02 Truth is Hurt

Perfectly You

"Good day, Jiyeon," Kyuri walks pass a girl with long black hair. She just bid goodbye with Yoseob when Jiyeon finishes her lunch.

Jiyeon doesn't say anything and walks to the garden silently. She stops for a second and asks, "Is it true that Gikwang Oppa is coming here today?"

"Junhyung Oppa said so," Kyuri answers calmly. She knows Jiyeon has a crush on Gikwang since the first time she met him at Kyuri 16th birthday party. Her father remarried with Junhyung's and Jiyeon's mother. Both of them is working outside of Seoul now, leaving only these three children live in the house.

Junhyung is 2 years older than Kyuri and he works at Park's branch office. Protective and quiet, Kyuri is close to Junhyung but it's not the same with Jiyeon. She is a year younger than Kyu Ri yet she is really cold towards Kyuri. She has a sharp mouth and more quiet than Junhyung. She has fell in love with Gikwang since the moment they met and when she knew that Kyuri is his fiancee, it made her attitude worse.

Jiyeon flashed a smile before she leaves Kyuri. Kyuri walks to her room and sits on her bed. She looks at a photo on her desk. It's a photo of her mother, hugging Kyuri when she's a baby. Her mother died two months after Kyuri was born. She's weak and it's worse because she's pregnant back then. Kyuri never refused about her engagement with Gikwang because it's her mother's last words.

Kyuri's mother and Gikwang's mother are best friends since kindergarten. Gikwang never said anything about the engagement as well. He works hard at US since he's 12 years old. He's smart and perfectionist, yet romantic and gentle. He always visit Kyuri when her birthday came. Kyuri thinks of him as a really adorable person but she doesn't think that Gikwang is in love with her, so she holds her thought of falling in love with him.

She puts back the photo frame and, suddenly, an idea crosses her mind. She grabs her purse and walks down the stairs. She peeks and sees no one in the main hall. She opens the door slowly but sure, walks away from her home while whispering, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry."

She is not allowed to go outside alone. Her body is also weak, just like her mother. Junhyung doesn't let her go outside with Yoseob, except when she begs for it. Kyuri always has training and home lessons at home; it's rare for her to go outside and it's her first time to go somewhere alone.

"I'll be 20 tomorrow," she thinks. "At least I need to do something by myself." She thinks about buying a cake to welcome Gikwang this afternoon. It's been a while since the last time she went outside.

She is going to cross the road; the bakery just right across the road, when a car hits her.

__________

Yoseob is running at the hospital hall, making nurses and patients glare at him, but he doesn't care. He runs until he sees Junhyung and Jiyeon. Junhyung is leaning to the wall while Jiyeon is sitting quietly. Junhyung recognizes Yoseob's appearance and stands straight, looks at Yoseob carefully.

"How's Kyuri?" Yoseob asks. He's catching his breath but he's too worry about Kyuri.

"Still not awake," Junhyung answers.

Yoseob takes a seat. He closes his eyes, prays for Kyuri. He received a call from Junhyung, right after he arrived at his university. He left his classes and rushed to the hospital when he heard about the accident.

"Is Gikwang Oppa coming here?" Jiyeon asks suddenly. She looks at her brother with curiosity.

Junhyung doesn't answer. He is too worry about Kyuri. He clenches his fist and leans again to the wall.

"Junhyung Oppa," Jiyeon calls his name, impatient.

"I texted him," Junhyung answers quickly. "He didn't reply."

__________

It's been 6 hours since Kyuri has been examined. She's not awake yet; the doctor didn't say anything too. Yoseob and Junhyung are still waiting in front of her room while Jiyeon has already went away with her friends. Yoseob looks at his watch; it's almost 9 PM.

"It's silly," he mumbles. "3 hours before her 20th birthday and she's sleeping in the hospital."

"She didn't want it too," Junhyung answers simply.

Silence.

"Junhyung Hyung?" a voice calls.

Yoseob and Junhyung turn and look at a man with white shirt and black suit walks towards them.

"Gikwang," Junhyung mutters.

"How's Kyuri?" he asks the same question as Yoseob.

Junhyung shakes his head, "Not awake yet. It's already 6 hours. When did you arrive at Seoul?"

"Around an hour ago," Gikwang answers calmly. He turns to look at Yoseob and bows a little.

"Doctor!" A nurse comes out from Kyuri's room. "She's moving!"

__________

"You may come in," the nurse calls Gikwang, Yoseob, and Junhyung. Three of them enter the room silently and gather around the bed. Junhyung stands next to the doctor and looks at Kyuri.

"She is weak but she can talk. Say anything," the doctor explains.

"Kyuri ah," Yoseob smiles and looks at her eyes. "I'm really worry."

No respond.

"It's been a while," Gikwang says. "I made it before your birthday."

Kyuri opens , mutters slowly

"Who are you?"