08 Confession

Perfectly You

"What do you mean?" Yoseob asks. "Why?"

"It's not fair. For her. For you. For me," Gikwang answers calmly. "It's her who needs to decide about her future. Both of us have an equal possibility to win her heart. I don't want her to stay just because of engagement; I want her to stay with me because she wants to."

Kyuri covers with her hand. She doesn't believe about what she heard. She knows that Gikwang is her fiancee. She knows Gikwang has a feeling for her; he confessed before. But she didn't know that Yoseob loves her, more than a childhood friend. And what did Gikwang mean with her mother's last words? Her mother is somewhere outside of Seoul... right?

"I'll talk to my parents," Gikwang walks to the door. "I'm doing it for Kyuri."

"You will regret it," Yoseob states. "I'm going to win her heart. You know it."

Gikwang smirks and opens the door. Kyuri is not fast enough to hide from Gikwang; she's way too surprised with their conversation.

"Kyuri?" Gikwang calls her name, making Yoseob runs to the door as well.

"Did you listen our conversation?" Gikwang asks with a serious tone.

"I...," Kyuri squeaks. "I don't mean to."

Gikwang and Yoseob exchange looks.

"We're not mad, Kyuri ah~" Yoseob pats her head. "We're just surprised. You're supposed to be in your room."

"Are you really going to cancel the engagement?" Kyuri suddenly asks.

Gikwang doesn't say anything at first but he finally answers, "I am. For you."

"What about my mother's last words?" Kyuri can't hold her curiosity.

Yoseob opens his mouth to answer but Gikwang is faster than him, "She died after you're born. Her body was too weak. The same goes for you; that's why Junhyung is really protective about you. Your mother and my mother were good friends, that's why we're engaged. Your father remarried with Junhyung's and Jiyeon's mother 4 years ago."

Kyuri's eyes are teary now. She is desperately sad. She is blaming herself because she lost her memories; for forgetting about her mother, about her relationship with Junhyung and Jiyeon, about everything between her, Yoseob, and Gikwang.

"Kyuri ah~" Yoseob hugs her. "I'm sorry for not telling you this. I don't want to you to cry. Mianhae~"

Kyuri sobs and Yoseob wipes her tears, "Don't cry, Kyuri. I feel like I want to cry too."

Kyuri smiles weakly but suddenly she blushes when she remembers Yoseob's words, "I'm going to win her heart" cross her mind.

"You're cute when you're blushing," Yoseob pinches her cheek softly. "That's why I love you."

Gikwang glares at him. An uneasy feeling comes again. It's the same feeling when Yoseob sang to Kyuri.

"Yoseob Oppa," Kyuri blushes like crazy now, "Don't say something like that."

"Why?" Yoseob puts his innocent look. "I mean it."

"I haven't cancel the engagement, you know," Gikwang speaks up.

Yoseob turns and sticks out his tongue. Kyuri is still blushing; she can't even look at Yoseob and Gikwang. Somehow she is confused with the new facts about her memories but she feels happy because of Yoseob's confession just now. She doesn't have any memories with Yoseob. She doesn't remember anything about Gikwang.

"How can I choose between them...?" Kyuri thought.

__________

June 7th, 2010

Kyuri couldn't sleep last night. Gikwang's explanation and Yoseob's confession are staying in her mind; she can't shove them away from her head. The way Gikwang glares at Yoseob, the way Yoseob treats her like she is his world, the way they do everything to her. It's making her crazy just to think of it.

It's 5 AM in the morning; Junghyun hasn't awake yet. Kyuri goes to shower and walks to the garden with her white jacket. She sits on the bench and looks at the sky. She feels lucky that Junhyung stopped her private study after her accident so she could remember things better without any pressure.

"If only I can remember everything...," she mumbles and closes her eyes., "maybe I can choose between them easily without breaking their hearts."

She can feel someone's forehead on her forehead. She is going to open her eyes when a voice says, "You don't need to. I'll make more beautiful memories for you."

Gikwang.

He is standing behind Kyuri, leaning his forehead to hers. He kissed her forehead quickly before takes a seat next to her. Kyuri is blushing again; she doesn't understand why she keeps blushing nowadays. She is wondering what's Gikwang doing this early.

"I won't back off for Yoseob," Gikwang states.

==========

Author's Note:

"Mianhae" means 'I'm sorry'.