Chapter 10

Delectable Sickness

They were chatting for about 10 minutes already after Yi Jung placed a band aid on Ga Eul’s bruise. They were laughing when they recalled what happened on their “fun night”, remembering what Jun Pyo and Woo Bin wore that night. Ga Eul had to bring this up to distract Yi Jung from his heartbreak tantrums.

 

 

“Really Ga Eul, if it were other girl, I would have walked out. You’re lucky I’m that kind enough to wear your bra.” He chuckled.

 

 

“Well, I didn’t break any rules. You said we have to act like men…which means you have to act like women too.” She said.

 

 

“Exactly. Act like women… not dress like women.” He pinched her nose.

 

 

“Ow! Ya, it’s still the same.”

 

 

“How’s your leg?” He asked.

 

 

“It’s okay… I told you it’s nothing serious. It’s just a scratch.”

 

 

“Band Aids are like smiles Ga Eul…” He was staring at it.

 

 

“Ehh? Why?”

 

 

“They try to hide the pain… but deep inside, it hurts.” He said.

 

 

“Yi Jung…promise me one thing will you?” Ga Eul said and squeezed his hand.

 

 

“What is it?”

 

 

“Promise me you won’t go hurting when you see her again.” She stared into his eyes.

 

 

“But…”

 

 

“It only needs one thing you know…”

 

 

“What?”

 

 

“Move on.” She hugged him.

 

 

“Ga Eul…” He was speechless when he felt the warmth of her skin on his.

 

 

“I can’t stand seeing my friends hurt…and you, Dr. So are one of them. You’re my best friend. I don’t want to see you crying again. Araso? It’s such a turn off.” She joked.

 

 

“Ya…you really are something.” He said and patted her head.

 

 

 

BEEP. BEEP.

 

 

 

“Oh there’s the truck.” Ga Eul said and stood up, stumbled upon Yi Jung’s stretched toes. Good thing Yi Jung had a good reflex and grabbed her quickly by the waist.

 

 

 

“You really like touching me…don’t you?” He smirked.

 

 

“Look who’s touching who?” She said and removed Yi Jung’s hands from her waist and walked slowly to get the door.

 

 

 

 

Yi Jung stared at her and shook his head at the thought of her. This girl, if it were others, they would die just to have me hold them like that, he thought.

 

 

 

“Hey Chef Chu, how you doing? Sorry it took us a while, we stopped by to watch some kids in town. They we-“ Eun Sung stopped when he saw Yi Jung.

 

 

“Eun Sung, I know that look. Help the others move the supplies, I have to go somewhere. Jan Di invited us for dinner.” Ga Eul said and talked to her other staff too.

 

 

 

Yi Jung was looking around the place when he saw Ga Eul bringing a large box of tomatoes. He laughed at her.

 

 

 

“Ya, Dr. So, are you just gonna stand there and laugh at me? Won’t you help me?” She pouted.

 

 

“I trust your muscles Chef Chu, I know you can do it. Haha. Just joking.” He chuckled and carried the box for her.

 

 

“Eun Sung, you’re in charge here. We’ll go now. “ Ga Eul said and dragged Yi Jung out before Eun Sung could make fun of her.

 

 

 

 

Eun Sung is…gay. (is that a trivia? T_T)

 

 

 

Outside…

 

 

 

“You want me to drive?” Ga Eul asked.

 

 

“What? No… I’m actually…feeling okay now.” Yi Jung said.

 

 

“Okay then, so it’s still early, and I’ve got no-“ Ga Eul said and was cut by Yi Jung’s smack on her lips.

 

 

“You said this is used to cut the conversation ‘ayt? Get in.” He said and opened the door for the thunderstruck Ga Eul.

 

 

 

Ga Eul touched her lips. “Why do we always kiss? We should stop this or we’ll end up…” She said and got in his car.

 

 

“End up what? As lovers? I don’t mind.” He beamed.

 

 

“What? Yuck. I told you not to think of such nonsense.” She said and fastened her seatbelt.

 

 

“Why? Don’t you want to be my girlfriend?” He asked and revved up the engine.

 

 

“No…I’m overqualified to be your girlfriend.” She mocked and Yi Jung gave her a disgusted look.

 

 

“So…what do you like to do?” Yi Jung asked.

 

 

“I have a good idea. Pull over.” Ga Eul said. Yi Jung looked around and mouthed a big OH NO when he read the signage.

 

 

 

HONG KI KTV BAR.

 

 

“Ya…ya ya Ga Eul! Where do you think you’re going?” He said and stopped her.

 

 

“I want to sing. Why?”

 

 

“I’m not going in there. Never in my entire life. If you want to sing, we can buy a karaoke machine looking exactly the same as the ones in there and we’ll do it in…either one of our houses. Or at Jan Di’s…besides, it’s still too early to-” He was folding his arms when he realized Ga Eul disappeared from his side.

 

 

 

“Aisssh, this girl.” He said and went in. T_T

 

 

 

He went to the counter. And the two girls in charge were like squealing…like a pig. Literally. Ga Eul paid and dragged him along. They went inside the room.

 

 

 

Ga Eul chose the song BYUL and Yi Jung sat on one of the couches.

 

 

 

When she started singing, Yi Jung can’t help but stare at her…

 

 

 

POV

She’s beautiful, inside and out. Kind, straightforward, sociable… a girl with responsibility, a girl with a direction, a girl with a positive outlook in life. Everyone would surely fall in love with her. She’s not perfect, but at least she’s real. Ideally, the type of girl I’m looking for to spend the rest of my life with. She’s not worthy to be fooled and be played by worthless idiots. I meant what I said earlier, if she’s not Jan Di’s best friend and my best friend, I would definitely take her out… even if she reject me to death. She’s just worth it. But then…I love how we are now…friends.

END OF POV

 

 

 

“Earth to Dr. So! Calling calling… your phone is ringing.” Ga Eul waved her hand at his face.

 

 

“Oh right, sorry. I’ll just take it.” He said and went out.

 

 

 

Ga Eul continued singing while Yi Jung answered his phone outside.

 

 

 

“Yobosaeyo?”

 

 

“Did you get my invitation? I really hope you could come.” On the other line.

 

 

“Eun Jae…” He gritted his teeth.

 

 

“I hope this can be a new start for us. As friends.” She said. Yi Jung then remembered what Ga Eul said. You have to be strong. Love yourself more. Move on.

 

 

“Yi Jung? Are you there?”  Eun Jae said.

 

 

“Yeah…Sure, can I bring my girlfriend with me?” He said calmly.

 

 

“You have a girlfriend?” Eun Jae asked, surprised.

 

 

“Yes, actually… I want you to meet her, and our child.” He said, totally unaware of what he was blabbing.

 

 

“Your child? Yi Jung? What is this? Look, we can talk about this. Please don’t-“ Yi Jung pressed the END button.

 

 

 

“Aisssh…what have you done! You acted like a desperate ex-boyfriend.” He hissed to himself and went back in.

 

 

 

 

At the KTV room, Ga Eul was singing Saying I Love You. She was about to hit the chorus when Yi Jung hit the stop button.

 

 

 

“Wh…wae…ya! I was about to sing my favorite part!” Ga Eul retorted.

 

 

“I need a child!” Yi Jung blurted in her face.

 

 

 

Ga Eul collapsed.

 

 

 

“Did I just say it out loud? Oh my God, Ga Eul! Ga Eul! Wake up!”