030

Regrets

"So you found out about it," she replied softly, while staring at the younger male before her. Seohyun scanned through his eyes. or his expressions to figure out whether he was mad or what, but his face showed no expressions. "I am sorry," Seohyun whispered softly, while lowering her head. 

Jongin then shook his head, and reached out to push her chin up," I just want to know the reason. I am not going to scold you or anything, I am just curious like why. Six years, and nothing progressed." 

"I-I wasn't ready for it. I accepted his confessions to be his wife, because I love him. But then, at that point of time, I was only thinking about the status as his wife and having children never crossed my mind. I was scared that he might leave me one day, and he never brought up the topic of having children. It waans't his fault, because I stopped him. I told him I wasn't ready, and I can still remember the face he showed me. Six years to him have been torturing him, but he said he will wait. I promised him that I will be ready, and I did. I wantted to give myself to him when I flew over there to surprise him, I was ready but then, the whole thing just happened." 

Jongin then embraed the older latter, who was tearing up slightly. "He thought that I love you more than him, and then it just happened. B-But the truth was I wasn't ready. Six years, I wasn't ready because I had insecurities of myself, and he had no idea about it. Six years tore him apart, and I could understand when he decided to head out and have-have with other girls, but I never expected it to be my best friend. Furthermore, h-he promised to wait, but he didn't. Of all girls, h had to choose her, and that was when my whole world came crashing down."                                                              

"He said it was because you still love me more than him." 

Seohyun then looked at her boyfriend, while blinking her tears away," He is half right. I do love you, but then, I love him more during that time because I didn't get to see you to hang out with you. But then, you were never the reason to why we never do it. You are not my reason. Never had you stopped that. He was wrong about that thinking." 

"I just want to tell you that now that I have my arms around you, I will never let you go. No matter what you are going through, your insecurities and everything else, I am here to share them with you. This might be too early, but I can imagine the rest of my life with you and our future together. You might not want to listen, but I love you and I will do anything for you. For now, just let me be your pillar, be by your side so that I can help you and love you more. Don't push me away like how you did to him, because no matter how far you push me, I will always come running back to be by your side. Simply because, I love you and I don't want to make any more regrets to hurt the both of us." 

Seohyun then wrapped her arms around his waist, while pressing her ear to his chest as she listened to his thumping heart. "I-I don't want to regret anything else either, Jongin-ah. I-I love you, and thank you." 

 

***

A month passed by in a blink of an eye, and the huge group of them was standing at the front of the departure heart surrounding the male in the middle of them. "Are you sure that you want to go back now? I mean, you still haven't get your answer right, and furthermore, you aren't really back into the old you," Sehun asked while staring at the older male with furrowed eyebrows. 

"I-It is fine. It is too long for me to go on a break, and also, my colleagues need me back there at the hospital. THere is nothing to worry, guys, I will send an email to Hun to let you know that I am doing fine so that you guys need not worry about anything," Luhan chuckled, while waving his hand. He then lifted his passport," I can't stay here too long either, it is a place where too many events just unfold and it is considered quite unplesant." 

Jongin then piped out," One more thing, Seohyun send her regards to you and that she wishes you a safe trip back Beijing. Send her an email too, for I am sure that I am sure she will be glad to receive it." 

"I will, and why couldn't she come today?" 

"She got a case today, and she doesn't want Sehun to follow along since she knows that you are flying off today. But, don't worry, she'll be fine. Hun and I will be heading back later to pack up things," the tanned male shrugged his shoulders,  while slinging his arm Kyungsoo, who nudged him in the ribs. 

Luhan nodded his head, while taking a step back," I guess, I got to go now. Overall, thank you guys for everything and I really do appreciate it. I will come back every three months to pay you all a visit." 

"We will remember that, so keep that promise," Yifan held out a fist, and Luhan returned it with a smile. Just as the same, Jongin's phone vibrated in his pocket. 

 

Seohyun watched as Jongin and Sehun took their leave in the morning before heading back to her room. She wasn't going for any case or what, she lied. She lied because she had something else to do. Something more important. 

"What time is her flight, and where is residing now?" she spoked into her phone, while grabbing her bag along with her keys. Heading out to the front yard, she threw her bag into the passenger's seat, while she boarded the car. Hanging up on the car, Seohyun slided the keys into her keyhole and turned right as her vehicle let out a loud roar. 

Seohyun then looked at her watch, and mumbled," I got to make it in time." Stepping on her pedal, she headed towards the direction that was displayed on her hadnphone. Bitting her lips tightly, she even gripped the steering wheel tigther, afraid that it might ffly out of her hands. 

"Hello, Seohyun speaking," she answered the phone, that was ringing and was surprised to hear Jongin's voice. "J-Jongin! I am head to the court, obviously. Don't worry silly, I will remember to eat my lunch, and you better do a proper farewell to Luhan oppa. Tell him that I am really sorry that I couldn't make it, but my blessings are always with him." 

The latter then chuckled, and hummed in response before hanging up. Seohyun then whispered softly," I am so sorry, guys, but I have to do this for everyone's sake." 

 

***

Yoona tugged her bag behind her, while holding her phone with her other hand. "I am heading for the appointment, and then I will be taking the plane back to Beijing. Oppa, there is nothing for you to worry. Luhan oppa is probably mad at you and stuff, so just sort things out. I don't want any brutal things to happen." The female then slidded her phone into her bag, while trying to flag down a taxi. 

"How long do you plan to run?" 

Yoona froze in her tracks, as her hand went down to her side while turning her head to see Seohyun standing just a few feet away from her. "S-Seohyun," she stuttered at the sight of the younger lady, who was gripping her phone tightly. 

"How long more? He is returning today, and don't you think he deserve some kind of explanation from you? Running awy won't solve anything, so, please tell him everything instead of doing all these." 

"You don't know anything about me, okay? Just get the hell out of my sight. Do you know something? The sight of you holding his head at the church during the wedding, do you know how much it tore me apart to-to give you both my blessings and everything? I-I was hurting in the inside, but I gave a strong smile on the outside. How can you make such a fool out of me?" 

Seohyun then frowned," I didn't made a fool out of you. You made a fool out of yourself. Look at yourself, running away and cheating on people, is that the only thing you know how to do? I apologise for not acknowledging your feelings towards him, and selfishly snatching him away from you, for that I am sorry. But, now it is your time to say sorry to him. I don't blame you for hooking up with him because I forced him to." 

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"I didn't want to have with him, so six years of torture ended when he found you. I couldn't blame him, and I realised that I played a part with this. But for this, what did he do wrong to you? He loves for God's sake, Yoona! Stop being a fool, and going around to toy with him. Breaking his heart once by knowing that the child inside you isn't his isn't enough for you? Now, you are running away with the truth. What is the point? He needs the explanation, and he will forgive you because he loves you." 

Yoona then clenched her fists, while glaring at the younger girl," He won't forgive me because all this while, he loves you only. I was just a replacement of you in his heart, and everywhere. The ual was nothing, honestly. I thought he will learn to love me, and everything but no. He still loves you more than me, and I am sick of being his second choice. He deserves all these, and furthermore, the father of this child loves me for who I am, and treats me well unlike Luhan. Ever since the both you met again, my whole world came collasping down and it was horrible." 

"Don't push the blame to me. I did nothing. I neer sedcued him, so don't make the culprit here. You made the wrong move, and you started all these. You choose this damn road, and you walked down it. Meeting him again doesn't mean that we can be together anymore, because, Luhan oppa is just a friend to me. A special friend who I care for, and I love but he will never ever be the one I love forever." 

"Stop lying to yourself. You are selfish, so you love both guys and try to snatch from me. Can't you see that everything you are doing is just ruining my life? I hate you, and I hate your guts so much that I really really want to kill you so badly!" 

Seohyun took a step forward, and Yoona took a step backwards. "What? Are you going to grab me and arrest me and bring me to them? So what, I do what I want and I don't follow some 's rules." 

'Stop this. Luhan oppa needs you, and he loves you. I can assure you that he will never love me again, I can promise you that. He is all yours, so please, stop hurting him and yourself!" 

"Don't act like you are the good one here. I know the real you. The selfish, and the most horrible person on Earth." 

The younger lady then exclaimed," For Pete's sake, stop acting like this Im Yoona. I am sick of this attitude. I came here to apoloise and you just yelled your head because I stole your Luhan. He is all yours, and he is wating for you. Is following me back to the airport that hard?" 

"Yes, because you have no idea how much I want to kill you. No idea." 

Seohyun took a step forward, and Yoona stepped onto the road where the latter widened her eyes. "Yoona, don't! You have a child, and he or she has a life, so think! Think for yourself and the baby." 

"I don't care about the baby or whatever. Just go away!" 

"Yoona!" Seohyun cried out in horror, as the older lady took a few steps forward, without removing her gaze off Seohyun. The younger latter heard a loud horn, that rang throught her ears, and she screamed," Eonnie!" 

It took just a second, and a loud bang can be heard. Just a second, and it was from there, where she began to regret." 

 

"Hello? This is Jongin. Yes, I am her boyfriend. W-Why? Did something happen to him?" Jongin answered his call while taking a few steps away from the group while pressing the phone closer to his ear. The other stopped their talking, as they spotted the frown across the younger male's face, before his eyes widened. 

Kyungsoo then took a step forward, just as Jongin dropped his phone onto the floor. "Jongin? Jongin!" The shorter male then grabbed the taller one by his shoulders, and shook him. "Hey, are you okay?" 

"S-S-Seohyun is in ths hospital!" the younger male gulped, while looking at his hand with lost eyeays. Jongin's legs then gave away, as he collasped into the male's arms while holding on to Kyungsoo's hands tightly. "Hyung, I-I need to get to the hospital now." 

The others then began to throw questions, until Kyungsoo shushed them down. "Jongin-ah, calm down and explain. What happened to her?" 

"A-Accident." 

Sehun then looked at Luhan, whose face paled for a second, before exclaiming," We need to get to the hospital now. Right now!" "Your flight," Sehun whispered, as the doed male shook his head. "Hospital. It is more important, so let's go. Don't let Jongin drive. We have to get there in time." 

"Which hospital is she being sent to?" 

Jongin then staggered to his feet, with Kyungsoo's help as he messed his hair up," S-Seoul Hospital." 

 

***

"May I know which ward is Seo Joohyun in?" Luhan asked, as the large group of them approached the front counter. The nurse then began clicking on the computer, before looking at them," Miss.Seo is in ward 2801, which is on the second level. May I know who you are?" 

Jongin then stepped forward, and swallowed nervously," I am her boyfriend. Did anything happened to her?" The nurse shook her head, while clicking away on the computer. "However, when she entered this hospital, she was accompanied along with another pregnant lady, by the name of Im Yoona. Do you know who she is because she seems to know and acknowlegde Miss.Seo." 

"I-Im Yoona?" Luhan echoed, and the nurse nodded her head. "She is in the doctor's room, and will be placed in the ward beside Miss.Seo for she has scratches or bruises. But, I think she is talking to the doctor about her child inside her. Is anyone of you all related to her?" 

Luhan then asked," I am her f- boyfriend. May I know where is the doctor's room?" 

 

Jongin burst through the doors, and was relieved to see Seohyun lying on the bed with just a broken arm and bandaged ankle. He the dashed to her side, before embracing her gently," Oh my god, you scare the hell out of me just now. What were you thinking?" 

"I am so sorry. I dind't mean to scare you guys, I am so sorry," the latter bit her lips, while looking at all her friends, who were wearing a relieved smile. Jessica then sat down beside her, and patted her head," Aren't you supposed to be in the High Court defending someone? Why were you wandering outside?" 

Jongin then pulled back, and looked at his girlfriend with curious eyes. "I lied. I had no case or any person to defend at all. I went to find Yoona eonnie to talk to her, and to beg her to just give an explanation and then she kind of reacted differently, and went onto the road." 

"Oh my god. Is she okay?" Yuri clasped , and Seohyun gave a small smile," She is fine. I think she is seeing the doctor due to her baby or something. We kind of argued because she wants to abort the baby, and resume her normal life. Then, there was this ongoing truck coming, and this happened." 

Taeyeon then frowned," W-Why did you lie to us?" 

"Because a month has passeed, and there were no news about her. All of you gavev up, but I hired somebody to find her and give me her current location and I went to find to talk things through her brain, but nit didn't really work out. But for now, the explanation has to wait. She can't abort that baby. That child inside her is at least a few months old, and he or she has a life. Yoona eonnie is going to kill the child. Please, do something." 

The others threw looks at one another, and Jessica said," Luhan is with her." 

"He can't convince her. I swear, there has to be more than one person. She has is carrying the life on her hands, and we can't just stand aside and let do such a cruel thing. She can leave the child alone after the birth by placing him or her in the orphanage, but not by killing it!" Seohyun cried in horror, as Jongin shushed her down by giving her a embrace. 

Taeyeon then sighed," We will go. But for now, Jongin will stay with you to look after you. No more hiding the truth or anything else, Seo Joohyun or else I am going to make sure you are staying with me. Come on, let's go." 

As the door closed, the huge group of them has disappeared into the corridor, leaving the couple in the room. Jongin looked at his girlfriend, and asked," Why didn't you tell me?" 

"I thought that I-I was the problem and maybe, I could solve it on my own. Yuri eonnie, she was right. She said that I started all these, and if I-I told you that I like you back then, all these wouldn't had happened and now, someone is going to abort the child and I feel so ho-" 

Jongin cut her off, by pressing his lips against hers. A few seconds later, he pulled apart, while carressing her face," Don't ever think that you are the one who cause this. You are probably the most nicest friend ever, and I am pretty sure this wasn't your fault at all. One cannot hide feelings, and I know that you are putting all the blame on yourself, but please don't. Noody is blamng you. They understand, and they didn't say you started all these." 

"B-But-" 

"Trust me. Everybody in this group played a part here, and I played one too. I fall for you, but I don't regret it because, I know that you will be the last girl I ever love. That child inside her is going to live, and everything else will resume back to normal. Stop feeling so insecure or useless, or anything else. You have me, so share me with your problems, instead of hiding them inside." 

Seohyun then buried her face inside Jongin's chest, as she cried. She wasn't sad or anything, but she was glad. Glad that she finally has someone to talk to about her problems, instead of facing them alone. Her insecurities can be cured, and solves with him beside her now. She need not think through problems by herself. Seohyun has no regrets loving Jongin. 

 

"This is crazy. You can't just abort the child!" Luhan shouted, while looking at Yoona with disbelief. Yoona was staring at the small screen, which showed the ultrasound scan of the child inside her. "D-Did he even agree to kill the child?" 

Yoona then replied," This is my child, I do what I want with it." 

"Are you stupid or something? You are doctor for Pete's sake, and you choose to kill a living creature. Are you even a human? That baby inside of you is moving, and breathing and everything else. He or she has your blood, and you can't just abort it. The child is yours, and has a life," Luhan spoke, while messing his hair up. At that point of time, he really felt like punching something, or someone which is most likely the father of the child. 

Just then, the door burst open and both heads turned around to see the huge groupf o them. "Yoona," Yuri called out, before rushing to her friend. Hugging her friend, she then smiled," Yoona, I am so glad that you are fine." 

"Eonnie." 

"She is going to kill the child," Luhan brought up the topic again, and Yuri broke the hug. "Are you serious about this? Yoona, this isn't a joke or anything." 

Yoona then sighed," If you all are going to same thinking, just leave. This is my child, and I take full responsibilty of him or her.You all have no right to sya anything or what. The dad agreed to do the same thing, and I am going to abort the child. I dont' want it." 

"Im Yoona." 

"This is my child. I get the right to do whatever what I want with it, even if it means bringing him into this cruel world or killing him, it is all up to me. I get to make the decision as his mother, and I decided to abort it bec-" 

Yoona got cut off by a loud slap, and the girls in the room gasped. "As your best friend, I stood up for you when they blamed you for starting all these. I yelled at Seohyun, for you and now you are telling me that you don't want to be responsible for that child anymore? Im Yoona, as your best friend, I am disappointed in you. How-How can you do these to a child of your own? Killing it without mercy is a terrible sin, don't you feel the single bit of guiltiness? I feel guilty for blaming Seohyun, but then, for you I will do anything to defend your name. What can I defend now? How can you be so selfish?" 

"Y-Yuri-ah," the doed-eyed female whispered the older lady's name, as Yuri were holding back her tears. "How can you be so selfish? You are going to be a mother, and the child inside you can't wait to see you. Think about it. If you abort it, you will regret your action for life. The child is your blood and flesh, and-and how can you be so ruthless to even kill it? That child inside you belongs to you, and think about his or feelings!" 

Yoona stared at her friend, who was sobbing while shouting at the younger lady. "I made the wrong mistake by scolding Seohyun, when it is supposed to be you. Do you know to save you and the child, she risked her life to save you and ended up with broken legs and arms. Seohyun wants to see that child live, and if you end his or her life, I am sure that not only me, but her and everyone here will be disappointed in you. Stop being selfish, and think for the others including the child and yourself!"

"The decision in the end is up to you. If you think that you have no one to lean on, you have us. I won't leave you, even if you think that I will, I will never do that because I love you, Yoona and I don't want to see you hurting yourself. Please, think about it. Think about the child, think about his or her life, as it depends on you in the end," Luhan said, while looking at the girl before him. 

Yuri then sniffed," I just don't want my best friend to make any more regrets." 

 

***

3 years later...

Jongin was pacing up and down the room, and Sehun placed a hand on his shoulder. "Look, all you have to do is to calm down. Nothing is going to happen, so please relax," the younger male chuckled, before settling down comfortably on the chairs. Luhan then laughed," Seeing him getting all nervous kind of reminds me of myself. Isn't this funny?" 

"Haha. So funny, hyung. Anyway, how is Luna coping in her kindergarten? Is everything fine especially with noona working night shifts at time to make up for all her leaves?" Sehun asked, while smilling at the older male. "Fine. Making new friends, and having a sweet smile to make boys fall for her, Luna is perfect. Yoona is fine, and I am glad that we moved back to Seoul instead of staying there." 

Jongin then stopped in his tracks, while looking at the both males," Are you sure that everything is fine? I mean look, your wife and her are not coming out at all, and this driving to the edge going insane. Sehun, you are a lawyer, right? If anything screws up, I am hiring you ffor a sepcific reason. I-" 

"Hyung, nothing is going to happen, okay? Noona is going to be fine, and Yoona noona is great doctor who delivers children properly. And look who is beside me, the husband of your wife's doctor." 

Just as the other male was about to argue about something, the door slided open and revealed Yoona walking out with a baby in her arms, wrapped tiightly in the towel as he squirmed around cheekily. "Jongin-ah, here is he. Your child. I am sorry that we took a long time-" Before the latter can even complete her sentence, Jongin dashed into the room without any hesitation. 

"-to get Seohyun's condition to stablise," Yoona ended with a sigh. She then cooed at the baby in her embrace," Luna finally gets to be an older sister after s many years." Luhan then wrapped his arms around her waist, and smiled," Do you want another child?" 

"D-Doctor, I want to keep the baby," Yoona whispered, as she sat on the chair while staring at the ultrasound scan. The doctor let out a small smile, while nodding his head as he drew a long line across the appointment on Yoona's appointment card. "I am glad that you made such a decision, because as a doctor, I couldn't bring myself to end the little child's life. Whoever cleared that thought in your mind, you should thank the person." 

Yoona nodded her head, while reaching out and brushing her fingers against the computer screen," Is the child doing fine?" "His or her heartbeat is going strong, and I believe in at least three weeks' time, we get to now the child's gender." 

"DNA. DNA for the child, is that possible?" Yoona asked, while facing the doctor. The dodctor then frowned," DNA? Wasn't that man sitting beside you the father of the child?" 

The latter then lowered her head slightly," I want to confirm something, that's all." "O-Oh. Definitely, please follow me. The report will be out by next week," the doctor stood up, and gestured towards the exit. 

Yoona rolled her eyes, while nudging her husband away," Not now, we have this conversation before. We have to see whether Luna wants a younger sibling, or not. Here, Sehun. Hold your nephew? Oh god, anyway, when Jongin comes out, tell him to fill up the papers and stuff. I need to attend a meeting, and I will see you both later." She then rushed off, before Luhan can even protest. 

"She blew you off." 

"Shut up." 

"Luhan hyung got blew off." 

The older male then hissed, before cooing at the baby cutely. Sehun then chuckled," Noona is progressing well with everything going on. I am glad to see that. By the way, is Luna like y-" 

"No. She isn't, and yes, the father somehow seemed to be Taecyeon." 

"Are you ting me?" 

Luhan laughed, while smiling," No, I am not but that didn't want to take any responsibility, and Yoona wanted to keep the baby. I decided that I should help her share the reponsibilty, and I propose, and we are happily together for three years. Are you done?" 

"Yes, I am. I can't belive that everyone of us has a family now. Except for me." 

"You know, sometimes, honestly and truthfully, I kind of think you are gay. Like, you don't seemed to be interested in ladies, and neither have you get a girlfriend and along the way, are you possibly gay?"

"Hyung, I am straight. I am attracted to ladied, like Mirander Kerr." 

"Gay." 

"Straight." 

"Gay." 

Sehun then growled, before stepping on Luhan's foot," Straight." 

 

"J-Jongin?" Seohyun held her hand out, as she spotted her husband rushing into the room with a worried face. Jongin then held her hand tightly, while asking," Are you okay? They asked me to leave so that they can do something, and are you sure that y-" 

Seohyun laughed, while nodding her head," I am fine, silly. Where is our child?" 

"Outside with the other two." 

Seohyun then pouted slightly," I wanted to see my baby." "You can see him later, you need to rest. When you are discharged, you are taking three months leave, and I will look after you so don't need to worry about work or anything, understand?" 

Jongin and Seohyun married a year later after all the drama was over. Settling down hapilly in their house, without Sehun's presence since the younger male decided to move into his girlfriend''s house, the house belonged to them both. Soon, they had a child, and now, the both of them were in the emergency room aftter Seohyun gave birth to their first child. Kim Jonghyun. 

"You know, I was thinking about a lot of things, and now we have our first child, I think we been through alot. Married for two years, and I don't know how you might feel towards a second marriage but I just want to let you know, that I have no regrets on this and I love you and our baby boy. That's all," Jongin awkwardly blurted out his inner feelings, as Seohyun listened. 

She then smiled," Silly, I love you too, and loving you was never a regret till now. Kim Jongin, somehow and somewhere, I never regret meeting you, and now, I just want you to know that loving you is the most blissful thing on Earth. I have no regrets." 

 

 


[ A/N ] this is surprising, but ya. this is the last chapter of the story and idk whether to you guys, you might find it a sudden ending but to me, this was the idea it has ever since i wrote this story. at the car accident part, i wanted to write a sad one, like someone getting into a serious accident and stuff like that, but since liek Christmas is coming, and it should be a joyous story, i gave an ending like this to end it happily! so, this is the last chapter, and somehow, i think i want to thank every single one of you who supported the story and even, uhm, subscribed and upvoted. thank you so much, along with those comments that help to improve my writing and overall, really, i just want to thank you guys. 

this isn't goodbye because i have other major stories that are ongoing, and i really hope that you all will support me and the stories, by just subscribing and reading to it. i really hope that you all will carry on to support seoexo, and me! hehe, and please do keep loving seoexo <3 

 

_insanegirl_