How Destiny Works

Forgotten Promise

"WHAT?! YOU'RE NOT GOING?!" Jessica shrieked. Everyone in class stared at Jessica strangely, as Yoona shyly ducked her head. The teacher turned around and frowned at Jessica. 

"Miss Jung, please stay on topic," the teacher warned, as Jessica flushed in embarrassment. She shyly nodded and sat back down on her seat. Yoona sighed and looked down at her notes.

"What do you mean you're not going to eat lunch with Donghae?" Jessica hissed silently when the teacher started speaking.

"I mean exactly what I said. Now be quiet and listen to what the teacher is saying!" Yoona ordered. Jessica frowned.

"Girl, it's not like I'm supporting you with Donghae. It's because you need some quality time with your friend," Jessica said with a sly smirk. Yoona rolled her eyes. 

"Whatever. So you're saying that I'm not your friend?" Yoona asked, raising an eyebrow. Jessica smirked and giggled quietly. She patted Yoona's thigh and smirked even wider.

"Dear Yoona, of course I'm not just your friend! I'm your best friend, who is currently competing against your evil boyfriend, who snatched you away from me," Jessica muttered, glaring at Minho who sat right in front of her. Minho secretly turned around with the teacher was writing something on the board.

"Dear Jessica, I assure you that I'm not evil at all. Besides, Yoona is making the right choice," Minho said, smirking. Jessica stuck her tongue out.

"Mehrong! You're just jealous that Donghae knows Yoona better than you do," Jessica snapped. Minho widened his eyes.

"I am not!" he protested.

"Miss Jung, Mr. Choi! Is there something going on there?" the teacher shouted, getting annoyed. Minho smiled warmly at the old man.

"No, sir! Just asking questions!" Minho lied. The teacher raised an eyebrow, but then turned back to write a long paragraph. Minho and Jessica sighed and they exchanged electrifying glares at each other. Yoona couldn't help but burst into little giggles. The teacher slapped the chalk against the board and glared at the three.

"Miss Im, Miss Jung, and Mr. Choi! You are all far too noisy in my class today! Jessica, wasn't this your third warning already?" the teacher asked, furious. Jessica gulped.

"Yes sir–"

"I'm afraid that someone has to change seats with you. You are getting on my nerve," the teacher grumbled, looking down at the seating chart. Jessica dropped wide open.

"B-But sir–"

"Lee Donghae?" the teacher called loudly and clearly. Yoona widened her eyes. Oh please! Not Donghae! Anyone but Donghae! she pleaded silently.

"Yes sir?" Donghae asked, looking up from his notes. He clearly had no idea what was going on. He was just too busy writing down what was on the board. 

"May you switch seats with Jessica?" the teacher asked politely. Donghae glanced at where Jessica was sitting. He knew very well who was sitting next to Jessica–Im Yoona. He looked uneasily at the about-to-be-empty desk. Of course he wanted to sit there and have Yoona accompany him, but would Yoona like it?

"Er, I…"

"Alright, it's settled! Jessica, Donghae, switch seats," the teacher demanded. Donghae dropped his mouth open. He didn't even let me finish talking! Donghae thought, his eyes as large as golfballs. Jessica heaved a sigh as she got up from her seat cooly. She straightened out her skirt and casually grabbed her book bag. She smirked and tapped on Yoona's shoulder.

"This is destiny's doing. I'm sure of it! It must be destined for you and Donghae to be together. I guess this is how destiny works," Jessica whispered, giggling.

"JUNG JESSICA."

"Yes sir! I'm on my way!" Jessica exclaimed quickly, as she passed by Donghae. She naturally sat at his seat, while Donghae approached the seat next to Yoona. He stole a shy glance at Yoona as he took a seat. What do I say to her? Donghae wondered. He cleared his throat as the teacher turned his back on the glance.

"Er…hi?" Donghae whispered quietly. Yoona faked a smile and did a small wave.

"Annyeong! Now be quiet," she mumbled, finally focusing on the topic. Donghae sighed, as Minho glared secretly at Donghae. Of all the people who had to sit next to Yoona, it had to be him?!