028

Regrets

As the days grew nearer, Sehun was getting more worried for Luhan and his actions. "Hyung, are you sure about this? You can still call off this wedding," he advised the older boy, who seemed to be ignoring the younger one's words. "Can you move those flowers to the right slightly?" the doed-eyed boy asked, as he faced the worker, who was helping out to decorate the wedding venue.

"Hyung," Sehun hissed, as he tugged on Luhan's shirt, trying to get the older male's attention. Luhan then glanced at Sehun, and then pointed towards the rest of the tables," Sehun-ah, do me a favour and help me to adjust the flowers. It isn't straght." 

"Hyung!" 

"Thank you," Luhan managed a smile, as he headed towards the front to speak to Yoona, who was discussing exciteedly on her phone. Sehun then groaned in frustration, as he trudged over to the rest of the tables, to assist in the arrangment of the flowers. "Sehun-ah!" a familiar low voice called out, and the young male turned his head to see both Chanyeol, and Baekhyun approaching him. 

Sehun then straightened himself, as he greeted," Hyung-nims. Why are you here?" "I called them here for a reason, since both of them are talented in music, I was wonering whether they can perform for us during the wedding on that day," Yoona replied on behalf of the two males, and Sehun raised an eyebrow at the two males, who nodded their heads. 

"I need to speak my hyung-nims for a moment," Sehun gave a fake smile, as he stared at Yoona, who then smiled as she moved to the side and glanced at her file in her hands. "What are you guys thinking? Don't you guys hate her?" 

Baekhyun then sighed, as he glanced at Luhan at the other end of the room," We do hate her, but we don't hate Luhan hyung. No matter what he did, he is still our hyung, and since it is his wedding, shouldn't we help also? I can see that you are also helping out." 

"I am helping out for a reason, because hyung needs me for now." 

"So what? Does this means that after you helped out in the wedding, you are going to distant yourself from hyung again? It doesn't makes sense," Chanyeol retorted, as Baekhyun placed his hand on his boyfriend's arm. 

Sehun's expression hardened for a second, before he turned his back on them and went back to arranging the flowers," I didn't mean it this way, but my movtive for helping out isn't because it is Luhan hyung's wedding. I am helping out as Luhan hyung's dongsaeng, and I can really care for him for a reason." 

"Are you hiding something from us, along with hyung?" 

"I need to get back to work, excuse me, hyung-nims," Sehun bowed, as he moved on towards the next table, leaving the couple staring after him with weird stares. 

 

Seohyun was flipping through documents in her office, as she glanced at the calendar. The day has finally arrived for Luhan and Yoona's wedding, and it was held in the afternoon. Being a famous, and well-known lawyer, she was supposed to attend a courtcase in the morning, before rushing towards the wedding venue. 

"Are you ready? The car is ready, and we can start heading towards the court," Jongin popped his head into her office, as he approached her with a twinkling sparkle in his eyes. Seohyun shut her file, as she grabbed her bag," Almost. Right, are you ready for the wedding later? We can't afford to be late." 

Jongin then looked at his watch, and smiled," Don't worry, I can fully assure you that we will reach there on time. Right, where is your bridesmaid dress?" "Jessica eonnie is bringing there for me, so I can head there to change. How about your suit?" 

"I brought it along, don't worry. Let's go, before we are late." 

Seohyun then slipped her hand into Jongin, and smiled," Let's go then." 

 

Luhan was sitting in the room, alone as he stared at his clasped hands. His heart was thumping wildly for no reason, and he glances at the exit where Yoona's room was right opposite his. He then sighed, as he lowered his head and tried to sort out his thoughts. 

"Hyung, are you ready?" a low voice asked, as faint footsteps entered the room. Luhan looked up, with a confused expression at Sehun, who was frowining at the sight of the older male. "Don't force yourself, please, hyung. The father of the baby is present at the wedding, and I am sure he too, will agree to cancel the wedding. 

Luhan then shook his head," I can't. I have to pretend that I don't know about it, and also, Yoona has always waited for this very day a-" "So are you going to lie to that child in that tummy, when you aren't his father? Hyung! That baby isn't your blood and flesh, he is not even yours. Why are you even doing this? To get even at noona for getting Jongin as a boyfriend, is it?"

"What makes you think like this? Do I look I want this too? I am struggling with the fact that the child isn't mine. I don't even know how to love that child, and it hurts alot to hear and see the child growing up but it isn't mine. To get even at Seohyun? Why would I even do this? She is living a peaceful life, and I don't want to get even. I have nothing to get even. I am trying to get even with myself, as I brought this down on myself." 

Sehun then hissed," Can't you see? Even you yourself, is unable to grasp the fact that the child isn't yours. That child is going to call you 'appa' but the blood isn't yours, but the man. Can you face the child, and say 'I love you' even when it is not your child? Can you, hyung? Tell me!" 

"Get out, Sehun-ah. I don't want to hear anymore of this. Go and get ready, we are supposed to start in two hours time." 

 

Seohyun glanced at Jongin, as she pointed toward her watch," Yah! We only have a hour more, we are going to be so late." "Don't worry, I am sure the rest will understand. Also, good job just now. You won the case, and you should be proud of yourself." 

"Thank you to you too, without you as my assistant, I might not be able to speak the points correctly," she thanked her boyfriend, as she whipped her phone out to see 10 missed calls, along with 15 messags all from her eonnies, and the boys. 

Seohyun then frowned," Did something hapepend before the wedding? They have been calling me." "Me too. I have 20 missed calls from hyung-nims, and 14 messages from them too. What happened?" 

"I don't know." 

Both of them stared at their phones, before looking at one another. Seohyun then pressed the 'green button' against Sehun's number, and placed her phone at her ear. "Sehun-ah. Sehun-ah. Noona speaking, what are you talking about? What about the wedding being cancelled?" 

"You are lying, right? There is no way that she is missing. Didn't all of you see her before the wedding? What are you talking about?" 

Jongin then grabbed the phone from Seohyun, as he spoke," Sehun-ah, where is Luhan hyung? Put him on the line right now. What are you talking about? He isn't in a right state? Yah, we are also not even the right states, but we are trying to get things right." 

"Yah! Hyung-ah, just come here quickly with noona, please," Sehun pleaded over the line, before Jongin hung up. "What is happening?" 

"Y-Yoona is missing, and the wedding is cancelled." 

Seohyun then furrowed her eyebrows," What? Why is she missing? Did she get kidnapped or something?" 

"Ani. She ran away." 

 

"I can't believe she did the same thing twice. Twice for Pete's sake," Sooyoung shrieked, as she raised the handwritten letter in her hands. "Can someone please try to explain to me?" 

Sehun, who was standing at the corner of the room, staring out of the window commented," I knew about this before you all, and Luhan hyung-nim knows about it." "What? Why didn't you tell us then?" Minseok frowned, as he stared at the younger male. 

"He doesn't want me to tell, as he thought about Yoona and her feelings. He was trying to accept the fact that the child isn't his either," he replied, as he looked at the rest with teary eyes, which was unexpected. Kyungsoo's motherly instincts kicked in, as he rushed to the male's side. "Don't cry, it isn't your fault." 

"I am not crying because of this. I am crying for hyung. Can you all imagine the joy of being able to settle down with a family, but, the child isn't yours? Can you imagine trying to tell the child that you love him or her, but he or she isn't yours? How can you even face it when it does not even carry your blood? Think about it. It is hurting to see the child, but it isn't yours. Hyung, hyung is trying to accept it but he can't. But he can't cancel the wedding, as Yoona has been expecting for it. But, but, that ran away before hyung can even ask her? She hid from him, she cheated on him with their boss, and hyung is only trying to accept the child. Tell me, how can I make hyung feel better? Tell me!" 

Sehun then crouched down, as he buried his face into his arms as he sobbed. Kyungsoo then pulled him into his embrace, and comforted him. "Sehun-ah, we didn't mea-" 

"You guys say that you don't mean it. Fine, I trust you all. But, don't you all hate hyung and that ? Don't you? Because he hurts noona, but think about, he has been hurting on the inside too. All this while, while we are only caring about noona, have we ever thought about hyung? Being his dongsaeng, I feel bad because I didn't help when he needed help. I wasn't there for him, and sometimes, I feel that we had misunderstood him. Hyung, he loves noona, he loves Yoona-ssi, and he loves us. But he is unable to please each and everyone of us. He has been trying- trying so hard just to please us, and he ended up hurting all alone. Sometimes, I feel like a badass for hating hyung." 

The rest remained silent, as Sehun sobbed. Kyungsoo then shushed the crying male, as the rest lowered their heads. "What Sehun said is right. We didn't really think about Luhan, even though he is friend." 

"But he h-" 

"Luhan is hurting on the inside too," Taeyeon reasoned, as she sighed. "We failed as his friends, honestly." 

The rest glanced at one another, when the door flew open to see both Seohyun and Jongin standing at the door. "What had happened? We need to know," Jongin spillled the words, when he caught sight of Sehun sobbing. 

"S-Sehun-ah, why are you crying?" 

 

 


[ A/N ] OMG, after such a long break, I managed to like update this story :) okay, sadly, this story is also going to end. Just probably a few more chapters, and it is done >< I am sorry, for such a short story, but I really hope you guys will still look forward to the upcoming stories, and support the story whole-heartedly! Need not worry, but I will be creating new story really soon

 

_insanegirl_