22 Paranoid

Perfectly You

 

August 20th, 2010
 
Kyuri throws herself on her bed. Yoseob still refuse to pick up her calls. It's been two days passed since Yoseob confessed about his feeling. He left right after his confession, leaving Kyuri puzzled in her own mind.
 
"What should I do?" Kyuri sighs. She never wanted this to happen. She doesn't even understand why this is happening. Did something happen when she lost her memories?
 
A knock on her door makes her surprised. She walks to the door and opens it.
 
Gikwang.
 
"Pardon me," Gikwang smiles weakly. He looks really tired; there are circles under his eyes. He's working really hard these days.
 
Part of him wants to meet Kyuri as usual; he already knew that he means something more than ordinary man for her. But another part of him doesn't have courage to approach her, too scared that he will hurt her again, even though Kyuri has convinced him that it's totally not his fault.
 
Kyuri looks at him with sad eyes; she has a childhood friend who loves her for a really long time yet she didn't realize about it. She has a man she loves, standing right in front of her but he is making a really far distance with her.
 
A tear rolls down to her cheek, making Gikwang gasps.
 
"Why do you cry?" Gikwang is going to wipe away her tear but he holds his thought. Since the day Kyuri told him about the reason of the accident in the hospital, Gikwang never touched her. Not even holding her hands.
 
He feels guilty. Junhyung has told him that Kyuri is totally good now; she remembers her lost memories, she confessed her feeling for Gikwang. What does he expect more?
 
Something is not right.
 
Something is holding Gikwang for getting closer to her.
 
There is a doubt in his heart; a doubt that he can't take a good care of Kyuri if he accepts her feeling. A doubt that he's not the one who deserves Kyuri. A doubt that he can't protect Kyuri.
 
"Why?" Kyuri bits her lower lip. "What happened after the accident? Why did both of you and Yoseob Oppa are avoiding me now?"
 
Gikwang clenches his fists. He doesn't know what happened between her and Yoseob, but whatever she is thinking, it's not the lost memories after the accident that changed Gikwang.
 
"Mianhae," Kyuri wipes away her tears and makes a sad smile. "I am the worst person in the world, for letting my best friend and the one I love to hate me."
 
Gikwang pulls her in his hug. He can't hold it anymore. He didn't want to hurt her so he made a distance with Kyuri, but he didn't want to make her cry.
 
"I don't hate you," Gikwang whispers in her ear, comforts her with his hug. "I never hate you."
 
Kyuri starts to cry again, sobbing in his hug.
 
"I'm scared that I will hurt you," Gikwang tells her about his paranoid thought. "I'm scared that I don't deserve you."
 
Kyuri clutches his shirt, trying her best to say her words, "Then who deserves me?"
 
Gikwang hugs her tighter.
 
Suddenly Kyuri's phone rings. Gikwang loosen his hug while Kyuri wipes her tears away, trying to control her emotion.
 
She takes her phone.
 
It's Yoseob.