17 Memories

Perfectly You

"Eh?" Kyuri looks surprised. "What do you mean?"

Gikwang tries to find the exact words to express his question. He shoves away the thought, "Forget it. I just over-worked today. Mianhae, Kyuri ah."

"Don't push yourself," Kyuri touches his cheek. Her hand feels warm. "Please take a good rest."

"I know," Gikwang holds her hand softly. "Gomawo yo."

She blushes because of his touch. She thinks about his question: is he special for her?

He is more than only someone for her. He shows his feeling to her truly; with words, with acts, with love. She knows he is special for her... but does she love Gikwang?

__________

August 1st, 2010

Yoseob has been acting as usual now. Even though he is avoiding Junhyung when he visits Kyuri, he is doing his best to be there for Kyuri. 

It's almost 3 months since the accident. Kyuri's memories haven't returned. Junhyung had brought her to the hospital for check up but there's nothing more than an advice for Kyuri to take a rest more often.

It's 9 AM in the morning. Yoseob is going to visit his family with his parents today while Gikwang has a meeting till noon. Kyuri is sitting on the bench at the garden, looking up to the sky. She tries to remember any random things. She looked through every little thing in her room, from her notebook, photo albums, notes. Everything.

"You're here," she hears Junhyung's voice.

"Oppa," Kyuri turns around. He walks to the bench and sits next to her.

"Don't you have works to do?" Kyuri asks.

"I'll do it later," he answers. "I just want to talk with you."

Kyuri smiles. At the first time, Kyuri thought that Junhyung was a scary person. He barely smile to anyone but she always feel safe when he's with her. He really care about her.

"Look," he starts, "I know you're frustrated because of your lost memories. It's been 3 months since the accident yet your memories haven't returned. But please take care of yourself."

"I know," Kyuri nods. "I'm sorry for making you worry."

"About Jiyeon," he continues, "just ignore her. Trust me, she doesn't hate you. She's only jealous because she likes Gikwang as well. Got it?"

She nods again.

"And about Yoseob...," he has a doubt tone now. "I'm not mad at him anymore. Tell him that. I'd be happy for you if you're happy as well with having him as your best friend."

"I'm thankful for him," Kyuri cuts in. "And I'm happy to have you as my brother."

Junhyung returns her smile, "Gikwang is doing his best for you too. He told me that he has decided to move his works to Seoul. He moved his stuff back to his house yesterday."

"I know," Kyuri lost in her mind. "He did a lot for me. A lot. Yet I can't return his feeling."

"Can't you?" Junhyung looks curious.

"I...," Kyuri stops. She doesn't know. In these last three months, Gikwang has been so close to her. He did everything he could for her. He always visit her every single day. No matter how tired he was, no matter how late he was, he was coming for Kyuri.

"Time will tell," Junhyung pats her head. He stands up, "I'll go back to my work. I'm sorry I can't stay longer with you."

Kyuri stands up and hugs her brother, "Kamsahamnida, Oppa."

Junhyung hugged her back before goes back to his room to do his works, leaving Kyuri in the garden, full with thoughts of Gikwang for now.

__________

August 13th, 2010

Her head is aching again. It has happened since one week ago. She rubs her temple, hoping this pain will go away. She hides it from her brother, told him that she just need to sleep more and it's nothing serious.

The pain is hurting her head for real. She barely can stand now, closing her eyes and tries not to scream because of the pain.

"Kyuri ah~" Yoseob enters her room without knocking as usual. Before Kyuri could hide her pain, Yoseob notices she is hurting.

"What happened?" Yoseob sounds panic, sits next to her. "Are you hurt?"

She can't even answer because the pain is hurting more than before. She clenches her right fist and rubs her temple with her left hand. Yoseob looks really worry right now. He hugs her, wishing it will help her a little.

"I'm here, I'm here," he whispers to her. "What happened to you?"

__________

"She is sleeping right now. We will wait for the result in an hour. We will confirm it to you as soon as possible," the doctor explains to Junhyung.

"Arasso," Junhyung replies. "Kamsahamnida."

The doctor leaves the room, leaving Yoseob and Junhyung. Yoseob told Junhyung about Kyuri and they brought her to the hospital. She fainted on their way, making both of them more panic.

"Ah," Yoseob sits down on the chair. "What happened to her?"

Junhyung doesn't answer. He has texted Gikwang about her condition but he hasn't reply. He feels dejavu; it's exactly the same condition when Kyuri had the accident, except there's no Jiyeon today.

"I feel like today was the day where Kyuri had the accident," Yoseob says his thought. He has exactly same thought with Junhyung. "Please don't let anything bad happen to her."

"Hyung," Gikwang just arrived at the hospital. He had a meeting but he left it after making a report and left it to his secretary. He steps closer to Junhyung, "How's Kyuri?"

Junhyung shakes his head, "I'm waiting for the examination result."

__________

"We didn't find anything unusual or harmful," the doctor gives the examination result to Junhyung. Yoseob takes a peek of the paper. "I guess we must wait for her to wake up so we can ask her about her feeling."

"Arasso," Junhyung answers. He can't think clearly right now.

"Can we go inside?" Gikwang asks the doctor.

"Sure," the doctor smiles. "Just keep quiet."

Gikwang, Yoseob, and Junhyung enters the room, standing around Kyuri's bed. She is sleeping but her face is pale.

"Kyuri ah," Yoseob takes her left hand. "Don't make me worry."

Gikwang stands across of Yoseob. He tries to keep calm but his thoughts are so awkward right now. He knows that it's not as urgent as the last accident happened to her, but he feels uneasy.

Suddenly her finger moves. Gikwang is the one who notices it.

"Call the doctor," he says. "She moved her finger."

Junhyung storms out from the room and calls the doctor. Kyuri opens her eyes slowly. Yoseob smiles widely, happy to see his childhood friend has awake now.

"Pardon me," the doctor enters the room. The nurse asks them to wait outside while the doctor checks her condition. It just take a while because the nurse gives them permission to enter the room again after 10 minutes.

"She keeps calling someone's name," the nurse tells them. "Is Gikwang here?"

"Yes, I'm Gikwang," Gikwang steps forward. His heart is beating faster now. Kyuri is looking for him...?

Yoseob's expression has changed into a serious one. Three of them are looking at Kyuri now. Gikwang sits next to the bed, holding her hand gently, "Kyuri, it's me."

"Gikwang... Oppa," she says weakly. "I..."

"Yes?" Gikwang holds her hand tighter but still gentle. He holds his breath, waiting for Kyuri to say something.

"I remember," she mutters. "I remember everything now."