Change and Return

Just Give Me A Chance
Please log in to read the full chapter

Seoul – South Korea - 2013

In an elegant office, a beautiful young woman still working on a lot of reports despite the fact that it was already late and almost everyone had gone home long time ago.

“Director Hwang do you need anything more?” her secretary asks

“No, this is all Eunjung, you can leave” she answers without raising the look of the reports that she was reading.

To Eunjung is not strange at all that her boss remain until night in her office working, and not only her, everyone in Hwang Group know that the young executive is a workaholic.

 

Tiffany Hwang now with 24 years was the youngest director of RP (Public relations) in Hwang Group. She was in charge of many and important projects of the company, and not because she was the daughter of the President Michelle Hwang and future heiress, but for her own effort. Each one in Hwang Group knows that the young executive is a workaholic to the point of did not have social life.

 

TIFFANY POV

I was working at my office until night like always when my cell phone sound.

*Ring~ ring~

“hello!”

“YAH!! Tippany Hwang: Where are you?”

“mmm … I’m in the office Tae-Tae”

“YAH!! Don’t Tae-Tae me, you forgot that you have to have dinner with me, don’t you?” oops … I believe that Taeyeon is mad.

“Sorry Tae-Tae I don’t believe that I could go, I have a lot of work”

“You always say the same Pany-ah, you better move yours y here because I’m dying of hungry” I had not time to object because she hung up.

“Ash … she hung me” *sigh* I took my things and went out the office. The security guard was the only one remained; the rest of the personal had left long time ago.

“Good night Director Hwang” the guard said goodbye

"Good night" I said goodbye and went to my car.

Once in my car I headed to the usual restaurant, only took me 15 minutes to reach since it is close to the company.

-Soshi restaurant-

“Well until you come, I’m dying of hungry here” Tae-Tae was waiting for me.

“I’m sorry, I have a lot of work in the office” I sat down and saw the menu “where is Sunny?” I asked her because I didn’t see her.

“She went to Japan with her sister” she answer me while signs to the waiter.

"Do you want to order something?" Asked the waiter, we ordered the usual and he retired.

“Then because Sunny is not here you decided to bother a busy person as me” I said to bother her

“Don’t lie to me Pany-ah, if there is not work to do you would find something to make yourself busy and don’t go out of that office” she look me directly at the eyes.

“it’s true Tae-Tae, in three months it is the anniversary of the company and we are planning a big campaign” I reason.

“I’m not going to win you so better we change topic, ok?” she said and I agreed.

"So how did it go? What did you think?" she asked excited referring to the blind date that she and Sunny arranged for me without consulting me and forced me to go.

“fine, I suppose” I answered her disinterested but I saw her waiting for me to say more *sigh* “it is seen that she is a nice girl but …”

“but?”

*sigh* “but it’s not her”

“Pany-ah” she stretched her hand and put it on mine in the table “we have already talk about this, it’s been 5 years, you need to forget her and continue with your life, and not just lock yourself in your work”

I know she is worried about me and what she says it is true, but I cannot forget her, I don’t want to forget her.

“I know it Tae-Tae but it is not easy” she squeezed my hand affectively.

“let's dinner because for sure you did not even eat appropriately”

The rest of the dinner was Tae-Tae who did most of the conversation while I limiting myself to agreeing or denying and doing small questions of what she was saying. After dismissing, she warned me to go to my house to rest and not returning to the office.

-Hwang’s Mansion-

I went straight to my room without doing noise to not wake up anybody. I lay in the bed thought in what happened to my life in these 5 years without her.

Anyone that sees me now and does not know me would think that I’m fine and that I have everything I want; I’m the youngest executive in HG (Hwang Group) and future heirs *sigh* but the truth is that I’m not happy.

Since Sooyeon left me I have not been the same. The Tiffany Hwang that was usually surrounded by people and was an animal-party disappeared, now I’m practically someone anti-social (it is not that I don’t like people but I prefer to be alone) and if it was not for my occasional meetings with Sunny, Tae-Tae and Yuri, I would spend from the house to the office.

My friendship with Yuri returned to the normality after sometime with Tae-Tae and Sunny’s help.

At first (after what happened with Sooyeon) Yuri did not speak to me but when she saw who much I was suffering she forgive me. She also tries to help me to convince Yoona to tell us where Sooyeon was, but she and Imo Jung never said to us. In that time I felt like my life was breakdown not being able to find Sooyeon and not know even if she was well.

The next day I went early to the office as usual. In the noon I call to a meeting to discuss on the 50th anniversary of the foundation of the company for my deceased grandfather.

 

AUTHOR POV

-In the same time- Incheon International airport – South Korea

A mysterious beautiful 24-year-old woman with fair skin, long chestnut hair, not tall but with a well proportionate figure had finally arrive after a trip of 14 hours from the United States to Korea.

“After 5 years I’m back” *smile* “but I’m not the same” she said to herself.

“Let’s go Jessica the cab is waiting” another woman said.

TIFFANY POV

-In the meeting-

“Since it is the anniversary of Hwang Group we must do a promotion campaign that reminds to the people and our competitors why we have 50 years being the number one in the field of fashion in Korea” I said to the staff “do you have any suggestion for this?” I turn over to see all of them, but none seemed to have anything to say.

“mmm … why not a special magazine that include everything what HG is” said Hyoyeon my personal assistant. “also we can do fashion shows in the principal departmental shops that belong to the company” she added.

“that looks like a fantastic idea to me” I said to her “for that we need models that fit to what HG re

Please log in to read the full chapter