Thank You…For Remembering

Forgotten Promise

"H-How could he just leave like that?" Yoona sobbed, trying to wipe her tears away. She failed, as she broke down. Tears streamed down her cheeks, as Jessica and Yuri tried to comfort her.

"It's okay, Yoong," Yuri assured. "I'm sure Donghae's going to come back. I'm positive."

"I want to see him now! He's waited so long for this moment to happen. But now he's gone. Gone, I tell you! He vanished before I woke up! This is so awful!" Yoona cried.

"Tell me about it," Jessica murmured. "I mean, if Donghae was here, I could've went shopping with Heechul, but…"

Yoona bawled loudly, upset about Jessica's comment. Minho shot Jessica a glare.

"You didn't need to make her cry," Minho snapped. Jessica glared back at Minho, frowning.

"I don't see you trying to comfort her," Jessica grumbled. "Why don't you try? Huh?"

"Fine. I will." Minho turned to Yoona and wiped a tear away with his thumb. "Yoona…don't cry. It's going to be okay."

"It's not going to be okay! He's gone, alright? How is it going to be okay when he's gone?!" Yoona screamed angrily. More tears began to trickle down her cheeks, as Yoona made little hiccup noises. She could not stop crying, and Minho had made it worse. He flinched, and stepped back. He walked next to Heechul, who was just staring at the poor girl crying.

"Look, why don't we just fetch Donghae from the airport before he leaves?" Heechul suggested. Yoona stopped crying immediately when hearing Heechul's suggestion. Jessica's face lit up, as Yuri and Minho sighed in relief.

"Good job, Heechul oppa! You made her stop crying!" Jessica cheered. Yoona saw a tube that was attatched to her thumb. She bit her lips and turned to Yuri.

"Get me out of here," Yoona demanded. Yuri's eyes widened.

"Mwoh?"

"Get me out of here. Right now. Get me some clothes. If you can't that's fine, but just get me out of here."

Yuri laughed. "Yoona, you can't leave. The doctor said that you have to rest for a few days."

"I'm not going to sit here and cry for Donghae! I have to do something!" Yoona shouted angrily. She slammed her left fist against her bed. She curled up into a ball and began crying again. 

He's not coming, Yoona thought, shaking her head. He's never going to come back!


"Donghae? Is that you?" Donghae looked up to see Sunye holding plenty of plastic bags. She stared at Donghae confusingly, as Donghae's face brightened up.

"Sunye! Oh, thank you!" Donghae exclaimed. He dashed towards her and scratched the back of his head. "Listen. I need you to do me a favor."

"Sure. Right after I'm done cleaning up the shop. I have to put these ingredients away, too. Then, I'll close the shop and I'll meet you right here, okay?" Sunye said. Donghae shook his head.

"No, no, no. I need your help. I know your shop isn't going to open till tomorrow, but this is an emergency."

Sunye bit her bottom lips. "But…I don't know, Donghae. I have to close the shop."

"Please? It's really important. I messed up and…well, I don't know. I want to order chocolate cake and strawberry shortcake, and since I met you, I thought you can make the cakes for me," Donghae replied uneasily, unsure of what he had to say. Sunye stared at Donghae, and stared at him sympathetically. She gave him a weak smile.

"Donghae, honestly, I would do you your favor, but…" Sunye sighed, and then stared at him with sad eyes. "I'm out of strawberry for decorating the strawberry shortcake."


After two longs hours later, Jessica, Heechul, and Yuri left. Minho stood behind, assuring that he would watch until Yoona went to sleep. Yoona refused to go to sleep, even though her body was worn out.

"C'mon, Yoona. If you're not going to sleep, you should at least eat," Minho encouraged, pushing her the sandwich he had gotten. Yoona pushed the plate away.

"No." Her answer was sharp and snappy, informing Minho that she wasn't going to listen to him and be stubborn. Minho sighed and glanced at the clock. It was almost midnight in about five more minutes, and he had to go soon. Minho touched Yoona's cold hand.

"Yoona-ah…Stop being so stubborn. Eat."

"I'm going to get fat."

"You always ate when Dong…I mean, when he was here," Minho murmured. Yoona scowled.

"I don't want to talk about him," Yoona muttered coldly. Minho grew frustrated at Yoona's cold and stubborn responses.

"Look, sooner or later, Donghae's going to come in here! He's going to come in, and you're going to act like a jerk. Is that what you really want? Huh? Okay, so he left. Deal with it. He's going to come back. I might not know Donghae well, but I know him well enough that he won't ditch a girl, especially if it's a girl he loves," Minho announced strongly. As if on the cue, the door swung open, revealing a fishy man holding a box in his arms. Donghae panted and panted until he caught sight of Yoona and Minho.

"Yoona!" Donghae exclaimed. He dropped the box he was holding and ran up to her. He embraced her quickly into a tight hug and began to kiss her hand. Yoona blushed, staring at Donghae's reaction as Minho stared at the two with disgust.

"Ew." Minho murmured. "Er, I'll be going then." With that, he quickly took off before Yoona or Donghae could say anything. Donghae didn't care. He didn't even heard the door shut close. All his attention was focused on Yoona.

"I…I…I thought…" Donghae broke down into tears. "I-I-I thought I lost you! I was so scared…"

He gripped Yoona's soft and delicate hands tighter and began to cry. Relief washed through him as he pursed his lips, trying to keep himself from crying. Yoona clenched her jaws. What was she supposed to say? What was she supposed to do?

"I…" Yoona paused. Then, she frowned at Donghae, who was slowly looking up to her eyes. "Why did you leave me? Was I that horrible or something?"

Donghae immediately shook his head. "No, no. I was being a jerk. I-I thought I ruined your life when I came a-and…a-and I thought I should just leave for your own good. I'm so, so sorry. I'm really, really sorry." Donghae kept repeating how sorry he was until he felt something cold on his lips. He looked up to stare at Yoona's chocolate, brown eyes. She smiled a bit.

"Stop crying like a baby. I'm so supposed to cry, silly," Yoona said, chuckling. Donghae smiled weakly and grabbed her cold fingers.

"I-I'm so sorry…" he whispered. Yoona stared at the box on the ground.

"What's that?" Yoona asked. Donghae turned around as his eyes widened.

"Oh shoot!" Donghae exclaimed, picking up the box. He put the box on top of Yoona's lap and opened it. There was the perfect cake, all crushed and messed up. He pouted, as the color of pink and brown mixed together. "I bought cake for us. Half of it was chocolate and half of it was strawberry shortcake. I thought that after we made up, we can share it, but…it's mushed up into a pile of glob."

Yoona giggled, and then paused. Then, she reached to touch Donghae's hair.

"Do you really want to make it up to me?" Yoona asked. Donghae nodded his head enthusiastically. Yoona pursed her lips, as a blush slowly rose up to her cheeks. Quietly, she said, "Then kiss me."

A playful smile crept up on Donghae's lips. "What? I didn't hear you."

Yoona blushed madly as she looked away. "Never mind, never mind. I just won't forgive you–"

Before Yoona was able to complete her sentence, she felt a pair of soft lips brushing against hers. She slowly closed her eyes, as Donghae cupped her face and continued to kiss her. After a few seconds, Yoona pulled back at giggled. She smiled as she locked her pinkies with Donghae.

"And now, you're promise is completed," Yoona whispered. Donghae smiled brightly. He tucked a strand of hair behind Yoona's ear and kissed her again.

Thank you…for remembering.


A/N: The end!!!! ^O^ Okay, first of all, if you're not happy with the ending, I'm sorry, but other than that, this story has ended :3 I'm so thankful for all of you who commented and all of you who subscribed to this fanfic! ^^ Seriously, you guys really encouraged me to write chapters after chapters. During the middle of the story, I really wanted to give up, but comments and subscribers inspired me to continue. Again, I thank you all for supporting this fanfic. :) I'm planning to write another YoonHae fanfic, but I'm still deciding on whether or not I should post it since it's similar to a fanfic I've written. XP But really, thanks for reading and supporting me. I would've never finished this fanfic without your support.