04 Lights Go On Again

Perfectly You

"So let's sum up, what have you remember until now?" Yoseob puts a plate of apple at the table. He sits again and puts a cute smile. Junhyung is sitting accross him while Gikwang is having a phone call outside of the room; it's work stuff.

"My name is Park Kyuri. My parents are working outside of Seoul now. I have an older brother named Junhyung and younger sister named Jiyeon. Yoseob is my childhood friend. He likes to cook and sing," Kyuri answers slowly, afraid that she will make a mistake.

"Bingo!" Yoseob claps. "Slowly, slowly but sure, Kyuri ah. I will make you remember everything you need to! I'll always here for you!"

Kyuri smiles and her eyes stop at Junhyung. He doesn't say anything. He just smiles simply, grateful that his step-sister is alright, except the fact that she doesn't remember anything now. He even can't argue with Yoseob since he knows that Yoseob is the only one who remembers everything about Kyuri, much better than himself.

"It will take a while for you to rest here," Junhyung says something, finally. "I will grab your stuff here. I and Jiyeon will take care of you, don't worry."

"Thanks," Kyuri smiles at Junhyung. "Sorry if I'm being a burden."

"Don't say that," Junhyung pats her head. "You're my sister. Always be and always will."

__________

May 30th, 2010

"This is your room," Yoseob puts the luggage on the floor. Kyuri is admiring her own room; she does have a big room.

She is released from hospital after 3 weeks and she decided that she needs to do something so she can remember things better. She is getting better about memorizing things but she always has weird feeling when she met Jiyeon, her younger sister.

But most of all, she still doesn't understand why her heart fluttered or ached because of Gikwang, her-so-called-fiancee, according to Junhyung. Gikwang always visit her everyday but never there when night fall. Unlike Yoseob, who's always there for Kyuri. He even skipped classes just to accompany Kyuri.

Another thing is she still hasn't meet her parents; it's almost a month but Junhyung always told her that both of them are busy.

Kyuri sits at her own bed and her eyes stop at a photo frame: a woman is hugging a baby.

"It's you and your mother," Yoseob sits next to her. "She's beautiful, eh?"

"My mother?" Kyuri touches the photo. "I want to meet her."

Yoseob gasps, suddenly remembers that nobody has told her that her mother now is only a step-mother. He avoided this topic, decided that Junhyung is the one who needs to tell her the truth. Yoseob puts the frame back and tells Kyuri to take a walk around the house so she will remember more things.

__________

"What do you think about me, Yoseob Oppa?" Kyuri suddenly asks when both of them are sitting at the garden.

"Eh?" Yoseob turns with shock.

"Well, you know me since I was a kid, so what was I like?" Kyuri repeats with more detail.

"Oh, yeah, you," Yoseob thinks for a while. "You're cute. You like to play piano. You like white color. You love my cooks. You always want to listen my voice when I'm singing."

Kyuri giggles and Yoseob smiles. He always love her smile, even though he always know that he can't have Kyuri. She is going to fulfill her mother's last wish: to marry Gikwang.

The only reason why Yoseob is doing all of these sacrifices is only to make Kyuri happy. Nothing else.

__________

Kyuri is sitting in dining room along with Junhyung and Jiyeon. Jiyeon puts an uncomfortable expression around Kyuri, making Kyuri thinks  that she has done something bad in the past.

"When are we going to eat the dinner, Junhyung Oppa?" Jiyeon asks impatiently. She is hungry and Junhyung forbids her to eat yet; it's the main rule in the house.

"After Gikwang...,"  before Junhyung finished his sentence, Gikwang walks in the dining room with his formal suit. He bows a little to Junhyung and Jiyeon before takes a seat next to Kyuri. He lands a kiss on her forehead, making her blushes and freezes for seconds.

"Sorry, I'm late. I must finish some tasks," Gikwang smiles and pats Kyuri's head, who is still looking at the food even though she's not hungry; she's still blushing. Gikwang never kissed her like that before; because he didn't think that he needed to. After the accident, he decides to do a lot of things he hasn't done before.

Jiyeon's face turns from happy because of Gikwang appearance into jealous expression because of the quick kiss. Junhyung looks surprised as well but he controls his expression and starts the dinner so all of them eat their dinner.

Their dinner is always quiet, unless there's Yoseob, but he's doing his college tasks since he skipped a lot of classes for the last 3 weeks. They finish quickly and Jiyeon rushes back to her room without any words; she can't stand to look at Gikwang and Kyuri anymore.

Gikwang acts as a real gentleman for Kyuri. They walk to the garden, sit exactly where Kyuri and Yoseob sat this morning. Gikwang keeps his gentle smile and looks at Kyuri without saying anything.

"It's awkward," Kyuri thinks in her head.

"Amuri himdeureodo jichyeoseo sseureojyeodo
Nareul dasi bichwojuneun bit

Pogihago sipeodo domangchiryeogo haebwado
Nal hyanghae deo hwanhage nareul dasi bichwojuneun bit

Jigeum buri kyeojimyeon dasi nareul barkhimyeon
Nae momeul dashi ireukyeo Oh
Lights go on again, Lights go on again

Dashi bicheul bichumyeon dasi nareul kkaeumyeon
Nae maeumeul dasi umjigyeo Oh
Lights go on again, Lights go on again"
-- Lights Go On Again by BEAST


Gikwang stops his singing, letting Kyuri with her surprised expression. "I'm not really good, eh?" He laughed a little.

"No," Kyuri responds immediately. "It's good. Really good."

"More than Yoseob?" Gikwang asks to the point.

Kyuri doesn't respond. She knows that Yoseob has an amazing voice but Gikwang's voice makes her heart beating faster; like right now. She doesn't know why but she keeps thinking: is she in love with him? Because he is her fiancee...?

Gikwang smiles, "You don't need to answer it. It's just a joke. I'm glad if you like it. I mean it. No matter how hard I must try, no matter what, I'm going to work harder so you can remember everything you need to; don't rush.

"I'm not as available as Yoseob, I know and I'm sorry. But I'm doing my best. So, please, let me stay in your heart, will you?"

==========

Author's Note:

"Lights Go On Again" is from "Lights Go On Again" mini album.