New York, Part 2

Even After Time (Infinite Hiatus)

"Sooyeon-ah~!"

"Oppa!"

Her brother, Leeteuk, comes running towards her with his arms wide open. Jessica giggles and jokingly goes the way, running away from him. But then, after taking a few steps, she turns back and they hug. In the mean time, her bodyguard stands by the car. Jaejoong don't know what to do and just looks around a little, without knowing where to focus his eyes.

Leeteuk smiles and pulls away from the hug. That's when he notices Jaejoong by the car and looks at his younger sister with a curious look and the brows raised.

"Who is he? Your boyfriend? You guys look-" 

"Anniyo!" Jessica cuts him off. "He is my bodyguard, Jaejoong-ssi. My boyfriend? 

Then, she smiles teasingly, "That is something I'll never tell you, oppa!"

Leeteuk grins back, "So, you do have one, but it isn't this guy. Hmm. . . what a mystery. . . I wonder who it is."

"Anneyeonghaseyo," Jaejoong finally speaks and bows.

Both the siblings looks at him, performing a perfect greeting to his employer's older brother.

"Ah right, hello," Leeteuk smiles.

Jessica quickly changes the focus from Jaejoong to herself and her brother.

"So, where do you want to go now, oppa?"

Leeteuk thinks for a short moment, "How about Magnolia Bakery?"

"Sounds good," Jessica grins.

 

 

Jessica sighs, "The line is pretty long."

Her eyes travels along each person waiting in line in front of the cash registry. She feels a bit annoyed that so many people had to come just today, when she wanted to sit down with her brother and talk. But, her mood swings around for the better when Leeteuk lands an arm on her shoulder and pulls her closer in a brotherly hug. 

"Mianhae Sooyeon," Leeteuk sighs as well.

"Hmm? A-anniyo, its fine," Jessica smiles, but continues. "O-oppa?"

"Ne?"

She feels a bit down from telling him this.

"Dad, changed my name to Jessica"

Leeteuk gets quite taken back from the information. He had no idea their father changed his younger sister's name, as their mother never thought of that when it came to him.

"He did? I see. . ." he frowns, "Give me some time, so I'll be able to get used to it."

Then, a sigh can be heard from behind and the surprised siblings turns around to see Jaejoong with an irritated look on his face. He looks so very uncomfortable standing in line.

"Jaejoong, are you ok?" Jessica laughs.

"Ne. . . I-I just uh~. . . we are next. . . t-that's why," Jaejoong stutters after he finds an excuse.

.

 

About 15 minutes later, the three of them have ordered each their cupcake. Jessica grabs a tissue and wipes the corner of and her lips, before taking a new one and cleaning her hands. Both Leeteuk and Jaejoong imitates her, which makes Jessica giggle, which in return makes her brother smile. 

"So," he says, "where do you want to go now, Soo. . . I mean Jessica?"

Jessica shines up, "Shopping!"

Jaejoong chimes in, "Let's go?"

"Let's go!" the siblings shout excitedly.

Jaejoong looks at them with one brow raised, before he shakes his head. Jessica and Leeteuk just laugh at each other, before all three of them get up from their seats and leave the bakery.

 

 

A few hours later, they comes out from a newly opened mall, carrying several bags. The men, Jaejoong in particular, are tired from walking around in the shops and boutiques for hours. But, Jessica is happy.

"Where to now?" she asks.

Leeteuk looks at her, "Where do you want to go?"

"Sit down. . ." Jaejoong replies, although the question wasn't meant for him.

Her brother frowns, "Sure. . . why not?"

He feels pity for the bodyguard, as he's the one carrying most of the bags. Jessica only carries one or two, which are lighter than feathers. Leeteuk himself holds two, one with a pair of gym sneakers, and the other with some new ties. 

They began looking for somewhere to sit. They don't want to settle down at a restaurant, as they would have to order something to be able to do so and no one is hungry. Yet. However, soon, they find an empty bench in front of a beautiful park. As soon as Jaejoong sees the bench, he runs quickly and dropps all the bags onto the bench. Leeteuk and Jessica takes their seats next to Jaejoong.

 

 

"It's getting dark now Soo- no. . . J-jessica," Leeteuk says. "I have one more place I want to go with you to, though."

"Where is that?"

"It's a surprise. . ." Leetuek says, smiling widely and secretly.

 

 

A/N: Here's part 2 of New York! Jessica is not there yet, she and her brother have one more place to go before New York~

The other characters will make a comeback soon so anticipate that. . . They will come one by one after Jessica comes back to Korea. . .

How do you guys like Jaejoong? Hehe~ mysterious character. I hope you guys are enjoying the story. Thank you to the new subscribers and readers.Thanks to Coccchanel eonnie, who is the co-author! I will update again soon~ today or tomorrow. . .