28 Alone

Perfectly You

 

August 22nd, 2010
 
A night has passed but Kyuri still hasn't wake up.
 
Yoseob is currently waiting for her outside of her room, not moving and don't even bother to had a dinner last night. Even Jiyeon is waiting for her as well.
 
"Eat it," Junhyung hands Yoseob a slice of bread. He just went to the a mini market to buy something to eat.
 
Yoseob took the bread from Junhyung but only holding it in his hands. He has no appettite at all. He only wants to see Kyuri now, to see her open her eyes and smile to him, to tell him that everything is alright.
 
The doctor is examining her inside. He told her that Kyuri's condition is unpredictable, considering her weak body and her current condition. The doctor has warned them to not push her with questions, pressures, or anything else if she is awake.
 
"How is her?" Yoseob rushes to the doctor when he just closed the door.
 
"She's awake," the doctor gives a simple smile to them. Junhyung feels relieved.
 
"You may go inside now but she is really weak now, so please, don't give her pressure," the doctor bows and leaves them.
 
Yoseob quickly enters the room with Junhyung and Jiyeon follow him behind.
 
"Kyuri ah~" Yoseob approaches her. "You're awake."
 
He caresses her cheek gently. She doesn't smile. She doesn't look happy at all. She is still looking pale and her hands are cold. Junhyung stands next to Kyuri on the opposite side of Yoseob, with Jiyeon right next to him.
 
"Gikwang Oppa," they hear Kyuri murmurs. "It's not a dream."
 
Yoseob feels like a knife just stabbed his heart when he heard Gikwang's name. It's Yoseob who is waiting for her all night, not Gikwang. It's Yoseob who is here for her, not Gikwang.
 
He pulls his hand, clenching his fists and trying to control his anger. Why? Why it must be Gikwang?
 
"Look, Kyuri," Junhyung leans closer to his step-sister. "Don't think too much. You need to take a rest. You don't know how much we're worrying about you."
 
"Oppa," Kyuri says, as if she doesn't hear Junhyung. She doesn't look at Junhyung; her eyes are unfocused. "Can I see my mother?"
 
Junhyung's eyes are widened. What is Kyuri talking about?
 
"I want to see her," a tear rolls down from her eyes.
 
"Stop saying that!" Yoseob hisses. Junhyung and Jiyeon look at him silently.
 
"Forget about Gikwang!" Yoseob tries to hold his tears. "I'm here for you and he's not! Can't you see that? It's alright if you don't love me back but please don't stop me for loving you."
 
Kyuri turns her head slowly to face Yoseob. Yoseob is biting his bottom lip now; a single tear has escaped.
 
He is hurting because of Kyuri's love for Gikwang but he is hurting more because Kyuri said that she wanted to be with her mother. He loves her and he wants her to be happy, but not in that way.
 
"Please," Yoseob takes her hand. "I will cherish you for the rest of my life."
 
Before Junhyung could react, the door is slightly opened.
 
Gikwang enters the room in his usual black suit and white shirt.
 
The eyes in the room lock at him. Jiyeon gasps when she looks at Gikwang; even herself can't believe that he will come here after the whole thing he did.
 
"YOU!" Yoseob lets go of Kyuri's hand and rushes to Gikwang but Junhyung stops him.
 
"Not now," Junhyung whispers. "Not in front of Kyuri."
 
Yoseob clenches his fists, glaring at Gikwang. He looks really tired. Gikwang walks to Kyuri slowly and he reaches out his fingers to touch Kyuri.
 
"Don't," Kyuri closes her eyes, making Gikwang stops his movement.
 
"Don't," Kyuri sighs. "I had enough."
 
"Mianhae," Gikwang mutters.
 
For the first time in their lives, they see Gikwang cries.
 
"Mianhae," he wipes his tears slowly. "For hurting you. For making you suffer like this. For not loving you the way you want me to."
 
"She doesn't need you to love her with her ways," Yoseob says out loud. "She just need you."
 
Kyuri starts to cry.
 
"I can't make you happy," Gikwang tries to explain. "If only I was faraway from you, you won't do anything that harm you. You will be alright without  me. Even though I will be hurting, but I want you to be happy and doing alright all the time."
 
"Can she be happy without you?" Jiyeon cuts in. Gikwang looks at her with disbelieveness. "You are really perfect, Gikwang Oppa. But please do consider her feeling. You know that she loves you. Yoseob even let go of her. He loves her and he wants her to be happy with someone she loves."
 
"How could you think that Kyuri will be happy without you, without someone she truly loves?" Jiyeon finishes her sentence. She sighs and then leaves the room.
 
Junhyung looks at Gikwang, "I know both of you really love Kyuri but Kyuri is the one who will decide her own feeling. Yoseob tried to understand her. Will you?"
 
With those words, even though he feels really hard, he leaves the room, leaving only Kyuri, Gikwang, and Yoseob inside.
 
"Stop crying, Kyuri ah," Yoseob approaches her again, wiping her tears away gently. "I don't want to see you cry."
 
Kyuri coughs and Gikwang quickly reacts; he holds her hand but Kyuri tries to pull her hand away.
 
"Please leave me," Kyuri closes her eyes. "Let me be alone."