That Night

Even After Time (Infinite Hiatus)

The little boy wakes up in the middle of the night, feeling thirsty and in desperate need of a glass of water or something.

He goes downstairs and heads to the kitchen. He grabs a cup and pours some water in it, before he heads back upstairs. While walking up the stairs, he overhears his dad in the living room and heads back down.

"I am sorry. I don't care how much I will earn for getting your company. My family is more important than money or myself. Father, you know how much my  family means. Can't you see it from my perspective?"

His father goes quite for a short while, before he continues in irritation.

"If this is another one of your bribes for divorce, I don't want it."

He became quite again, but then goes on.

"Rich? I already have a company, I don't need yours and your bussiness partners to help me," his dad replies while on the phone.

"Son, you are making a big mistake I will give you one more month to think. Besides I'm not separating you from the kids. It's just your wife, "the other end replies.

"You just don't get it, do you? This conversation is over, I'm hanging up, " his dad answers.

"You are a disgrace to this family and the name."

"That doesn't matter. Bye!" the dad finishes as he hungs up.

"Appa?" the little boy asks.

His father spins around in surprise, before an insecure smile widens his lips.

"Oh? What are you doing up?"

"I just woke up and decided to get something to drink," the little boy replies.

"Ah~ I didn't wake you up did I?"

"Aniyo. . ." the boys and shakes his head.

The air becomes silent, until the boy can't hold in the question gnawing at him inside and finally lets it out.

"What was that about?" 

"It's nothing, don't worry about it," the dad quickly assures his son.

"Come on, let's get back to sleep," the dad suggests and changes the subject.

 

 

*One week later*

"Mr. Jung, we need to talk."

"What is it Hun?"

"I heard from your dad."

"Don't worry about it, it's nothing."

"Nothing? Your dream is on the line. Your future. And your telling me it's nothing? That I don't have to worry? But the only thing that separates you and that dream is me. Is it really nothing?"

"Look I've changed my dream. And that dream is this family. A future without you is not what I want."

"I don't want that either but just trust me for this once. I never asked you for anything before. It's for your better."

"I can't do that. I'm sorry."

"It's what I want. A divorce can be one sided."

"You can't do this to me. Please don't."

"I'm doing this for you. You will understand in the future."

 

 

*Day before separation*

"Oppa, why are you packing?" the little girl sobs.

"I will be back, I promise," the brother replies with tears falling down his eyes.

"Where are you going?"

"You don't have to worry about that. I promise to bring you back a unicorn stuff toy and your favorite lollipop. But only if you promise to take care of yourself well and appa too, okay?

"Promise?"

"Promise," the little boy smiles and walks up to his sister.

His arms encircles her tiny body and holds her close. She sobs and returns the hug the best she could. 

"I love you. I really do. I'm not going to leave you. Never."

"Okay," his sister sobs.

"Go to sleep," the boy whispers and lets her go. 

 

 

*Next day*

"OPPA! Where are you going? I thought you promised never to leave me?! OPPA! EOMMA! EOMMA!" the little girl screams crying and running after the moving car. The maids comes after quickly, before grabbing her and taking her back to the house. 

Inside car, the little girl's brother sits in the backseat, looking at his crying sister through the window. His heart is heavy, but he manages to keep himself from crying. Instead, he smiles and waves towards his beloved sister. The last memory he wants her to have of him is a big smile, not in tears. 

"Mianhae Sooyeon-ah. I will never leave you. Never in my heart. You deserve a better life," the brother whispers.

"Son, you should have stayed with them. You deserve that life with your father. "

"Eomma, someone has to be with you. I can't leave you."

"Gomawo. Gomawo," the mom replies crying as well.

 

 

A/N: Sorry for this really messy chapter. I did this on my phone. I will fix it later on. Please do comment and subscribe. Comment who you want the characters to be, also. I was thinking that the guy Jessica likes is Donghae, but I am open to suggestions as well. There are many characters, so do comment. Please support my story and I will update as soon as I can~! :D

Re: I fixed it~ and everyone, say hello to my eonnie and co-author - Coccchanel! :D