Misunderstanding

Even After Time (Infinite Hiatus)

"It is getting dark now. Soo- no J-jessica, I have one more place I want to go with you to, though" Leeteuk speaks.

Jessica becomes curious, "Where is that?"

He smiles, "Its' a surprise. . ."

Jaejoong feels the atmosphere, that it's time for them to leave. So, he gathers all the bags into his hands and stands up before any of the siblings even reacts. 

"I'll go get the car" Jaejoong says and starts walking.

 

 

By the car, Jaejoong unlocks the vehicle and opens the tailgate. Without thinking, he almost throws in the bags into the trunk, before closing it. He sighs and thinks: I can finally put all these stuff in.

 

 

"Wah! Neomu yeppuda~!" Jessica exclaims.

Leeteuk stares and smiles at her, feeling quite satisfied with his surprise.

"It's pretty, isn't it? Being here on the highest floor of the Empire State Building and just staring out at night, it really is something else."

 

 

"Do you remember?" Leeteuk ask her.

Jessica stares at him with a blank expression, not sure what he implies. Her memory isn't always the best, despite the fact that she can sleep day in and day out. 

"Remember what?" Jessica asks innocently.

"It's nothing, don't worry about it" Leetuek replies, lost in thoughts.

It triggers Jessica' curiousity, "What?"

But, her brother continues to stare out of the window, withouth saying a word or making a sound. His weird actions makes Jessica worry.

"Oppa. . . !"

Leeteuk hear her, but doesn't answer. Instead, he thinks: those words that I believed so effortlessly, blinded me from reality. 

"It's nothing, don't worry about it," he repeats.

Without the other knowing, both of them starts to feel tears forming in the corner of their eyes. Leeteuk just blinks them away while Jessica turns against the window again, taking in the fantastic view. However, she's still worried about what Leeteuk won't tell her.

"Nevermind," Leeteuk smiles.

A heavy silence fills the place. Neither of them knows exactly what to say to lighten up the mood. But at the same time, Jessica blames Leeteuk for creating the awkward moment with his philosophic words she couldn't understand. And then, not to explain what he meant makes her a bit sad. That he won't confine in her despite the fact they are brother and sister, closer than most siblings she's ever met. 

Then, all of a sudden, Leeteuk finally speaks up. But not about a subject Jessica had expected.

"Have you read the letter mom wrote for you and dad?"

"Letter?" she whispers surprised.

Leeteuk at her innocence and comes up behind her, before placing his arms around her tiny figure. His chin rests against her head and they stand still for a while.

"I'm sorry. . . sorry for being such a bad brother," he begins. "Let's just enjoy the rest of the night. I won't bother you anymore."

Jessica pulls away, hearing his new strange and philosophic words. She really has no clue what Leeteuk goes on and on about. What letter? What of the mother?

"I don't get it, you haven't done anything wrong. . ."

But, he doesn't answer, which makes Jessica sigh. A sudden urge to go to the ladies' restroom comes up and she hands Leeteuk her bag. 

"Oh right, I'll be right back," she explain, before she hurries off.

 

 

10 minutes later, Jessica hasn't returned and her bag begins to vibrate as a song comes out. Leeteuk opens her bag and finds her phone lit up while emitting a song:

You're like complete and beautiful I just cant live without you girl~*

Without thinking about manners, Leeteuk grabs her phone and presses answers, not even looking the screen for a number or name. He hears someone breathe.

"Hey princess~ I know its probably late there, but I just wanted to say-"

Leeteuk becomes concerned the more he listens,

"Princess?" Leeteuk cuts him off.

On the other side of the line, Donghae feels himself grow worried and angry at the same time. Hearing a male voice answer her phone is never a good sign, no matter who it is. But most importantly, why is a man answering her phone? Where the hell is his princess, Jessica? Is she hurt? Has someone done anything to her?

However, Donghae manages to calm himself and answers cooly, "Who is this?"

Leeteuk can sense his emotions and realizes who's calling his younger sister. Therefore, a mischievous smiles spreads over his face. Leeteuk decides to play the man a prank, cruel or funny, it's up to the viewer.

"That's the exact question I want to ask you, dude."

Donghae can't control his feelings anymore, almost blowing up.

"Her BOYFRIEND!"

"Boyfriend? Why, yes? That is me."

Leeteuk almost can't hold the laughter that's bubbling inside. However, his mind orders him to do so if he wishes to succeed with the joke on his younger sister's supposedly boyfriend.  

"Where is Jessica?" Donghae demands.

He clings onto the belief that Jessica would never cheat on him, she was just to innocent and cute to ever even look at other men. There was just no way she would. . .

"Oppa!"

Leeteuk turns around, still holding the phone to his ear. Jessica has returned and she is shocked to see her brother holding her phone and speaking to someone on her phone.

The other end hears.

"Speaking of her, she just came back," Leeteuk informs the other party.

Donghae seizes his chance, despite his growing anger, "Can I speak to her for a moment?"

Leeteuk turns around towards Jessica, now reaching out the phone towards her. She's still in shock and just stares at the hand he holds out. 

"He wants to speak to you."

She reacts and snatches the phone from him, looking at the screen for a name. 

"Who?" she mimes.

"Your boyfriend," Leeteuk whispers to her, enjoying to see a nervous Jessica.

She looks at him in hopelessness, "Donghae?"

Leeteuk nods, before he sits down at a bench right next to them. Jessica closes her eyes, takes a deep breath, while trying to figure out a good explanation as to why her brother answered instead of her. Also, she needs to be prepared for the anger that might be coming at her. Eventually, she feels kinda ready and lifts the phone against the ear.

"Hello?" 

"YAH JESSICA~! Donghae screams.

Jessica holds the phone away from her and waits for him to finish, before she herself raises her voice, just as angry as Donghae. Why does he find the need to scream at her? Let's keep things civilized. 

"WHY ARE YOU SCREAMING?"

"What do you mean why was I screaming? I just heard you have a boyfriend already and you are asking why I am mad?"

Donghae just babbles on, knowing he sounds so childish. But, he don't care at the moment. He's nervous and quite hurt, while his mind keeps repeating: what if. . . what if. . . what if. . .

Jessica doesn't follow along, "Boyfriend? Ya! That's you! What are you talking about?"

Donghae feels himself blush and go weak when he hears Jessica calling him her boyfriend. He has always loved whenever she does that.

But, he shakes of the feelings of happiness and continues his quest for the truth.

"Then, who was that earlier?"

"Leeteuk oppa?" Jessica asks innocently.

The other side becomes silent and Jessica knows Donghae is embarrassed, which he is. Also, he feels ridiculous while his heart is calming down. Of course! Jessica would never cheat on him!

"That was your brother?" he asks eventually.

"Uh. . . duh~!"

Guilt spreads like fire inside him and Donghae becomes a little down. He should have trusted Jessica, his girlfriend, from the start and not have blown up like that. It's both uneccessary and childish of him. Also, he did not like when she saw those sides of him, it was embarrassing.

"Sorry about that then," he mutters. "You are not mad. . . are you?"

Jessica smiles at his charming cuteness and puts on her best aegyo voice, knowing how much Donghae loves it and grows weak when he listens to it.

"No, I could never be mad you, honey~! Don't be sad~."

Yet, her natural voice returns when she enters a little more serious subject, still hurt from his distrust in her. They were a couple, right? He should be able to trust her. Jessica had never done anything for him to mistrust her.

"I'm just a little disappointed you didn't trust me enough," she says, adding a final line, "but, that is probably my own fault. . ."

Donghae becomes confused, "How is it your fault?"

"I'm overseas, right? And the feeling of losing one another. . . I understand it, I feel the same way too sometimes, like, when you have to go with your dad on bussiness trips."

Donghae blushes and his heart begins to beat faster. Aw damn~! How he loves this girl! He's so happy that Jessica of all the girls in the world is his girlfriend.

"Aw~ I love you, princess~"

Jessica grins, "I love you too~"

Then she remembers, "Oh! By the way, why did you call me?"

Donghae also remembers the reason.

"Ah right! The project is finished and approved!"

"Really?That's great!" Jessica replies enthusiatically.

Then, her brother interferes from behind, clearing his throat so loudly even Donghae believes he heard it. He becomes worried he has gotten on the wrong foot with her older brother, one of the people who's approval Donghae wants for dating Jessica.

"It's late, you need to sleep," Leeteuk tells her.

Although he doesn't know, Donghae agrees.

"Ya, princess~ you should go to sleep now! I'll call you again tomorrow, okay? Good night, baby. I miss and love you~!"

Jessica sighs, disappointed they have to hang up so soon. They had only been talking for a few minutes, why couldn't they continute the whole night? She could just sleep the whole day tomorrow, she was good at it.

"Arasso. . . bye, my fishy."

"Bye~!" Donghae says and ends the conversation.

Then, Jessica puts her phone in her bag and turns around towards brother Leeteuk. He already stands right behind her, his arms open for her to enter. She smiles gently and they hug.

"Bye Leeteuk oppa!" Jessica says, before heading towards the elevator.

 

 

Having gotten downstairs, Jessica is standing by the car and knocks on the window. The doors unlock and Jessica hops into the passengerside, feeling she wants some company, even if it's a silent kind. 

"Miss," Jaejoong speaks.

Jessica looks at him, "Huh?"

"Your brother and I are going back to Korea tomorrow," he explains, before adding, "Are you coming with us?"

"Dad have the green lights?" Jessica asks surprised.

Jaejoong nods.

"Of course, I'll go. . . the sooner the better"

Jaejoong smiles, "That's good. And. . . did you have fun today?"

There's no reply for a while and Jaejoong feels a little hurt. Until he looks to the passengerside: Jessica has fallen asleep, which makes Jaejoong smile. Then, he takes of his blazer and places it over her like a blanket. He also gives Jessica a neck pillow and even manages to slip underneath neck without waking her.

"Goodnight, Jessica~"

 

 

A/N: Jessica has no interest in Jaejoong whatsoever, so don't get mad at her. She isn't cheating on Donghae. Donghae is the only person she loves like that. . . for now~ . . . haha~ Jaejoong kinda likes her, but he's the mysterious kind, you know, keke~

Sorry for short chapter ~lazy author~ Other characters will start showing up in the next chapter and this story will begin rolling for real~

Please comment and subscribe~! :D