18 I Miss You

Perfectly You

"You... remember?" Gikwang mutters, unsure of her words. He doesn't let go of her hand.

"I...," Kyuri closes her eyes, "I'm not sure but I remember the accident. I remember why did I go out from my house that day. I remember... you."

Gikwang can't take his eyes off of Kyuri now. He can't believe about what he heard just now.

"Kyuri ah," Yoseob comes closer, "Do you remember me?"

Kyuri looks at Yoseob, "Yoseob Oppa... I remember. My childhood friend."

Yoseob feels much better. He scared that she would forget about him and only remember about Gikwang. Stupid but it's true.

"Please don't push her to do more for now," the doctor tells them. "She needs to take a rest. Miss Park, I need to ask some questions for you. Please answer them as much as you can."

Kyuri nods. Gikwang is still holding her hand while Yoseob stands in the end of the bed because the doctor needs to stand near to Kyuri.

"Do you feel pain right now?" the questions start.

"Headache...," Kyuri answers. "Light headache." The nurse writes down her answer on a paper.

"Do you remember how long it has happened to you?"

"No," Kyuri closes her eyes. "I don't."

Before the doctor starts another question, Kyuri asks something back, "What date is it today?"

Gikwang gasps. Yoseob exchanges look with Junhyung.

"It's August 13th. Why?" the doctor answers it. His expression has changed.

"What?" Kyuri looks surprised. "I... I..."

"Calm down, calm down," Gikwang holds her hand tighter. "Easy, easy."

Kyuri bits her lower lip, "I don't understand. The accident happened before my birthday, right? How could 3 months have passed?"

"What is the last thing you remember?" the doctor demands a clear answer now.

"Junhyung Oppa told me that I lost my memories because of the accident, that he's my brother," she answers, making Junhyung widen his eyes. "After that, I don't... I don't remember anything."

Gikwang loosen his grip. Her memories before the accident have returned... yet she forgets her memories after the accident? Memories of what Gikwang has done for her. Memories of their moments together, much closer than before the accident happened.

"You don't remember anything after that?" Yoseob can't hold on his curiosity anymore. "You don't remember the school festival? You don't remember the truth or dare game? You don't..."

"Stop," Junhyung cuts in. "She is confused right now. Please take care of her, doctor. We'll wait outside."

Junhyung drags Yoseob along with him. Gikwang stands up slowly but Kyuri's hand stops him.

Gikwang touches her cheek, "I'll be waiting outside. We will talk later. Just take a rest."

He leaves the room, full with frustrated feeling. He is hurt when he knew that she has forgotten their memories together, the memories when he did his best for her. He walks pass Yoseob and Junhyung, storms out from the hospital, ignoring the rain that falling from the sky.

He walks slowly, walks to anywhere his feet let him to. He can't think of anything right now. He is really wet right now but he doesn't care at all. He doesn't cry. He never cried. But it feels like a knife stabbed his chest. It's hurt so much. Really hurt.

__________

August 14th, 2010

Gikwang was back to the hospital, drenched by the rain, around midnight. Junhyung found him and asked Jiyeon to bring spare clothes for him because he decided to stay in the hospital. Kyuri was drifted to sleep after the doctor examined her. Yoseob was sleeping on the chair, outside of her room.

It's 4 AM in the morning when Kyuri awakes. Junhyung is sleeping next to her while Gikwang is leaning to the wall, looking at her. He has dark ring around his eyes; he hasn't sleep well these days.

"You're awake," Gikwang steps to her bed, trying not to wake Junhyung from his sleep. "How are you feeling?"

"Better," Kyuri smiles weakly.

"Good," Gikwang forces his smile. Kyuri can see that.

"Mianhae," Kyuri frowns. "I don't remember about what happened after the accident, other than you and Yoseob Oppa sang songs for me, both of you visited me everyday. Mianhae."

Her tear rolls down. Gikwang wipes it away, "Don't cry. It's alright. You don't want it to happen too."

He's lying. He's frustrated. He's mad at himself. The last 3 months mean so much for both of them compare to the last 20 years of her memories. He's glad that Kyuri has her memories back, but he hates the fact the she must forget about the last three months.

"I miss you," Kyuri says it out of a sudden.

"Eh?" Gikwang looks at her, wondering if he heard it correctly.

"I was going to buy a welcoming cake for you that day. When I wanted to cross the road, a car hit me. Because I want you to be happy on my 20th birthday," she explains.

"Because I miss you."