23 Nowhere

Perfectly You

 

"Yoboseyo?" Kyuri picks up the phone.
 
It's not Yoseob who reply her voice back.
 
"Kyuri-sshi?" it's a woman. Kyuri frowns. It's Yoseob's Mom!
 
"Ne?" Kyuri feels something is wrong. Why does his mother call her with Yoseob's phone?
 
"Is Yoseob there?" his mother asks with panic.
 
"No, he's not here," Kyuri bits her lower lip. Gikwang looks at her silently, wondering who's calling her.
 
"Ah, where is he?" Yoseob's mother sobs slowly. "He's not back since last night. I thought that he's staying at your place like usual but I was checking his room when I found his phone, throwed on his bed. It's so unusual of him!"
 
Kyuri can feel that his mother is really worried. She is worrying Yoseob's whereabout as well. Where is Yoseob? Where did he go last night?
 
"I'll try to find him," Kyuri tries to assure his mother. "Don't worry. I'll call you back later."
 
"What happened?" Gikwang asks right after Kyuri finished the call. Kyuri gives him a sad look.
 
"Yoseob doesn't return to his home since last night," Kyuri explains. "His mother just called me. He even left his phone in his room."
 
Gikwang frowns. What is that guy thinking?
 
"I'm going to find him," Kyuri steps to the door, walking pass Gikwang but Gikwang stops her.
 
"You can't go outside," he says but Kyuri pulls her hand. She looks at him, biting her lower lip because she is going to shed her tears soon.
 
"I can't...," she hisses. "I can't stay here when he's nowhere to be found. I don't care if Junhyung Oppa will be mad at me or not. I must find Yoseob Oppa."
 
Gikwang clenches his fist. He knows that Kyuri will stay with her decision. Even though he knows about Kyuri's feeling now, he knows that Yoseob is really precious for her as well. Yoseob is her childhood friend, the one who stayed with her when Gikwang wasn't there for her, the one who loved her without any return.
 
"Wait," Gikwang stands in front of her, blocking her way to the door. He looks at her eyes, "I'll go with you."
 
Kyuri looks confused.
 
"If...," Gikwang continues, "you tell me what happened between you and Yoseob. I will say to Junhyung Hyung that we are going somewhere to eat. That will do."
 
Kyuri stares at the ground, trying to make the best decision. If Gikwang helps her, she's sure she will find Yoseob easier. Junhyung will let her go if she's with Gikwang.
 
Kyuri nods slowly, "Please help me, Oppa."

==========

Author's Note:

"Yoboseyo" means 'hello', a greeting when you pick up a call.

"-sshi" is a standard formal suffix.