Chapter 15

Delectable Sickness

After Ga Eul finished eating, Yi Jung dragged her all the way to the mall for tonight will be the after party for Eun Jae’s wedding.

 

 

“What are we doing here Dr. So? I really plan to go shopping overseas, but since I didn’t bring that much cash with me, I think I’ll go for the-“ Ga Eul said peeking inside her wallet when Yi Jung snatched it.

 

 

“You won’t be needing this Ga Eul. We’re not here to shop.” He said and tucked her wallet inside his pocket.

 

“Ya, give me back my wallet.”

 

“From now on, I’ll cover all your expenses.” He said smugly.

 

“Ehh? And who gives you the right to do that?”

 

“Me. I’m your husband, remember?” He said.

 

“Fake husband…FAKE.” She quoted.

 

“I could always drag you to any church and marry you when I want to Ga Eul, anywhere, anytime. Don’t you push me.” He said.

 

“Like I would allow you right?” she said folding her arms.

 

“Now you did it. You really want to get married now? So we could join their after party tonight as a couple and have sizzling hot honeymoon at the hotel later on. What do you say? Are you going to keep on nagging me or you’ll keep that cute mouth of yours shut?” He said and he was just a few centimeters away from her. She was holding back her breath and just nodded like a little girl.

 

 

“But what are we doing here?”

 

“I told you, it’s a date.” He said and held her hand.

 

 

 

They first went to the department store (since Ga Eul couldn’t stop staring at the dresses). She already picked a few of her choices and was ready to pay when…

 

 

“Omo, I forgot my wa…gosh, hey, give me back my wallet. I have to see how much I have left.” She said giving out her hand.

 

“How much miss?” Yi Jung said courtly.

 

 

 

Ga Eul looked at the dress being placed in the bag one by one, after Yi Jung has paid for all of it. He then dragged her towards the exit, carrying the bags with him.

 

 

“Hey, let me carry those, I bought it…I mean, it’s mine…even though you bought it.” She said shyly.

 

“Do you think I’ll let my wife carry all these? You gotta be kidding me.” He chuckled at Ga Eul’s disgusted look.

 

“Don’t you dare say stuffs like that! You’re giving me nightmares! I would dread to be called wife by you!” She said.

 

“Let’s just see about that.” Yi Jung said and they entered the beauty house.

 


“What are we exactly doing here??” She said hesitantly.

 

“You wouldn’t want to look like a desperate housewife tonight right?” He said, and he was about to go to the counter when he got hit by a bottled water.

 

“I told you not to make jokes like that or else I won’t go with you tonight!” She said.

 

“You didn’t have to do that!” Yi Jung said rubbing his head.

 

 

 

While waiting for her hair and nails to be dry, a guy sat next to her.

 

 

 

“Hey, I just noticed, are you Korean?” he asked.

 

“Oh my god, yes, I am. Nice to meet you.” She said cheerfully.

 

“My name is Yong Hwa by the way. You?” He said and extended his hand for her to shake.

 

“Ga Eul…Ch-“

 

 

 

 

“So Ga Eul.” Yi Jung cut her. Ga Eul gave him a glare.

 

 

 

 

“Ehh?” Yong Hwa motioned half raising an eyebrow.

 

“Her name is So Ga Eul and she’s my wife kid.” He said.

 

“Oh…really? She sure looked like she’s not into it.” He said and accidentally landed his eyes on her hand who was about to shake his hand. He then looked at Yi Jung’s hand.

 

 

 

Yi Jung flashed him his ring too.

 

 

 

“I’m sorry, but if you must know… She really is my wife. Let’s go? Jagiya?” He said and offered his hand, but Ga Eul wouldn’t take it, so he dragged her instead.

 

 

 

“Aisssh! I would have found a date if you didn’t ruin my runway!” Ga Eul retorted.

 

“Hey, don’t you have any considerations? Your best friend is still hurting and hasn’t recovered yet from his love life and you’re already finding yourself a date? Don’t you feel sorry for me?” He pouted.

 

“Stop the drama, it’s so dramatic.” She said chuckling and playfully slapped his face.

 

 

 

Later that day…a few hours before EUN JAE’S AFTER PARTY. (Actually this after-party is just Eun Jae, some of her close friends, F4…including JK, JD, and GE. It’s not really that “evening gown” party. Just sort of having fun.)

 

 

 

“I wonder what they’re doing now.” Jan Di said, she was in the table with F4 and Jae Kyung. They’re at their hotel.

 

“Drinking…maybe?” Jae Kyung said.

 

“Talking nonsense, I think.” Jun Pyo seconded.

 

“Crying perhaps?” Woo Bin added.

 

“Nope...i bet those two are kissing again.” Ji Hoo finished and all of them turned to look at him with confused looks.

 

 

“And what do you mean by that?” Jan Di said harshly.

 

“I just think they are because that’s what they love doing!” He said making Jan Di a raise her eyebrow to the highest level.

 

“You know what? I think…they’re not together now, they could be drinking, talking nonsense, crying…but not kissing! I totally forgot to scrutinize Ga Eul about those kissing moments at the engagement.” She said.

 

“As if that was the only time they kissed.” Ji Hoo laughed and left before he gets hit by a UFO. (literally, unidentified flying object, we never know what Jan Di could do.)

 

 

 

Yi Jung and Ga Eul went back to their hotel room to rest before they join in the others later. Yi Jung took a shower while Ga Eul lied on her bed. (Since Ga Eul wouldn’t want to share bed with him, they chose the double twin sized bed room.)

 

 

 

Then Yi Jung’s phone beeped.

 

 

“Dr. So, you have a message.” She called closing her eyes trying to relax her muscles.

 

 

“Read it for me please.” He called.

 

 

Ga Eul lazily stood up and took his phone from the table.

 

 

Yo Bro, where are you? You and Ga Eul in Macau already? Jan Di’s going nuts! Are you coming in or not? – WOO BIN.

 

 

“It’s Woo Bin…he said Jan Di’s going nuts why you kidnapped me!” She said laughing by herself.

 

“Tell Jan Di not to worry, she’ll be the maid of honor.” He said chuckling.

 

“In your dreams!” She said, returned his phone in the table and went back to bed.

 

 

After a few minutes, Yi Jung came out of the shower room and saw Ga Eul lying on his bed.

 

 

“Ahh this girl…” He murmured. He went near her and tried to wake her up.

 

 

“Ya, Chef Chu, your bed is over there.” He said but Ga Eul just moaned and tossed the pillow above her head, revealing her angelic face. (With loose strands of hair covering her face.)

 

 

 

YJ’S POV

 

I must admit. Ga Eul is really beautiful. It’s just that, ani…ani, we can never be…more than friends. But…I’m open to changes… and the possibilities…

 

END OF POV

 

 

 

“What are you staring at? Standing half in front of me? You’re trying to seduce me? Haha! I’m sorry, but I have standards in dating men…keep it up Dr. So.” She rubbed her eyes and stood up to get her things.

 

 

Earth to Yi Jung. He was indeed spacing out, when he realized what Ga Eul just said, his eyes widen.

 

 

“Bwoh? Mworagu? Me?...Se…Seducing you?! You really are a daydreamer aren’t you? Keep dreaming Ga Eul.” He said and threw her a pillow.

 

“Ouch. Ya, hurry up if you don’t want Jan Di’s boots landing on your pretty face. You move like a girl… aiish! Such a turn off. hurry up!” She said and threw back the pillow at him. She then went to the bathroom.

 

 

 

After they were all set, they headed to meet the others. Yi Jung can’t stop laughing every time he tried to hold her hand, Ga Eul would just let go, run and blush…as in blush, she’s so adorable to look at.

 

 

 

KNOCK. KNOCK. Ga Eul knocked and it was Jae Kyung who opened.

 

 

“Ga Eul-ah! So good to see you!” Jae Kyung said and hugged her.

 

“So good to see you too.” Ga Eul said returning her hug, then they went inside.

 

 

“Thank God, you’re okay. I almost thought something had come up again, you’re not answering your phone.” Jan Di said hugging her best friend.

 

 

“Ani…I was just having fun with Yi Jung, we went shopping. He’s such a great tour guide.” She said patting Yi Jung’s shoulder.

 

 

“I see you two are having so much fun. Eun Jae hasn’t called yet, she called earlier that she’ll just give us a ring if everything’s set. So…shall we play first?” Woo Bin said.

 

 

The four of them played poker. Ga Eul tried to call Eun Sung to check on her restaurant if everything’s fine. Then she got a voice mail saying her call is not valid then it got cut off.

 

 

 

“Damn.” She cursed when she recognized her battery’s dead.

 

 

“Jan Di-ah, can I borrow your phone?”  She said.

 

 

“Ga Eul, I can’t make international calls if it’s what you need.” Jan Di said.

 

 

“I haven’t paid my bills yet on my international services Ga Eul, mian.” Jae Kyung said.

 

 

 

 

So the least next person she went to is her fake husband…So Yi Jung.

 

 

 

“Yi Jung, can I ask you something?”

 

 

“It’s okay if you want a girl, I can wait.” Yi Jung smirked. Ga Eul gave him a light punch on his chest.

 

 

“It’s not that idiot! I just need to borrow your phone, I want to check the café. It’s okay if you don’t want to.” She pouted and was about to leave when Yi Jung stopped her.

 

 

“Ya, I was just joking. Here, call everyone you want, just don’t let me see that pouting sad face again.” He said smiling and patted her head.

 

 

“Ahhh, gomawuh.” She said smiling brightly as ever.

 

 

 

She then went outside and called Eun Sung. After hearing that everything’s okay, she was about to go back inside when Yi Jung’s phone beeped.

 

 

 

 

It was Eun Jae.

 

 

 

GE’S POV

You and your nosiness Ga Eul. Don’t you dare even touch that button. Don’t you dare… OPENING…..

 

END OF POV

 

 

 

Curiosity, she read it…

 

 

 

I need you know. I don’t know what to do anymore. I’ll lose my mind if I lost you. I’m at the rooftop building facing the Senado Square. I don’t know what will happen next if you don’t come Yi Jung. –EUN JAE.

 

 

 

Ga Eul’s heart skipped a beat when she read his message. She still loves him.

 

 

Ga Eul accidentally deleted the message and left, not telling Yi Jung anything. She took a cab, hurriedly went to where Eun Jae said she was at the moment. Catching her breath, she took the stairs…

 

 

 

GE’S POV

Honestly Ga Eul, why did you come here in the first place? What are you planning at? She doesn’t even know you! You and your curiosity… your nosiness is going to kill you!

 

END OF POV

 

 

 

She reached the rooftop building… and saw a broken-just-married-Eun-Jae.

 

 

 

 

Eun Jae tilted her head up at the sound of the door. She doesn’t know if she should be happy or be sadder at the sight of Ga Eul.

 

 

 

“Eun Jae…” Ga Eul uttered.

 

“What are you doing here? I thought-” Eun Jae asked, she was drunk.

 

“I happen to read your message first so I came to tell you something…” Ga Eul said.

 

 

“What is it?”

 

 

He still loves you and he’s too hurt to admit it. “Tell me the truth, did you ever really love him Eun Jae?” She said and went near her. She sat next to her.

 

 

It took her a couple of wine sips before she could mumble “I did.”

 

 

 

“Then why did you left him?”

 

 

“Hey, why are you asking me these questions? You’re his wife-to-be and you sounded like you…wait, how did you know about our story?” Eun Jae asked.

 

 

“Yi Jung told me everything.” And to tell you, we’re not really engaged. “Yes, he’s my fiancé, but I just want to clarify things…”

 

 

 

“Well, there’s a reason for everything, and I just can’t tell you what the reason might be.” Eun Jae said almost crying.

 

 

“I’m here not as Yi Jung’s fiancé, I came here as a friend.”

 

 

“I don’t need your pity Ga Eul. How do you think I would feel talking to the woman marrying the man I love?” Eun Jae asked.

 

 

“I didn’t mean it that way Eun Jae.” Ga Eul said.

 

 

“Actually, I’m happy you came here after all, so you’ll be the one to witness and not Yi Jung. It wouldn’t be much harder after all.” She said and took something from her purse Ga Eul recognized as….a gun.

 

 

 

“Eun Jae, what’s this? Don’t be like this. We can all work this out.” Ga Eul tried to calm her down.

 

 

“You shouldn’t have come Ga Eul, no matter what you do or say, it won’t change anything…” Eun Jae said and aimed the gun in her head, ready to pull the trigger.

 

 

“Stop it Eun Jae! I’m begging you, please stop.” Ga Eul pleaded. Eun Jae burst into tears.

 

 

“Since there’s not much time left, I guess there’s no harm anymore telling you this. I left Yi Jung not because I don’t love him anymore, but because I love him so much. I don’t want to leave him but my ex-boyfriend-who’s suppose to be the one I’m marrying threatened me he’ll kill him if I did. Broken I came back and found out he got a girl pregnant, but he won’t let me go. I tried to forget Yi Jung that time, but I really can’t. I raised his son like my own after the boy’s mother died of giving birth. One day when I got home, I saw him making out with another girl again, frustrated I accidentally pushed him, down the stairs…and he died in front of his son who was carried by his grandfather. My ex-boyfriend’s father…Kwon Soo, whom I am married to now, promised he won’t send me to jail and will help me support my family if I did marry him. A lot of people misunderstood the situation. Complicated it is, but it happened already, right? So what’s left to do now? Just take care of Yi Jung for me…” Eun Jae said and closed her eyes. She intended to pull the trigger when…

 

 

 

“No Eun Jae, you can’t do this he-“

 

 

 

BANG.