01 Morning Before Birthday

Perfectly You

May 4th, 2010

"Good morning, Kyuri," a voice makes Kyuri opens her eyes quickly. It's 6 AM in the morning and it's Tuesday; Kyuri is free from training and practices in Tuesday.

"Yoseob Oppa," Kyuri rubs her eyes and sits properly. Yoseob sits next to her in his usual white jacket and blue shirt. He is still smiling with his cute smile.

"I'm awake in 5 AM in the morning, Kyuri ah~ It's great, right?" Yoseob claps for himself. "Since I'm going to college after 1 PM, I'm thinking about playing with you today. Is it okay?"

"It's more than okay, Yoseob Oppa," Kyuri gathers her soul from everywhere. "It's just..."

"Just...?" Yoseob is curious for the continuation. "You're free today, aren't you?"

Kyuri nods, "It's just... you need permission to come in my room, Oppa ah~" She hits him with her pillow and laughs. Yoseob has always been like this; he is Kyuri's childhood friend. He is always there for Kyuri. She remembers that Yoseob promised her that he will never make her sad.

Yoseob catches the pillow and laughs along with Kyuri. "Now go shower, my lady, I will prepare breakfast for you today! You're just way too lucky!"

Kyuri giggles and watches Yoseob walks out from her room to go to the kitchen while Kyuri grabs clothes from her wardrobe before go shower. Yoseob is a good cook and Kyuri always love to taste his cooks. She is wondering if somebody knows Yoseob is visiting her this early but she shakes off the thought.

__________

While in the kitchen, Yoseob is making toast for Kyuri and singing along while he makes it. A man walks in the kitchen with newspaper in his hand. He stops when he looks Yoseob and coughs.

Yoseob turns around to look at the man with bright smile but his smile disappears right after he knew who that is.

"Well, morning, Junhyung Hyung," Yoseob puts a sarcastic tone. He works again with his toast, as if nothing happened.

"What are you doing?" Junhyung stands still.

"Making toast, if you can't see," Yoseob answers simply. "I'm making this for Kyuri."

"Don't make anything stupid for her," Junhyung says without changing his tone. "Our cook already made breakfast for her."

Yoseob puts the toast and turns around to face Junhyung, "She will eat my toast. What's your problem?"

"Nothing," Junhyung puts the newspaper on the table. "I just care about my sister."

"Step-sister," Yoseob corrects him. "You're just her step-brother for these last 4 years. I know her since she's born."

Junhyung keeps silent. He leaves the kitchen and walks to the dining room to wait for Kyuri.

__________

"Morning, Junhyung Oppa," Kyuri walks in the dining room with Yoseob. She takes her seat next to Junhyung while Yoseob puts the toast in front of Kyuri before takes a seat next to her.

"Morning, Kyuri ah," Junhyung puts down the newspaper. "Have you seen Jiyeon?"

"Nope," Kyuri answers. "Anything I can help?"

Junhyung shakes his head, "Nothing, let's eat then. I think she's still sleeping."

Kyuri takes a sip of the morning tea and eats Yoseob's cook. Yoseob is looking at her with full of hope. Kyuri smiles and he knows that she's satisfied with his cook. It's always, always been like that.

Junhyung looks at his step-sister and coughs a little to get Kyuri's attention, "What will you do today?"

"Err, nothing...?" Kyuri answers, unsure. "Why?"

"Gikwang sent me an e-mail last night," Junhyung looks Kyuri deeply. "He will return to Seoul this afternoon. His work at US is already done. I think he will come here this afternoon."

"Gikwang Oppa?" Kyuri looks surprised. "He is coming today? Really?"

Yoseob's expression has changed. Junhyung realizes it and smiles, "Yeah, he will come here. He wants to give surprise, I guess, that's why he sent e-mail to me. But I need to make sure you're home today."

"I'm always at home, Oppa," Kyuri says with a little bit of sarcastic tone and Junhyung knows he made a mistake. Kyuri looks at Yoseob and says, "Afternooon, eh? It's unfortunate you can't meet Gikwang Oppa with me."

"Yeah, it's unfortunate to let you meet him," Yoseob mumbles but Kyuri can't hear him.

"Are you happy?" Junhyung asks, out of curiosity.

"I don't know," Kyuri takes another bite of Yoseob's cook. "I mean, it's been a year since I met him. He's charming, polite, and everything, but he's just... too busy. I just meet him once in a while."

"He is busy, Kyuri ah," Junhyung comforts her. "He is busy with Lee's family international business. But he always come to visit you every time he is at Seoul. He's such a good fiancee, isn't he? After all, tomorrow is your 20th birthday. He will never miss it."

Kyuri smiles bitterly while Yoseob keeps silence.

==========

Author's Note:

Oppa = older brother or close older male (used by females only)

Hyung = older brother or close older male (used by males only)