New York

Even After Time (Infinite Hiatus)

(Authors' Point of View)

Jessica wakes up and looks around, remembering that she's still in the hotel room. She reaches for her phone and smiles when she recalls the conversation she had with Donghae before she went to sleep. She sees two new messages have arrived and swipes her lockscreen open. The first one is from Donghae: 

Morning Beautiful~ Have a nice day and be safe, okay? You're probably still asleep and I don't want to wake you up with a call , so I am sending this instead~ Here is your morning kiss :) Oppa is waiting for you. . . comeback soon~

I miss you so much!

                                                        ~Love,  your one and only Fish Donghae~

 

Jessica smiles brightly after seeing the content of the message from her beloved one, and begin to type in a reply of her own, posing in front of the camera and taking an aegyo picture:

 

Fishy, go to sleep! Don't worry about me too much and rest. . . I'm coming back soon enough, just wait a little more. Mianhae~ :(  *Mwuah*

~ With Lots of Love , Jessica~

 

Then, her phone begins to vibrate while a familiar sounds emits into the air: 

*You're like a queen and beautiful, I just cant live without you girl~*

Jessica presses green on the screen, answering: "Hello?"

"Miss," a recognizable voice says, "did you recieve my message?"

"Oh~ Jaejoong I was just about to read it. . ."

"Ah~  I see. . . I'm sorry for rushing you, I thought it didnt send because you didn't reply, and I sent it over 2 hours ago. . ."

"It's fine. . . I'll read over it. . . thanks."

"Ah ne~ Message me when you want me to pick you up," Jaejoong asks.

She nods, although he can't see, "Arraso, I'm hanging up now. . . bye!"

When she have ended the call, she opens her messages and sees exactly what her bodyguard impinged. Underneath her first message from her beloved Donghae is an unopened one, sent from Jaejoong. She opens it and reads the following:

 

Mam, I am taking a trip back to Korea tomorrow, if that is fine with you, of course. I will pick you up later so just message me when you are done getting ready, since your brother wants to meet you today.

Jaejoong

A smile forms on her face when she finishes reading it and closes the message. Then, she places her phone on the nightstand and swings the duvet aside, getting out of bed.

"He could have just told me in the phonecall," Jessica mutters.

 

 

20 minutes later, ready and dressed beautifully in the latest trends, Jessica picks up her phone from her bag and opens a new message. She quickly types in a short message for Jaejoong, before sending it.

Jaejoong-ssi, I'm at the lobby

Jessica

A reply comes within half a minute, which makes her impressed by his quickness.

Ne, I'm coming

Jaejoong

................................................................................................

When he arrives, he bows forward a little, to show his respect as the employee, "Miss."

Jessica gets up from the armchair she was waiting in, ready to leave the hotel.

"Let's go."

"Ne," he nods.

Then, he begins walking a little in front of her as they're heading towards the car. Jessica feels the professionalism he poses emitting like sunshine from his body. He sure only thinks of work whenever he's working.

And when they are in the car, an awkward silence fills the vehicle as he begins driving towards where Jessica is supposed to meet her brother. But, Jessica is determined to break the ice between them. So, how about a small joke?

"Jaejoong~" she sings.

Her voice send chills down his spines, and he blushes a little. She sure has a beautiful voice and Jaejoong can't help but think: What's wrong with me? I'm just a bodyguard to her. Jaejoong, get yourself together!

"Jaejoong?" she all of a sudden wonders.

"Ah, ne?" he answers with an insecure tone.

She smiles, "Are you okay?"

He nods, "Yes, of course. What can I help you with, miss?"

"Can you give me brother's number. I want to text that we're almost there."

"Ne. . . here you go," Jaejoong mumbles and grabs the phone in his pocket.

Then, he gives Jessica it, who unlocks and begins looking through the contact list. It takes a little longer than she first expected, since there are so many of them in there.

But, eventually, she exclaims: "Ah~ here it is!"

Jessica quickly takes out her own phone and begins a new text, meant for her brother. With giddy feelings inside, she sends it off and waits quite impatiently for his answer. 

 Leetuek oppa, we are here~

Jessica

"Sooyeon-ah!~"

 

 

A/N: New update~ I will continue this chapter in a couple minutes because this is so short. Therefore will there be a part 2 of this chapter "New York" I am just getting a quick break so I left a cliffhanger hehehehe. . .

Leetuek is her brother! You guys can make a request for characters. But, for now I'm pretty much good and ready to go with this fic~ Hope you enjoy and thank you for reading~  Thank you, Coccchanel eonnie, again! <3 :D