

 

“Why?” Yi Jung said.

 

“Aren’t you leaving today?” Ga Eul asked.

 

“Leaving where?” Yi Jung asked.

 

“Leaving for a trip…to Caledonia.” Ga Eul said.

 

“No I’m not going anywhere anyway…”

 

“But-“

 

“…I’m not going anywhere without you.” Yi Jung said and held her hand.

 

 

Ga Eul stared at him wide-eyed.

 

 

 

“What did you just said?”

 

“You know, one thing I’ve noticed is that you’ve been nice to me even without drinking the beer.” Yi Jung touched her cheek.

 

“I asked you what did you just-“

 

 

“I said I am not going anywhere….without you.” He cut her.

 

“Oh…and why?” She asked doubtly.

 

“Because…because you’re…my….lo…best friend. Right?” Yi Jung answered mentally smacking his head.

 

“Oh…right.” Ga Eul said and stuffed the beer bottle back to his hand and headed back to her car.

 

 

It took him for about 5 seconds to call her name.

 

 

 

“Ga Eul!”

 

 

“Go home now Yi Jung, you’re just stressed from work.” Ga Eul quickly answered.

 

 

“I missed you, I like you and I love you so much.”  He said and shut his eyes.

 

 

Ga Eul halted.

 

 

 

“Our deal is over, you helped me, I helped you. We don’t have to pretend anymore, we’re not really married in the first place Yi Jung. Geez! Can we cut this off now?” Ga Eul said showing the ring and removed it. She handed it back to Yi Jung but Yi Jung won’t accept it.

 

 

“Take it.” Ga Eul urged.

 

“I don’t wan’t to.” Yi Jung said.

 

“Geez, don’t be so childish Dr. So!” She said and forcefully stuffed it into his open hand.

 

“I said I don’t want’t to!” Yi Jung accidentally raised his tone.

 

 

“Why are you making this so hard for me Yi Jung? Wae? Just take it and leave me and it’ll all be over!”

 

“Why are you ending things up with me?”

 

“Because I don’t want to complicate the situtation!” Ga Eul yelled back too, this time, with tears forming in her eyes. Yi Jung placed the two bottles in his left hand on one side. He tried to wipe away the tears in her cheeks with his thumb.

 

 

“How could you say that Ga Eul?” He asked.

 

 

“I know how you’re feeling right now. You’re afraid I’d get mad at you for falling in love with someone else! That’s why I’m doing this, for you to be free.” Ga Eul said sniffing.

 

 

“Who said anything about falling in love with someone else when the only person I’m fallin’ head over heels in love with is you?” Yi Jung tried to explain while cupping her face.

 

 

“Don’t say that, you’re just breaking my heart Yi Jung. We’re best of friends right? We can’t love each other.” Ga Eul hesitated and tried to break free from him.

 

“Breaking your heart? How could I break your heart Ga Eul? How could i?!” Yi Jung scolded.

 

 

“Because you keep on saying and making me feel that you really love me even if you don’t. And I’m so stupid to make my self believe that you really did!” Ga Eul defended herself.

 

 

“But I really do love you! At some points there were times when I look at you and wished you’d see me as me and not as your best friend!” Yi Jung defended himself too.

 

 

“Lies!” She accused.

 

 

"You said what's the point of chasing after me if i'll never be yours anyway if you did? Are you that numb Ga Eul? You knew from the very start, at your first step, i'd go running for you. You knew from the very start that i'd do everything willingly just for you. You knew from the very strart, i'd never felt the same way about anyone the same way i feel about you." 

 

"But that's just how it is. You will never be mine, even if i wish you were."

 

 

"You know, if ever i will be born a billion times, i will still choose to fall inlove with the person...i love now. And that's you.” Yi Jung said, teary eyed.

 

 

“Really? Tell me Yi Jung, should I believe you?” She half smirked.

 

 

“Why are you acting like that Ga Eul? Don’t you believe me?”

 

 

“You already confessed your feelings and said you’ll court me for 10 days… I believed that Yi Jung. I did.  I waited. But guess what? You never called, text or even dropped by to say hi. I missed you. You even rejected my dinner invitation only to find out you had a date with Soo Young. The next day, you apologized and said you missed me and I thought that was the start of that. But no, you stood distance even more. Next thing I know, you’re with another girl and…I got jealous.” Ga Eul said holding back her tears.

 

 

 

“You should have let me know Ga Eul. You should have told me.” Yi Jung said.

 

 

“Why? Do I have the right to? Think about it.” She said.

 

 

 

Then his phone rang…

 

 

 

CALLER ID: Uee

 

 

 

“Yoboseyo? Uee…you see, wait, now is not…what thanks, where…Ga Eul wait!” Yi Jung said when he saw Ga Eul entering her car and sped off.

 

 

 

He sighed…deeply.

 

 

 

 

YJ’S POV

 

I can’t believe my plans have backfired…on me. She did miss me, she got jealous. But arggh! I didn’t know! How could I be so stupid! I didn’t see it coming. I should have just told her everything. It would have been much easier! Pabo! Pabo! I didn’t expect it to be like this. Why?