Chapter 1

Delectable Sickness

 

8AM

 

It was a very special day for Ga Eul. It was their 1st anniversary and she couldn’t wait for HIS call. Although they only go out 1 or twice a month because he’s a “very busy” guy… she was sure HE would never forget such occasion. 

 

 

12PM

 

Since her phone didn’t ring since this morning, she thought that HE was planning a surprise for her so she waited patiently. She’s having fantasies whether it’ll be a romantic dinner in a romantic restaurant, or a romantic getaway to a romantic place. She indulged herself with her imaginations and day dreaming.  She was starting to get impatient when she realized she had been lying in her bed the whole day. So, to prevent her “hot head” from bursting, she decided to take a shower.

 

 

She looked at the clock… 5PM.

 

 

“Why is he not calling me yet? Should I call him first? Ani…ani, he should remember!” Ga Eul said to herself while drying her hair.

 

 

 

It was 7PM when Ga Eul decided to call HIM.

 

 

Ring…ring…ring…

 

 

“Yobosaeyo?” on the other line.

 

 

 

“Oppa…”

 

 

 

“Oh Ga Eul…you called. Is there a problem?”

 

 

“Oppa…what are you saying?”

 

 

“You see, I’m kinda busy right now. So if there’s anything you want to tell me, can you just text me or email it to me.”

 

 

“But…”

 

 

“See ya Ga Eul. Bye.” Beep. Beep.

 

 

Before Ga Eul could put down her phone, tears started to rush down her cheeks. She could accept the fact that he’s busy, and they could just go out some other day… but leaving her like thatjust broke her heart.

 

 

 

Then she got a call…she started to smile.

 

 

 

 

“Oppa…I knew…”

 

 

“Chae Young, sorry baby I got a call from an obsessed ex of mine. I’ll meet you at Pulse tonight. Chae Young? You there?”

 

 

 

 

“It’s Ga Eul...you bastard!” then she ended the call and burst into tears.

 

 

 

 

 

Then her phone rang again…

 

 

 

 

“ you, you…son of a b*tch! Don’t you ever show yourself if you don’t want to get chopped alive!”

 

 

 

“Ga Eul-ah…what did I do? What did I do? I’m sorry…”

 

 

 

“Jan Di-ah?”

 

 

“Yes…I’m really sorry for…whatever…”

 

“Ohh…mianhae Jan Di, I thought you were someone else. Sorry…really, I’m sorry.”

 

 

 

“Actually, I’m outside your house right now.”

 

 

“Now?”

 

 

“Yes…”

 

 

“Really?”

 

 

“Yes.”

 

 

“Why?”

 

“Ga Eul-ah, would you mind opening the door for me? I suggest we should talk in person and not on the phone.”

 

 

 

“Oh yes, sorry… wait a minute.”

 

 

 

 

Ga Eul opened the door and there stood her best friend.

 

 

 

“I’m so sorry Jan Di, I really thought you’re-“

 

 

 

“Are you crying?”

 

 

“No…I was just-“

 

 

 

“You cried didn’t you?”

 

 

 

“Jan Di-ah, I’d rather not talk about it.”

 

 

 

“But…” Jan Di insisted but Ga Eul cut her.

 

 

 

“Why are you here anyway?”

 

 

 

“Oh…I forgot to tell you ahead…”

 

 

 

“What?” Ga Eul asked.

 

 

“I want you to come with me on our date.”

 

 

 

“On your what?!”

 

 

 

“Date..you know, the guy I’m talking about. Gu Jun Pyo, I told him I’m bringing you with me so he said he’ll bring someone too.”

 

 

 

“How could I forget? You’re dating a tycoon. But I’m not in the mood for blind dates Jan Di and besides…”

 

 

 

“I know you’re heart broken.”

 

 

 

“How?”

 

 

 

“I just sensed it, and I knew that guy was a troublemaker-heartbreaker from the start!” Jan Di retorted.

 

 

 

“But…I’m not dressed up, i’ll just catch up with you later, I think I needed a drink too.” Ga Eul said.

 

 

 

“Be sure to catch up okay? Or you’ll be chased by me. Here’s where.” Jan Di handed Ga Eul a card.

 

 

 

“Samwon Garden. Hmmm, sounds fancy to me.” Ga Eul said when she read the card and closed the door behind her.

 

 

 

 

After minutes of contemplating what she’ll wear, she received a text from Jan Di asking her where she is already. So, she took her car keys and hurriedly headed to her car.

 

 

 

While driving, she tried to apply lipstick. She was looking at herself in the mirror and didn’t realize the traffic light went red already….

 

 

 

Ooooopsss….

 

She almost hit…well, she did hit the car’s bumper. Luck was on her side for there were only minor scratches, she sighed with relief. Then the driver of the car got out and she crossed her fingers.

 

 

 

“Miss, I would like to hear your VALID reason for totally ruining my car.”

 

 

 

“You see…” Ga Eul flipped her hair and tied it into a quick messy but classy bun.

 

 

 

“Ahhh…I see. You’re trying to give yourself a make over?”

 

 

“Excuse me?” Ga Eul asked.

 

 

“Your lips.”

 

 

“What?”

 

 

The guy pointed out her lips but Ga Eul just stared at him with confusion so he wiped the smudge with his thumb, giving her a slight pinch on her cheek.

 

 

 

“Ya, what was that for?” she said fiercely.

 

 

 

“Your lipstick smeared.” He said.

 

 

 

Ga Eul looked at him from head to toe, he was gorgeous. But…this young lad sure looks like big time. From his car, to his clothes, to his smile… he was like a prince in the modern day fairytale.

 

 

 

“What’s your name?”

 

 

“Ehh…why?” Ga Eul asked defensively.

 

 

“I have to know your name so that my lawyer could contact you.”

 

 

“For what?”

 

 

“What you did to my car, remember?”

 

 

“But they’re just minor scratches! I could fix that, there’s no need to call for a lawyer!” She exclaimed.

 

 

“Fine, give me your number.”

 

“I don’t have a telephone.”

 

 

Then her cell phone rang…

 

She cursed whoever was calling her right now, but when she looked at the caller ID, it was Jan Di...

 

“Jan Di-ah, I’ll be there in a minute…Jin jja? Araso…araso. I’m coming.” Before she could put down her phone, the guy gently smiled while holding his phone in front of her.

 

 

“Ya…why are you smiling like-“

 

 

 

“1…2..3..smile.” then a flash from his phone made Ga Eul’s eyes grew bigger.

 

 

 

“Ya! What was that for? Give me that!” She tried to steal his phone but he was too tall for her to reach.

 

 

 

“Since you won’t give me your name and number, I guess a picture will do. See yah when I already finalize the bill.” Then he left.

 

 

 

“Wait…what’s your name….” she tried to shout but then her voice faded away as the car disappeared from her view.

 

 

 

Her phone rang again…

 

 

 

 

“Geez, she’s going to kill me…Jan Di-ah, coming! 1 minute.” She then sped up.

 

 

 

Samwon Garden…

 

 

 

“Finally!” Jan Di exclaimed when she saw Ga Eul.

 

Ga Eul realized she and Jan Di weren’t the only “girls” for tonight. In fact, there are 2 other girls sitting next to two more gorgeous looking guys. She was frozen for the moment, she haven’t gone to double…make that quadruple dates before. Ga Eul went to Jan Di and squeezed her hand when she was finally seated.

 

 

 

“I thought you and I were the only one go-“

 

 

“I thought so too…” Jan Di cut her.

 

 

 

“Ahh, Gu Jun Pyo, this is my best friend, Chu Ga Eul. Ga Eul-ah, this is Gu Jun Pyo…my date.”

 

 

“What do you mean your date? I’m her boyfriend.” He reacted. Ga Eul chuckled.

 

 

“Whatever…and this is Woo Bin sunbae…and Ji Hoo sunbae…with their girl…dates.” Jan Di half smiled.

 

 

 

“Jun Pyo-ah, we’ll be going there first, we’ll meet you there later. Nice to meet you Ga Eul.” The guy Jan Di introduced as Woo Bin said. Jun Pyo just gave him a nod.

 

 

 

 

“I’m sorry I’m late, I got stuck with someone on my way here.”

 

 

“Yi Jung-ah, what took you so long? We’re starving. Woo Bin and Ji Hoo left already.” Jun Pyo commented.

 

 

 

Ga Eul stood up when she realized it was the guy earlier…

 

 

 

“You?!” they both said.

 

 

 

“You know each other?” Jan Di asked.

 

 

“Ani…we just met. Mind if you introduce her to me Jan Di?” Yi Jung smiled at her.

 

 

“Oh…sunbae, this is my best friend, Ga Eul…Chu Ga Eul. Ga Eul-ah, meet So Yi Jung...”

 

 

 

Ga Eul bit her lip in embarrassment. They were having a quiet dinner with a few chitchats and getting to knows. After they managed to finish dinner, Yi Jung got a phone call from Woo Bin.

 

 

 

“Really? Okay…we’re coming.” Yi Jung smiled…at her. She blushed.

 

 

 

“Let’s go?” Jun Pyo extended his hand to Jan Di. Jan Di took it and left the restaurant first, leaving Ga Eul with Yi Jung.

 

 

“I guess…it’s you and me again.” He, too, gave her his hand. She shyly held it and Yi Jung lead her out the restaurant.

 

 

 

Since Ga Eul has her own car, they would have to separate ways and just meet there. Wait, where are they going?

 

 

 

“Ahh…oppa, where are we going?” Ga Eul asked him.

 

 

 

“Oppa? I like that Ga Eul-yang… We’re going to Pulse, would you mind if we use your car?”

 

 

“What’s wrong with yours? I didn’t broke your-“

 

 

“Don’t worry, I won’t let you pay for anything.” He took her car keys and opened the door for her.

 

 

 

While they were on their way to PULSE…

 

 

 

“Wait, where did you say we’re going again?”

 

 

“Pulse…it’s a night club. Why?”

 

 

“Would you do me a favor?”

 

 

“What are the stakes?” Yi Jung smirked.

 

 

“Since, I don’t have my salary yet…why don’t I cook you dinner for some time?”

 

 

“Why don’t you cook my meal for a month?” He suggested.

 

 

“A month? Hmmm… I guess that would be okay.”

 

 

“You’re a chef anyway.”

 

 

 

“How did you find out about that?!!” She shockingly asked.

 

 

“I have my own ways. So what’s the deal?”

 

 

“Will you be my boyfriend?”

 

 

 

Yi Jung hit the break…as in full break.

 

 

“Ouch!” Ga Eul said when she hit her head with the car’s window. I mean, her head was hit by the car’s window…or whatever, you know what I’m talking about. ^^

 

 

 

“You’re fault, I was just a bit surprised with what you said. Why? You hopeless romantic or something?” Yi Jung smirked and started to drive again.

 

 

 

“No…I’m not what you think I am. It’s just for tonight, pretend you’re my boyfriend.”

 

 

“I sense revenge…can I hear the whole story before I agree?” He uttered.

 

 

“Well…today’s our 1st anniversary and he cheated on me, I guess he cheated a long time ago and I was just too blind to see it. I think he’s in that club now and I just want to show him what he just lost.” Ga Eul said playing with the hemline of her dress. Yi Jung couldn’t help but stare at her fingers…and legs.

 

 

 

Yi Jung hit the break…as in full break….again.

 

 

 

“What is it now?!” Ga Eul exclaimed.

 

 

“Could you stop doing that? It distracts me!” Yi Jung pointed her out. Ga Eul smirked at his reaction.