Friends Again

Forgotten Promise

"Yoona-ah, let's go have cake."

"Yoona-ah, I promise to stop those bullies from bullying you!"

"Yoona-ah, where are you going? You promised that you'll come and play with me!"

"Yoona-ah, you can promise to keep a secret, right?"

"Yoona-ah, promise…"


Yoona shot her eyes wide open and examined her surroundings. The teacher had her back facing the class, so she did not notice that Yoona was sleeping. Cold sweat dropped from her forehead as she quickly wiped it before anyone could see her sweaty face.

Again! Yoona thought, frustrated. Again! That same voice, repeating in my head!

"Miss Im," the teacher called. "Do you know the answer?"

Yoona stared at the teacher in confusion. Suddenly, she froze. What were they learning about?


"Ooh, sleepy-head got detention!" Jessica teased. Yoona frowned and stared at the slip.

"Yeah, yeah, it's not like you never got detention," Yoona grumbled. 

"It's not my fault that you're jealous of me and Heechul being together," Jessica replied. "We've already discussed about our relationship, while you and Donghae are such slow-pokes."

"Don't look at me when it comes to slow! Tell that to Minho and Yuri. He should be making a move on her by now!" Yoona snapped. Jessica looked up and smirked.

"In fact, I think he already is making a move on her," Jessica said, gesturing her shoulder towards a certain locker. Minho was smiling and grinning at Yuri, who looked tired and exhausted. However, she kept a smile on her face, laughing at Minho's jokes (even though they weren't quite entertaining). Yoona slapped her forehead.

"Oh no!" she groaned. "So now I'm the slow-poke?"

"I guess."

"This is not good! I should be remembering stuff by now!" Yoona exclaimed. "Why can't I remember anything?"

"Well, maybe it just takes time, or it comes at a different level," Jessica said. Yoona frowned.

"What do you mean by a 'different level'?"

"Oh, you know! Like, a nightmare, dream, thoughts–"

"Dreams?"

Jessica nodded her head. "Yeah, dreams."

Yoona grabbed Jessica's arms and widened her eyes. "Dreams. I've been having dreams about stuff I don't know. Maybe those are my memories?"

"List one," Jessica said, crossing her arms. 

"Mm…like, there's this voice in my head when I'm daydreaming that keeps saying my name and a promise. Oh, and earlier this morning, I had a dream about this boy, who wanted to take me with him to wherever he was going, and.…I think that's just about it," Yoona finished, as Yuri joined along the chat.

"Hey guys!" Yuri greeted. "Mind if I join you?"

Jessica and Yoona exchanged strange looks. Jessica turned to Yuri and stared at her confusingly.

"What do you mean if you want to join us?" Jessica asked.

"Well, I figured that since Yoona and I are in okay-terms now, we can be friends again," Yuri said softly, glancing at Yoona. "After all, Minho oppa said that it would be okay…"

"Oh, sure–" Yoona paused. "Wait. When did you start calling Minho 'oppa'?"

Yuri blushed and looked at Jessica, ignoring Yoona's question. "So do you mind if I join?"

"Sure. Whatever. Just follow some simple rules and you'll  be okay with me," Jessica said. She cleared and stuck up her index finger. "One, do not go near Heechul. Two, don't flirt with Heechul. Three, if Heechul flirts with you, notify me as soon as possible. Four, don't make me look bad, and five, make me look good."

Yuri frowned. "So your rules are just about Heechul and your image?"

"Six, don't outsmart me," Jessica added. Yuri glanced at Yoona, giving her the "you-seriously-kept-up-with-this-girl-when-being-her-friend?" look. Yoona shrugged her shoulders and grinned.

It's nice for all of us being friends, Yoona thought, as Yuri and Jessica began bickering about Jessica's so-called rules, but it'd be better if I got to remember.

Deep inside her head, she knew that something was struggling to get out. Something big, as if carried a whole lot of information. Something like her memories.