Beginning

Even After Time (Infinite Hiatus)

"Yah Jung Sooyeon! Hurry and come outside already, we're waiting for you!" the little boy scram from the backyard.

The little girl turns around and asks her mother, "Eomma can you hurry?Oppa is getting mad."

"Don't worry they can wait," her mom says as she smiles widely.

Her hand continues to brush her daughter's beautiful, long hair. Then, she grabbs a pink ribbon and makes a ponytail, wrapped in a cute bow.

"There, all done! Have fun and be safe, okay?" Her mom continues and puts down the brush on the table nearby.

"Ne eomma~ Annyeong!" the girl says.

She hops down from the chair by the kitchen table and runs off outside.

 

 

"I'm here!" Sooyeon shouts with a big smile.

"Well, it's about time," The little boy mumbles angrily.

"Sorry for making you guys wait," she says pouting.

"No, it's okay. You didn't take that long anyways," another boy assures her.

"15 minutes is not a long time?!" the little boy asks sarcastically.

"I just couldn't find our clubs' shirt and mom didn't want my hair to be messy, so she put it into a ponytail" the girl says with her head hanging low.

"Don't worry about it and let's just play now that we are all here," the boy says.

They all nod as they run off to play their games, tumble around in the grass and look for magical treasures and animals.

 

 

"Okay guys, let's split into teams. Today we have a different way of splitting into teams. Here are the rules: all choose one of those little silver boxes with locks over there," the little boy began and pointed towards some silver cases on the ground.

"In those little boxes are rings specially designed for each team that dad bought for us. You're welcome, by the way. And depending on the ring you get is which team you are in."

The boy takes a short break, looking around among the group to make sure they're listening well, because he refuses to repeat the rules again.

"One person from each team will recieve a special ring, but with the same color as that team. If you are the person with this ring you must be alive when your team wins. The trick, however, is that you are not allowed to say you have it. This game is based on teamwork and protecting each other is key because you will never know which person has that ring. 

After one team gets rid of all members of the other team. We will check in the end if the chosen person is still alive. If that person went out from getting hit by a paint ball, the other team automatically wins."

He sighs, "So do you guys have any questions?" the little boy asks the group.

"I have something to say," one of the girls say.

"What?"

"Well, first of all, you had to buy the rings because you were respnsible of today's meeting. And second of all, how is it fair that the losing team can still win since the person with the special ring in the team got out too?"

"Well, the point of the game is teamwork and there's no winning team if there's no teamwork. I mean, besides that person was not chosen by someone but based on which box they get."

"Let's start now, so we can finish before we have to go home."

"Alright, let's pick the boxes!"

 

 

"Eomma, appa, we are done playing," the two kids says, looking really tired and beat.

Their eyelids is close to shutting completely and their usually high energy is gone. 

"Did you guys have fun?" their parents ask.

"Ne! We would play again, but that would make us past our bed time," the kids shout with huge, bright smile, before both start to yawn.

Their parents laughed while patting the kids' heads.

Their mother leans forward and gives both a kiss each on their foreheads, "Go to sleep both of you, you guys look really tired."

"Brush you teeth. The maids already made your beds," their dad continues.

The kids nodded and ran upstairs to their rooms.

 

 

"Hey sis, are you awake?" the little boys asks while laying down in the bed next to his sister.

"Mm" The sister replies.

"Great, let's pray together," the boy suggests.

"Arraso" she answers.

"Okay, I will start."

"Lord, thank you for letting me have such a great life. Thank you for giving me my family and friends. I can't ask for more than what you have given me now. Thank you for today and please make everyday from now on as great as today."

"Lord, thank you for giving us such a blessing of living in such a big house. Please make this family happy and healthy forever. And also, continue to help unicorns fly and keep monsters away from our sleeps. They're evil and scary."

"Amen." They say in synch.

"Goodnight ,little sis'. I love you," the boy mumbles.

Then, the boy pulls the blanket over his head, tucking himself in.

"I love you, too. Goodnight," the little girl replies in a whisper.

The lights go out and the room goes dark. Not long after, both have fallen into deep sleep, dreaming of white unicorns and glittering butterflies in a land of candy.