19 Flashback: Gikwang Pt. 2

Perfectly You

July 2nd, 2010

It's another night and Gikwang has decided to spend it with Kyuri. It's almost two months since the accident and Kyuri is still clueless about her past. Gikwang is planning to move all his works to Seoul so he can be with Kyuri more often than before; because he doesn't want to lose Kyuri.

He loves her. That's all he knows.

Since her innocence attitude, her smile, her caring personality, her everything fills his life. There is no way Gikwang will let Kyuri go if Kyuri doesn't want to go.

Gikwang meets Yoseob in front of her house when he has parked his car.

Yoseob looks at him before opens the door and steps to Kyuri's room. Gikwang follows him and both of them enter into Kyuri's room; Yoseob opens it without any knocking.

She is standing at the balcony, gazing at the night sky, possibly thinking about her memories.

"Kyuri ah~" Yoseob calls her and she turns back to look at us with surprised expression. She walks to her bed and sits while Gikwang and Yoseob sit next to her.

Silence... again.

"Do you want to play, Kyuri?" Yoseob asks her. Gikwang looks at Yoseob in silence.

"Play?" Kyuri looks at Yoseob. "What game?"

"Kind of truth or dare," Yoseob stands up from his seat. "Let's ask Junhyung Hyung and Jiyeonnie to play with us."

He grabs Kyuri's hands and walks to the dining room. In a moment, Kyuri, Gikwang, Yoseob, Junhyung, and Jiyeon are already in the dining room, even though with hesitation. There are a bottle of vodka and an empty bottle on the table, the equipment that they will use to play the truth or dare with Yoseob's rule.

Gikwang looks at Kyuri; her eyes look happy. Gikwang sighs and tries to listen to Yoseob's explanation again about the games. He is shocked when Yoseob said that he will drink for Kyuri because Kyuri can't drink. That's new for him.

They start the game with simple truth question; Gikwang is asked by Jiyeon about his first achievement in life and he answers, "The day when I was announced as ranking 1 at junior high school."

After around 10 minutes, Gikwang looks at Yoseob; he is totally drunk. His face is red and it's his turn now. He tries to reach the bottle and spins it. The bottle points to Kyuri so Kyuri prepares to guess Yoseob's act.

Yoseob doesn't do anything. His face turns serious all of a sudden and mumbles, "Truth."

"Hey, you haven't do anything," Junhyung protests but Yoseob ignores him and asks his question, "Do you know that I love you?"

Gikwang clenches his fist under the table. Of course she knows!

"I know," Kyuri answers. She tries to reach the bottle to spin it but Yoseob reaches it faster and spins it again. Kyuri tries to relax the situation but Yoseob ignores her, as if she didn't say anything. He forces the bottle to stop and point out to Kyuri.

"Truth," he says again. Gikwang feels that something is going wrong: Yoseob is totally drunk right now.

"Do you know how much it hurt to see you engaged with someone else when I'm in love with you?" that question feels like it's stabbing Gikwang's heart. Does Yoseob know how much it hurt to see the one he loved, the one he engaged to is much closer to another man?

"Yoseob Oppa," Kyuri whispers, "you're drunk."

Again, Yoseob ignores her. He spins the bottle and stops the bottle again, "Truth. Why do you ignore me?"

Kyuri stands up, "I didn't. You're really drunk, Oppa."

Once again, Yoseob spins the bottle and stops it, "Truth. Why did you lose your memories? 20 years are nothing for you, aren't they?"

Gikwang can see that Kyuri is clenching her fist now. Now that is a stupid question; she never want to forget her memories.

Yoseob spins the bottle and slams it to make it stop, "Truth. Do you ever care about me?"

Gikwang tenses up. He stands up. He needs to stop Yoseob right now.

He spins it again and forces it to stop, "Who will you choose? Me or Gikwang?"

Gikwang wants to know the answer of this question too, but not in this way.

"You're drunk," Kyuri holds her breath. She is trying to control her emotion right now.

"Can't answer eh?" Yoseob tries to reach the bottle again but Gikwang tosses away his hand from the bottle, "Stop. You're scaring her."

But Yoseob doesn't care. He spins it for the last time.

"Dare," he whispers. "Kiss me."

Gikwang feels angry. Junhyung feels the same too; he tosses away the bottle till it breaks and shouts at Yoseob, "You're crazy! It's not a game anymore!"

Kyuri rushes to Junhyung and stops him, "Don't! He's drunk, Oppa!"

She turns to Yoseob, "You're way too drunk, Yoseob Oppa."

Gikwang is going to pull Kyuri away when suddenly Yoseob pulls her hand and presses his lip on hers. He is shocked because of it. He is angry. He is mad. He wants to hit Yoseob on his face but he can't.

It's a chaos in his head. He knows that Yoseob is drunk but that is out of the way. Junhyung is going to land a punch on Yoseob but Gikwang's sense comes back and he stops Junhyung. Yoseob teases him but he doesn't care; all he wants to do now is protect Kyuri. She is shaking because of the sudden kiss and Junhyung doesn't make the situation better.

Gikwang asks Jiyeon to bring Junhyung outside; he will confront Yoseob alone. Yoseob pulls Kyuri in his hug, hurting her because of he's hugging her tighter. She even cries because of it.

Gikwang grabs Yoseob's left arm with all his power, "She's crying."

With those words, Yoseob lets go of her. Kyuri cries in his hug now while Yoseob also cries. Gikwang said everything in his mind before goes to Kyuri's room and lets her rest, leaving Yoseob alone in the dining room.

"I'm sorry," Kyuri mutters. She is trying to control her tears. "It's my fault."

"He's drunk," Gikwang holds her hand.

"I can't believe that I made him suffering like that," Kyuri's tears roll down. Gikwang feels hurt when he looks at Kyuri now.

"You didn't," Gikwang answers, tries to comfort her. "He spoke without thinking at all."

"It won't be this hurt if it's not him," those words make Gikwang feels like his heart has stopped beating for a second.

Why? Does Kyuri love Yoseob?

__________

August 13th, 2010

Gikwang rushes to the hospital. He has a meeting right now but he doesn't care; he leaves it to his secretary. He just received a text message from Junhyung that Kyuri just got in to the hospital. He doesn't reply anything; he feels blank in his way to the hospital.

After Gikwang arrives at the hospital, he is waiting for the examination result with Yoseob and Junhyung. When he notices that Kyuri moves her finger, Junhyung storms out and calls the doctor.

Three of them step out from the room, waiting until the nurse tells them, "She keeps calling someone's name. Is Gikwang here?"

Gikwang's heart skips a beat, "Yes, I'm Gikwang."

They step inside her room, waiting for anything to come from her.

"I remember," those words come from Kyuri. "I remember anything now."

The conversation flows out but Gikwang feels uneasy; as if he's not happy when Kyuri said that she has remember everything. Something is not right.

He gasps when Kyuri asks, "What date is it today?"

He knows that her memories returned but she doesn't remember anything after the accident. The moments she had with him after the accident. His confession. Everything.

They leave her room, letting the doctor to examine her. Gikwang walks pass Yoseob and Junhyung; for the first time in his life, he's hurting. He walks around, nowhere to go, ignoring the rain that falling from the sky.

He doesn't cry but he's hurting inside.

Really hurt.