03 You, I Like You The Best

Perfectly You

"She needs to rest," the doctor says. "More than before."

"Is she going to stay like this?" Yoseob interrupts. "Is she going to get back her memories?"

"I don't know, Sir," the doctor looks sad. "It can be permanent. We never know. But please don't push her to remember her memories. It will be hard for her to memorize all things in one. Her body is already weak, so please, don't give her another pressure."

"We know," Jyunhyung looks at Kyuri.


They are standing next to the door, talking about Kyuri's condition after the doctor examined her again.

Gikwang is sitting next to her. The nurse gave her anaesthetic to let her sleep. Gikwang holds her hand gently and doesn't say anything.

Yoseob looks at Kyuri and he holds his tears from dropping. He looks at his watch; it's already 11.59 PM. It's almost past midnight and Kyuri lost her memories, right before her 20th birthday. He walks to Kyuri and takes a seat as well, right across Gikwang. Both of them don't look at each other and just look at the sleeping Kyuri.

Just right when 12 AM, Gikwang whispers at Kyuri's ear, "Saengil chukkae, Kyuri."

Yoseob sings "Happy Birthday" softly. He squeezes Kyuri's hand while he's singing the song. "I'm going to make you your favorite chocolate cake today. You're 20 years old now, Kyuri ah."

Junhyung bites his lower lip. He can't say anything at all. His heart is aching when he looks at Kyuri; he's blaming himself for the accident. If only he checked around for Kyuri faster, the accident won't happen at all. Kyuri won't lose her memories. She will be celebrating her birthday now.

He just doesn't understand; why did Kyuri suddenly sneak away from the house alone?


__________

"Good morning," Gikwang greets Kyuri when the girl opens her eyes. Yoseob fell asleep next to her left side; his hand is still holding Kyuri's. Gikwang hasn't sleep at all; he is watching Kyuri all night even thought it's 7 AM now. Junhyung is filling the administration, leaving Kyuri with Gikwang and sleeping Yoseob.

Kyuri doesn't answer anything, doesn't sure about who are the guys next to her.

Gikwang smiles gently, "My name is Lee Gikwang. You're at hospital now. You had an accident yesterday. Your brother is filling administration for you now."

"I am...," Kyuri mumbles weakly. She tries to remember her name but Gikwang answers her thought, "You lost your memories because of the accident. Your name is Park Kyuri."

Kyuri throws her eyes at sleeping Yoseob and she doesn't even try to release her hand from Yoseob. She pats Yoseob's head with her another hand and Yoseob is awake because of the soft touch.

"Kyuri ah!" Yoseob is going to hug her but he stops when he looks at Gikwang. He sits again and coughs a little, remembers that Kyuri has already forgotten everything.

"Yang Yoseob ah~ Yang Yoseob ah~" Yoseob hums and gives her a smile cute. "I'm your childhood friend."

"Yoseob...," Kyuri repeats his name.

Yoseob nods quickly, "Remember this song?"


"Nan niga jeil joha niga jeil yeppeo
Jinaganeun gotgot maeryeogi da heulleo
Niga jeil joha neo hanamyeon dwae
Gaseume saegyeo dwo
Niga sesangeseo jeil sojunghae"

-- I Like You The Best by BEAST


Yoseob makes some dance moves when singing the song. For the first time after the accident, Kyuri smiles, even it's just a simple smile. Yoseob is satisfied with her smile and squeezes her hand lightly again.

Gikwang doesn't say anything up until Yoseob holds Kyuri's hand. He holds Kyuri's right hand to get her attention, "I'm not going to force you to remember anything but...

"I'm gonna make you love me, neol sarang handago
Nan niga isse haengbok hae, eonjena neoppun ingeol
Because of you you you you, neo hanaman saenggakhae
You you you you ijen
Nal saranghae jwoyo, nal saranghae jwoyo, nal bara bwa jwo yo"

-- You by BEAST


Yoseob's jaw drops open when Gikwang stops his singing. Kyuri's tears are suddenly rolling down her cheeks. Gikwang quickly wipes them away and smiles, more satisfied than Yoseob.

Yoseob is totally shocked because of it; Gikwang never did something like that before. He has quiet personality, unlike Yoseob. That's why Yoseob can't believe that Gikwang did the singing for Kyuri.

While Kyuri has a confused look, wondering why did she cry because of a song by a man she doesn't remember, Gikwang and Yoseob know that they need to work hard if they want Kyuri in their lives... as their love.

==========

Author's Note:

"I Like You The Best" is from "Lights Go On Again" Mini Album.

"You" is from "Fiction and Fact" Album.