26 Such A Fool

Perfectly You
"What are you talking?" Yoseob is the one who reacts because of Gikwang's announcement.
 
Kyuri is looking at Gikwang silently; she looks really shocked when Gikwang told them that he will stay at USA.
 
"I thought I said it clear enough," Gikwang sighs. "I will stay at USA."
 
Before Kyuri can't even respond, Yoseob has grabbed Gikwang's collar, looking at him with anger and shouts, "It's not funny!"
 
Gikwang pushes Yoseob away from him, "I'm not joking."
 
"Why...?" Kyuri mutters, slow but clear. She is trying her best so her tears won't roll down. She needs to know his reasons. It's too sudden.
 
"I don't think I can stay with you," Gikwang clears his throat. "I don't even think we're meant to be together."
 
Kyuri feels like her heart is breaking into pieces. She thought that Gikwang does love her, even just a bit. But now Gikwang is going to leave her. Why?
 
"I need to concentrate for my works," Gikwang continues. "It's nothing big. I only visited you two times or so every year before so it won't make any difference."
 
Kyuri can't hold her tears anymore. Her tears are flowing.
 
Yoseob looks at Kyuri; his heart was hurting when he must let go of her, but his heart is hurting more now when he looks at Kyuri's tears, flowing down because Gikwang is going to leave her.
 
Gikwang is clenching his fists so strong until he even hurts himself; his hands are bleeding now. He looks calm outside but his heart is hurting. He doesn't want to leave her.
 
But he wants Kyuri to be happy. He wants Kyuri to have someone who will cherish her. He will do his best, but he can't promise it for her. He can't promise eternal happiness for her.
 
He doesn't deserve her.
 
That thought fills his mind; making him to make this final decision.
 
A punch lands on his face.
 
Yoseob just punched him. He doesn't care about Gikwang's reason.
 
"You said that you cancelled the engagement because it wasn't fair for us," Yoseob is stammering because of anger. "This way you are really cruel! I let go of her because she loves you! You know that! Are you playing with her heart?"
 
Gikwang doesn't do anything. His hands are still bleeding. It hurts; Yoseob's punch was hurt too, but his heart is hurting more when he heard Yoseob's words.
 
Suddenly Kyuri laughs; a really hollow and emotionless laugh. She is laughing yet her tears keeps rolling down.
 
"I'm such a fool," she tries to smile. "I should have known that you never had a feeling for me. It's one-sided love."
 
Gikwang freezes when he heard it; he looks at Kyuri with widened eyes.
 
"For believing that I was special for you," Kyuri wipes her tears, still forcing a smile on her face, "for believing that you didn't agree for the engagement only because of our mothers' agreement, for believing that we will marry someday. I'm such a fool."
 
She wipes away her tears roughly.
 
"Kyuri...," Yoseob approaches her but she takes a step back.
 
"Please," Kyuri sobs. "I'm only going to hurt both of you more."
 
Gikwang flinches.
 
"I'm sorry," Kyuri takes a step back again. "Please. Don't come for me anymore."