13 Promise

Perfectly You

Kyuri is still trying to stop her tears to fall down. Her heart feels hurt, really hurt. She doesn't know why she's crying this hard because of Yoseob.

 
She knows that Yoseob is her childhood friend. She knows that Yoseob promised her that he would protect her and never make her cry. She knows that Yoseob loves her as well; he has confessed about his feeling.
 
But she can't blame Yoseob at all; for his harsh words, his complaints for Kyuri, his madness because of Kyuri. Kyuri feels sorry for him.
 
She drowns her face in her hands, half of her wishes that it's all just a dream; Yoseob will greet her tomorrow as if nothing happened. That they're getting along as usual.
 
Gikwang is sitting next to her, pats her head softly. It's not like he likes to see Kyuri cries. It's not that he doesn't know what to do as well. He just feels uneasy.
 
"It won't be this hurt if it's not him."
 
Those words made Gikwang silence. What does Yoseob mean for Kyuri?
 
"I'm sorry, Gikwang Oppa," Kyuri calms down. "It's not a great night."
 
Gikwang smiles, "It's alright. Take a rest, will you?"
 
"But Yoseob Oppa...," Kyuri mumbles. She is worrying Yoseob right now. She is hurt because of him but she can't let him alone at all.
 
"I'll talk to him," Gikwang straigthens up. "And I promise, I just talk. Nothing else."
 
Kyuri nods and, finally, smiles, "You're really kind, Oppa."
 
Gikwang pats her head once again, "I'm doing it for you."
 
He's going to lean in to kiss her forehead after the words but he stops himself.
 
Kyuri puts a confused expression. It's not that rare to have Gikwang kissed her forehead. Even though after that Kyuri would be blushed like tomato, Gikwang always do it.
 
"I'm not your fiancee anymore," Gikwang touches her cheek. "I don't have the right to kiss for now."
 
Kyuri blushes and that makes Gikwang holds his laugh.
 
"What?" Kyuri is confused now. "What's funny?"
 
"No," Gikwang tries to hold his laugh and changes it into a sincere smile. "It's lovely to see you blush."
 
She is still blushing when Gikwang pats her head once again and bids her 'good night'.
 
He is going to close the door when Kyuri calls his name, "Gikwang Oppa."
 
"Ne," Gikwang turns around.
 
"Kamsahamnida," Kyuri smiles at him. The smile that makes Gikwang feels better even though those words still affect him.
 
Gikwang smiles and closes the door, walks down to the dining room to find Yoseob.
 
Yoseob is sitting on the chair now. He hasv stopped crying and starring at the wall right now. He looks straight to the wall but Gikwang knows that he's focusing at nothing.
 
Yoseob doesn't even aware that Gikwang has walked till next to him. His face is still red because of the vodka.
 
"You need to go back," Gikwang says shortly.
 
"I...," Yoseob doesn't look at Gikwang, "made her cry."
 
Gikwang gives him a confused look. He takes a seat, two seats after Yoseob, "She has stopped crying. She is going to take a rest now."
 
"What have I done...?" Yoseob mumbles, as if he didn't hear Gikwang. "I broke my promise."
 
Gikwang remembered Kyuri's words again, that because it's Yoseob that she felt that hurt, really hurt.
 
Gikwang is feeling uneasy around Yoseob right now but he promised Kyuri to take care of him so he clears his throat, "You need to take a rest. Kyuri is worried about you."
 
No respond.
 
"Don't try to go back home for now," Gikwang realizes that he's still drunk. He stands up and drags Yoseob to an empty bedroom on the first floor, the one designed for Gikwang if he decided to sleep over but he never used it, not even once.
 
Yoseob follows him without a word. He sits on the bed, starring blankly to the wall.
 
Gikwang gave a look at him before leaving him alone in the room and says, "I hope you remember what you did when you wake up tomorrow."

==========

Author's Note:

Re-updated chapter 1 till chapter 13 by adding "Author's Note' and changing the date.

Kyuri's birth date is May 5th, 1991.
Gikwang's birth date is March 30th, 1990.
Yoseob's birth date is January 5th, 1990.

Thanks and please feel free to leave comments. :)