29 Near Future End

Perfectly You
May 5th, 2011
 
Yoseob is running to Kyuri's house. He just arrived at Seoul today. Yoseob left Seoul for his vocal training since September 2010.
 
He misses Kyuri. He really misses her so much. He still remembers the day Kyuri got into the hospital because she had a fever. That day, a final decision has been made by Kyuri.
 
She pulled away from Gikwang. Yoseob was hurting to see Kyuri acted like that; he knew that Kyuri really loves Gikwang but he didn't understand why Gikwang was leaving her for such a reason.
 
Gikwang was scared that he couldn't make Kyuri happy. Yoseob couldn't promise her the eternal happiness too but at least he would try! He won't let Kyuri suffered like that.
 
Today is Kyuri's 21st birthday. Yoseob has bought a special present for her. He wants their meeting after a while will be a memorable moment.
 
But something inside of him keeps telling him that something will happen today. He shove away the thought when he reaches Kyuri's house.
 
It's still the same house. He enters the room and finds Kyuri is playing the piano all by herself.
 
That was the same piano he played when they were little. Kyuri turns to see him; she doesn't change. Her hair is longer, that's all.
 
"Yoseob Oppa," Kyuri smiles at him, making Yoseob feels the butterflies in his stomach again. It's been a while since the last time he felt like this.
 
That smile has always been his treasure of life.
 
"Saengil chukkae yo~" Yoseob walks to her, patting her head. He misses her so much that he wants to hug her, to kiss her, but he can't.
 
He still respects Kyuri's decision.
 
That day at the hospital, Kyuri asked Yoseob and Gikwang to meet her when night fell. With all her heart, she made a final decision.
 
"I'm happy," she muttered, "for having both of you in my life."
 
Yoseob smiles when he remembers it. He sits next to Kyuri and starts to play the piano.
 
"But I don't want to hurt myself or both of you anymore. So I guess all of us just need time to adjust ourselves," Kyuri sighed.
 
She looked at Gikwang, "If you are better off with me and stay in USA, stay there. I will be alright, I promise. Maybe we will find an answer of our question when we're separated."
 
"And Yoseob Oppa," she looks at Yoseob now, "thank you for loving me but I know you're going to have a serious vocal training outside of Seoul. Go. Reach you dream. I will be proud of you."
 
That was her final decision. She decided to stay away from both Yoseob and Gikwang so she could adjust herself from everything. Yoseob and Gikwang agreed with her since both of them knew that maybe it's the best way for them.
 
Kyuri told them that Junhyung and Jiyeon would take care of her. She let them to contact her once in a while but she always warned them to do their jobs at the best state.
 
"You're here," Junhyung walks down the stairs with Jiyeon.
 
Yoseob stands up and bows. He takes a seat again after Junhyung and Jiyeon sit on the sofa, looking at him and Kyuri.
 
He touches his present for Kyuri which is he puts in his pocket; a bracelet with Kyuri's name on it. He will give it to her, to tell her that he still loves her.
 
He touches the tunes and looks at Kyuri, "Do you know this song?"
 
He starts to play the melodies.
 
"Sesangi eoduwojigo
Joyonghi biga naerimyeon
Yeojeonhi geudaero"
-- On Rainy Days by BEAST
 
Kyuri nods and continues the song,
"Oneuldo eogimeobsi nan
Beoseonajil motane
Neoui saenggak aneseo"
 
They continue the song until the last refrain.
 
Yoseob hears the steps and Kyuri turns to look who's walking to them. Yoseob knows who he is.
 
"Gikwang Oppa," Kyuri smiles.
 
Yoseob's smile has disappeared.

__________

Author's Note:

"On Rainy Days" is from BEAST's first full album, "Fiction and Fact"