017

Regrets

Just like seasons, people change. When they change, they become people we don't know. Their memories which they left behind are are good ones, but they soon replaced it with nightmares.


Seohyun blinked her eyes open, as the sunlight from the outside streamed into the hotel room, blinding her vision. Yawning, and stretching, she sat straight up and look around her room. Glancing around, she caught a sticky note on her mirror, and she slide down from the bed and headed for the note.

Noona, I have headed to the company first to get some information on the case. Hyung went out for awhile, and he should be back soon. Don't worry, if you are hungry, diall number 8, and there will be a room service. If not, you can head to the cafe opposite the hotel and grab some sandwich. See you later, noona.

- Sehun

"I shall go to the cafe opposite," she muttered to herself, as she went inside to the bathroom to wash up, and get ready for a new day.

 

Luhan stirred his cup of coffee, as he stared out of the window, watching the citzens of Switzerland scrambled to work, as they stuffed their breakfast into the mouth. Sighing softly, he placed his chin on his palm, and thought about stuff he is regretting at the moment.

'Yoona is really cheating on me,' he chuckled with a bitter smile. Luhan then whipped out his handphone, and clicked on the gallery icon, which immediately opened, revealing the albums of photos. He then tapped on the album which consists of him and Yoona together, but hastily exit it.

Luhan caught sight of another album which he didn't bother to open for the past 3 years till now. That album has been staying there for those years, until he didn't even know its existence until that very day. That album contains photos, of him and Seohyun.

Just as he was about to click on it, he heard the cafe's entrance door opening, followed by the ringing of the bells. Looking up, his eyes blinked, as he stared at the customer who just entered the cafe. Seo Joohyun.

Luhan watched as she walked towards the cafe, and ordered her breakfast. He secretly stared at her backview, like how he used to during high school. 'She didn't change at all, she is still the same girl that I fall for,' he thought, as he watched Seohyun cutely sipped her cup of coffee.

"L-Luhan-ssi," the voice which he had also once fallen in love with, the voice which he broke it into shattering pieces echoed through his ears. Luhan snapped back to reality, just to see Seohyun standing infront of him, with her breakfast in her hands.

He hastily scrambled to his feet, his eyes was watching her," S-Seohyun, it is a surprise to see you here." The latter gave a small smile, as she gestured at the empty seat opposite him. "Can I sit here?"

"Of course, there isn't anyone occupying that seat," Luhan replied, as he watched her placed her tray on the table, and took a seat. Seohyun then stared up at him," You are not going to sit down?"

Flustered, Luhan hastily sat down and rubbed his neck sheepishly. Seohyun then lifted up her sandwich, and took a bite of it. "Where is Yoona? It is really surprising to see you without her, outside on the streets," she commented. Luhan's thoughts immediately drifted back to the previous night.

 

Yoona tucked herself under the blanket as she played with her phone. "Oppa, when we returned to Korea, we have to fly to Beijing immediately," she reminded him.

"Why? I took a pretty long leave," Luhan frowned, as he replied her. "Aniyo, Taceyeon oppa told me that we have a Doctors' Meeting."

Luhan then faced her," Really? My secretary didn't tell me anything about the meeting." "She probably forget. Anyway, tomorrow, I am heading down to the Mail center, I am writing a postcard to my parents."

"I will fo-" "Gwenchanayo, I can take care of myself, oppa. Writing postcards isn't your style."

 

"Luhan-ssi, Luhan-ssi," Seohyun called out a few times, as she waved her hand infront of the dazed and blank Luhan, who was staring into space. The doed-eyed boy got snapped back to his senses, when Seohyun snapped her fingers infront of him.

She then frowned," Are you okay? You look pretty pale." "I am fine, I am probably just tired," he faked a smile, and Seohyun then caught sight of the brusie on his cheek.

"Did you hurt yourself? Your brusie looks bad," she bit her lips, as she looked at it. Luhan reached out to touch it, and he winced slightly.

The younger girl then took out a tube of ointment, and held it infront of her. "Take it and use, I head that it is really good." Luhan looked at it, and thought,' Doesn't she know about Jongin's wounds?'

"I am fine, keep it for yourself," he rejected politely, before drinking his cup of coffee. Seohyun then stared at him for a moment, with mixed emotions written in her pair of eyes.

Seohyun then slipped the medicine back into her bag, and she bit her sandwich. After a few more seconds of silence, she muttered," I thought you didn't like black coffee."

"Huh?" Luhan blinked his eyes, as he looked down at his cup of coffee. "Oh, I am trying it out." "You said you don't like bitter coffee last time. I guess people do change. "

"Change?"

"Yes, change. In the past, I remembered you didn't like black coffee, but now, you are drinking it. Just like seasons, people change. When they change, they become people we don't know. Their memories which they left behind are are good ones, but they soon replaced it with nightmares,"

Luhan stared at Seohyun, as she  looked out of the window. "When you change your heart three years ago, thank you for leaving the good memories behind, but, please take away the nightmares."

 

Jongin was wandering the streets of Bern, a few streets away from the hotel, as he looked along the shops. He was doing window-shopping. Just as he was about to head back to the hotel, he caught sight of a shop which sells a few unique and beautiful things. 

"Welcome, feel free to look around," the staff at the shop bowed and greeted him in English, causing Jongin to be puzzed for a moment before he bowed back.

He broswed down the shelves, looking for something which may somehow catch his attention. Walking down the aisles of the shelves, he spotted an object hanging at the rack. Walking towards it, he reached out and hold it in his hands.

"Ahh, I see that you have chosen the dream catcher. It is pretty," the staff commented, and he looked at her. "Dream catcher?"

The staff nodded," It catches bad dreams, but allows good dreams to pass. Give it to someone who needs this."

Jongin look at it, as the dream catcher stared back at him. Give it to someone who needs this.

Catches bad dreams, but allows good dreams to pass.

"I get one, please," he smiled at the staff, as he passed the one in his hand to hers, as both of them walked to the cashier. A few minutes later, Jongin was grinning widely, as he headed back to the hotel.

As he hummed a happy tune, there was a spring in his steps. Jongin was about to cross the road, when he caught sight of the cafe along the same street. His humming of tone immediately faded, and his steps stopped.

Jongin watched as Seohyun and Luhan sat down opposite one another, and she was smiling. For the don't know how many times, he felt his chest tightening, and he turned his head away.

For the don't know how many more times, Jongin felt like breaking down in the public, but he held in his tears, as he sped up to walk towards the hotel.

 

 

=================================================================================================================

Yay, I am done with another chapter :D Thank you to those who upvoted, subscribed and comment <3 I think this story is going to to be a seriously long one, unexpectedly xD

Anyway, check out the main image, which was done by gikseobb2st for the main image! I really like it, so thank you <3

 

_insanegirl_