Chapter 16

Delectable Sickness

Eun Jae and Ga Eul stared at each other and looked at the gun. It was directed towards Ga Eul. Both of them dropped the gun and fell on their knees.

 

 

“…he, he loves you…Eun Jae.” She said it. Finally she said it.

 

 

Eun Jae looked at the gun in her hands, she was trembling. Then the door burst open revealing Yi Jung, the F3, Jan Di and Jae Kyung.

 

 

“Ga Eul…” Yi Jung said and hurriedly went to the traumatized Ga Eul.

 

 

Good thing Eun Jae forgot to the gun. Woo Bin took the gun from her and dismantled it.

 

 

“Ga Eul, gwenchana?” Yi Jung shook her since she was speechless, awestruck and just stared at Eun Jae.

 

“She okay Yi Jung? Ga Eul-ah…” Jan Di said and hugged her best friend but still, she was speechless.

 

“She’s fine Jan Di, she wasn’t hit…yet.” Then he looked….glared rather, at Eun Jae.

 

 

“What’s this all about Eun Jae? How did you get Ga Eul here?” Woo Bin asked.

 

 

“She didn’t…do…anything.” Ga Eul said and collapsed.

 

 

 

 

 

Ga Eul opened her eyes and found herself in a white boring room she recognized as the hospital.

 

 

“Where am I?” she asked herself and tried to move her hand when she realized it was being held by a man who’s face she can’t see. She uncovered the hair plastering his face and found her best friend….Yi Jung.

 

 

Yi Jung woke up and smiled at her.

 

 

“Ga Eul, you’re awake, thank goodness, you’ve been asleep for 12 hours!” Yi Jung said and hugged her.

 

 

“What happened?”

 

 

“Eun Jae seemed shock too of what happened. She kind of fainted too, Woo Bin and Ji Hoo took care of her. I brought you straight to the hotel room and took the next earliest flight back here. I was so worried. I haven’t talked to Eun Jae yet but I want to know what you have to say first. How did you get in there?” He said cupping her face.

 

 

“Well, It was my fault anyway. Everything was my fault. I was being nosy and I read her message, she said she doesn’t know… what…” she stopped in the middle of her sentence when she felt somewhere in her heart, she’s hurt to admit.

 

 

“Don’t know what?”

 

 

“Ehh…don’t know what to do if…the people will find out the truth of their relationship.”

 

 

“What’s wrong with their relationship? Aah, people will think how foolish she had been for letting me go? And replace me with that old ? That’s neither mine nor your problem Ga Eul so just stay out of it, araso?” he said and kissed her temple.

 

 

“Ahhh…yeah.” She said. Liar! Liar! You lied Ga Eul, you lied!

 

 

Ga Eul bit her lip and fidgeted.

 

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

 

“Mianhe…oppa, ehh, Yi Jung.” She said and stared at her fingers.

 

“Whatever it is Ga Eul, it’s okay. I don’t care.” He said, while making tea.

 

“But it’s my fault, I should not have-“

 

“It’s over Ga Eul, don’t worry, I’m not mad at you. Trust me, even if you’re the one holding that gun towards Eun Jae, I don’t have the guts to blame you or anything.”

 

“Ehh…wae?” Ga Eul asked.

 

“I know she’ll do this someday, trying to get back at you ‘cause you’re with me. I know she still loves me…but… I don’t know if this is because I haven’t recovered from the heartbreak she caused me why I’m still mad at her…I don’t know if it’s because of that, but somehow…when I saw you standing there, my heart ached for you more…so much… that I forgot Eun Jae was also standing there looking and feeling exactly the same as-“ he was cut by a pillow thrown on his face.

 

 

“Pabo! Stop it! I know you still love her! Why are you acting like a coward? Why don’t you just tell her you still love her? Okay I lied…I lied… She told me still loves you that’s why she tried to kill herself, she regretted marrying the boy’s grandfather!” She said and held .

 

 

“What do you mean the boy’s grandfather?” Yi Jung asked.

 

“I mean…father.” Ga Eul mumbled.

 

“Tell me the truth Ga Eul, what do you mean grandfather?” He asked again.

 

 

“The man she married…is the father of her boyfriend…whom she accidentally killed.” She said.

 

 

Yi Jung stared at her, wanting to disbelieve what she just said. Ga Eul sniffed.

 

 

 

“I’m sorry, I wanted to lie…but the truth is, Eun Jae’s boyfriend threatened to kill you that’s why she left you, and Eun Jae found out that her psycho boyfriend got a girl pregnant… and the boy’s mother died when she gave birth, leaving the poor boy to Eun Jae. Eun Jae was forced to marry her boyfriend’s father so she won’t get jailed. It’s really a complicated situation Yi Jung, and I think I shouldn’t be the one explaining this.” She sniffed.

 

“She did that….for me?” Yi Jung asked once again.

 

 

 

Ga Eul just nodded and cried…

 

 

 

“I’m sorry I didn’t tell her what we had was just a fake deal.” She was trying to hold back her tears.

 

“It’s okay Ga Eul.” He said composing himself.

 

“No it’s not okay… I really didn’t have any plans to tell her.” She repeated.

 

“What do you mean?” Yi Jung asked.

 

“Nothing…I’m sorry.” She said and lied back on her bed, covering her face with the pillow.

 

“Hey…are you okay? It’s fine Ga Eul. I’m not mad. Hey…” He said trying to take the pillow away from her.

 

“I’m fine, really, you can leave now.” She said as tears escaped from her eyes.

 

“But-“

 

“I said…you can leave me now.” It was unintentional but she said it with a slightly high tone.

 

 

Ga Eul waited until she heard the sound of the door. She then searched for her phone, but it wasn’t there. She can’t find her bag, stuffs or whatsoever. Then the door opened again…

 

 

 

 

 

It was Jan Di and Jae Kyung.

 

 

 

 

“Hey…feeling better?” Jan Di asked hugging her.

 

“Yes, I’m fine. You guys okay? Sorry if I caused you tr-“

 

“No you didn’t cause us anything girl, we’re just so worried!” Jae Kyung cut her.

 

“Were you crying?” Jan Di asked.

 

“Ahh no, I was just…”

 

“Ga Eul…”

 

“I’m really just…seriously, I’m okay guys…i…”

 

“Ga Eul…” Jan Di said folding her arms. (She just knew her best friend too well…)

 

 

“It’s just that Eun Jae still loves him and I think I’m jealous.” She pouted and sobbed…like a child, hugging Jan Di childishly.

 

“Muo? Wae? You in love with him already?” 

 

“Haha, Ga Eul, I knew it… this best friend thing the two of you have will you lead you somewhere else.” Jae Kyung said smiling.

 

“Ani…ani, I’m not in love with him yet, it’s just that…I’m jealous that Eun Jae loves him, AT LEAST Eun Jae really loved him, SUN PYO never loved me, he never did. I’m just so happy for Yi Jung that’s all. I’m jealous that what he had… was a tragic love story, while mine was just a stupid fairytale hopeless romantics get their selves into.”

 

 

Believe me Jan Di….believe me. I’m not in love with him yet…YET?! Yes, not yet… -GE

 

 

“Oh cuteness’ sake, I thought you’re in love already! Well, let’s just say you’re really unlucky at love Ga Eul. At least you helped him, whether the two of them will get back together, or not… you’ve done your part. There’s no need to be so sad about it.” Jan Di and Jae Kyung sighed. They were really thinking that Ga Eul was jealous because she loves Yi Jung already.

 

 

 

Yi Jung was spacing out in his office. He opened his file cabinet and there was a velvet box hidden in between the files. He pulled it out and opened it. The gold ring with the carved initials of EJ & YJ made him shed a tear.

 

 

You left me because you wanted me to be happy? But that’s bullsh*t Eun Jae! You know I can only be happy when I’m with you! You should have told me what that guy was planning, we could have done something… we could have. Ga Eul… you shouldn’t have told me this, even if it was the truth, you should have just kept it from me. I wouldn’t want to complicate the situation, not now that I’m trying to open myself for the possibility of loving you.